Enable trading already

General Discussion
Trading already exists in D3.

It's called 2-hour trade window with everyone in your game at the time the item drops.

All the more reason to "play with friends". Look into it.
03/22/2019 06:42 AMPosted by Romzarah
03/20/2019 03:11 PMPosted by Crypto

Game is in its current state because all the players typically leave 2 weeks after the season starts. Why on earth would Blizzard want to contribute to a game that no one really plays longer than 2 weeks 4 time a year?

It's painful to waste time grinding to find end game gear. Hell I still have more fun playing Diablo 2 than I do Diablo 3. Why is that? because I don't feel like I'm wasting my time and the D2 actually feels rewarding. If I find something I don't need, I could actually trade it for something I do need.

All true.. At least with trading, you can trade for Primals that even after many season you have not been able to find for yourself.. I played D2 for a long time, had 4 accounts full of chrs, 2 of them were high level chrs. A 99 Amazon and a Barb at 97.. Then Bliz made it so you could not solo the game so magic find was out. I stopped playing for a little over 3 months and Bliz deleted my accounts.. I have not played a Bliz game for a lot of years, then a few months ago, I started playing D3.. Now I am done with no hope of getting the best gear in the game.. No trading, with a near no chance of getting anything worth keeping, makes for a boring game..
Ya sure, a player can give you a Primal, but I have never been given one for my build, and don't feel anyone would do so without something in return..

But you don’t need Primals, so.. pointless.

Besides, what would you trade for Primals? Most likely other Primals, and judging by your complaints you don’t have many - if any - good ones. So how would having the ability to trade for them help you?
In D3's current state trading wouldn't be possible. There is no way that you can sell to the majority of people that it will take a long time to find their own gear. When you have the itemization where gear makes the build. Players want to be able to get the gear to play at the level they want to play within a reasonable amount of time. If you think that the majority wants to go back to playing another trading game then you are sadly mistaken.

Now if there is a massive overhaul of the itemization and character progression then you might see a return of trading.
03/22/2019 06:03 AMPosted by Orrion
03/21/2019 02:40 PMPosted by ARTPOP
I agree Crypto. I don’t know why these D3 players don’t want trading or anything meaningful to be added. It’s especially sad on XB1 where I can’t even give my brother items on a season when we are playing together. They are the reason D3 is the way it is now. Utterly boring. I play a week or two of a season and I’m done.

They disabled trading in Seasons on the consoles to prevent item duplications. It has nothing to do with why there isn’t open trading on the PC. Item duplication works by having 2 or more players in a game, trading them equipment (or dropping it), and then leaving before triggering a save. The only way to stop it is to prevent items from leaving your character. That’s why trade is restricted in Seasons.

You can still trade normally outside of Seasons on consoles.

I know why they did it, but you’re telling me that a huge company like Blizzard couldn’t find a fix to duping items so they just completely removed trading? That doesn’t give me any faith in this company.

Somehow GGG manages it with POE on Xbox One. Maybe Blizzard shouldn’t have been so cheap and had games actually be hosted on their server.

Stop excusing Blizzard’s crappy moves or we’re going to end up with a mediocre D4.
03/23/2019 10:33 PMPosted by ARTPOP
03/22/2019 06:03 AMPosted by Orrion

They disabled trading in Seasons on the consoles to prevent item duplications. It has nothing to do with why there isn’t open trading on the PC. Item duplication works by having 2 or more players in a game, trading them equipment (or dropping it), and then leaving before triggering a save. The only way to stop it is to prevent items from leaving your character. That’s why trade is restricted in Seasons.

You can still trade normally outside of Seasons on consoles.

I know why they did it, but you’re telling me that a huge company like Blizzard couldn’t find a fix to duping items so they just completely removed trading? That doesn’t give me any faith in this company.

Because it’s local storage, so no. They cannot control your access to your own console and files.

Somehow GGG manages it with POE on Xbox One. Maybe Blizzard shouldn’t have been so cheap and had games actually be hosted on their server.

They managed it because PoE on the Xbox is fully online.

Stop excusing Blizzard’s crappy moves or we’re going to end up with a mediocre D4.

Sorry, but I don’t think making D3 able to be played offline on consoles was a bad move.

Drop rates are so high you don’t need trading on the console during Seasons anyway.

It works in PoE because gear isn't what makes the build in that game. There are alternatives to the BiS gear for a particular build that are easier to acquire and some are easily found solo self found (those that play that mode like I do). There are not any pieces of gear like sets are here where the damage of skill x is increased by tens of thousands of times. Where the only way to be able to complete all red maps, guardians, shaper and beyond you would need those pieces.

GGG has trade in PoE because PoE's itemization is way better than this game's itemization system.
03/24/2019 08:16 AMPosted by ShadowAegis

It works in PoE because gear isn't what makes the build in that game. There are alternatives to the BiS gear for a particular build that are easier to acquire and some are easily found solo self found (those that play that mode like I do). There are not any pieces of gear like sets are here where the damage of skill x is increased by tens of thousands of times. Where the only way to be able to complete all red maps, guardians, shaper and beyond you would need those pieces.

GGG has trade in PoE because PoE's itemization is way better than this game's itemization system.

I get that. D3 would need it’s itemization reworked to allow completely open trading again, but I was referring to how they removed trading among party members on the console’s seasons.
I'd pay extra for trading.
03/24/2019 07:23 PMPosted by Stinkyfinger
I'd pay extra for trading.

Good, go play PoE and spend the money on cosmetics.
03/23/2019 06:53 AMPosted by Orrion
03/22/2019 06:42 AMPosted by Romzarah

All true.. At least with trading, you can trade for Primals that even after many season you have not been able to find for yourself.. I played D2 for a long time, had 4 accounts full of chrs, 2 of them were high level chrs. A 99 Amazon and a Barb at 97.. Then Bliz made it so you could not solo the game so magic find was out. I stopped playing for a little over 3 months and Bliz deleted my accounts.. I have not played a Bliz game for a lot of years, then a few months ago, I started playing D3.. Now I am done with no hope of getting the best gear in the game.. No trading, with a near no chance of getting anything worth keeping, makes for a boring game..
Ya sure, a player can give you a Primal, but I have never been given one for my build, and don't feel anyone would do so without something in return..

Besides, what would you trade for Primals? Most likely other Primals, and judging by your complaints you don’t have many - if any - good ones. So how would having the ability to trade for them help you?

I do have some Primal items from other seasons that I don't use for other builds.. Last season I found 3 of Nat's crossbow, all of them perfect.. This season, a friend had a Nat's chest and didn't need it, but could not trade it with the account bound problem.. Yes most the time the Primal gear is scrap at best, but that too is a problem bliz created in what they think is going to make the game play last longer, when if you spend some time in the forums, you will see that lots of us feel that best gear is not worth the endless rift runs.. There has been more good ideas posted here than I would like to count,with no chance of anything being used.
Your right, I don't need the primals to play the game, but a game that is made so you can never get the best gear, is not a fun game.. I started playing this game a few months ago.. I have a lot of chrs now, and no playing them will get the items the builds need to get to the top in the game.. Lots of other users of this game have found that the game stopped being fun when you get the best ancient items you can find.. D2 is so much funner with trading then D3 will ever be..
03/23/2019 03:41 AMPosted by WittyGem

It's called 2-hour trade window with everyone in your game at the time the item drops.

I think the main issue is when your friends aren't online yet, and when they do come online after 2 hours, you can't give them that awesome item for their character. I think what most people wants is to feel that gratefulness from giving away an item that another player needs. It makes you feel good about yourself.
03/26/2019 06:11 AMPosted by SeuTiBeun
03/23/2019 03:41 AMPosted by WittyGem

I think the main issue is when your friends aren't online yet, and when they do come online after 2 hours, you can't give them that awesome item for their character. I think what most people wants is to feel that gratefulness from giving away an item that another player needs. It makes you feel good about yourself.

This is the classic "I found something really awesome for my friend, spouse, etc but mean old Diablo won't let me give it to them. Not only do they not get the item, I miss the joy that is similar to watching a small child open their Christmas presents"

Every single one of these stories is fabricated. Every. Single. One.
The gear isn't even what separates people in power. Anyone can get max level and get a free set of gear in one night of playing.

The separation in power comes from those who are 5k+ paragon level to your 1k or less.

Because 20k main stat is far more power boosting than a 200-300 main stat difference that you 'd get from a Primal.

Might as well bot. Or uninstall.
03/26/2019 04:59 AMPosted by Romzarah
03/23/2019 06:53 AMPosted by Orrion

I do have some Primal items from other seasons that I don't use for other builds.. Last season I found 3 of Nat's crossbow, all of them perfect.. This season, a friend had a Nat's chest and didn't need it, but could not trade it with the account bound problem.. Yes most the time the Primal gear is scrap at best, but that too is a problem bliz created in what they think is going to make the game play last longer, when if you spend some time in the forums, you will see that lots of us feel that best gear is not worth the endless rift runs.. There has been more good ideas posted here than I would like to count,with no chance of anything being used.
Your right, I don't need the primals to play the game, but a game that is made so you can never get the best gear, is not a fun game.. I started playing this game a few months ago.. I have a lot of chrs now, and no playing them will get the items the builds need to get to the top in the game.. Lots of other users of this game have found that the game stopped being fun when you get the best ancient items you can find.. D2 is so much funner with trading then D3 will ever be..

You do have the best gear, just not the best stats on the gear. Well-rolled Ancient items are close enough to Primals as to make almost no difference in performance.

----

Okay, so let's say they did add trading in, and suddenly you have your shiny set of Primals that performs marginally better than your Ancients did.

Now what? How are you having more fun than you were before? It's not like your gear being Primal would suddenly shoot you up 10 GRs.
I personally think that Blizzard has ruined D3 game play in a manner consistent with what kids today expect versus what kids in the 90's expected. It's almost as if everyone now days wants stuff just "given" to them for free or make it so easy that it is unnecessary for free market to function. The game has lost the feeling of a Diablo game to me. Of course millions of other peoples agree considering more people play PoE now than Diablo 3.

Many of you guys may not like the idea of trading simply because Blizzard has made it so easy to obtain items on your own if you spend hours of your time finding the stuff or crafting but you guys need to understand that casual players with kids that started the Diablo fan base in the 90's do not have 8+ hours a day to play for weeks at a time.

I would enjoy it if I could switch up between chars and builds, Swap out my dh impaler primals build to perhaps trade for primals for a wiz or sadder but nope, Blizz does not allow that. I feel as if now I've invested so much time into my DH that I feel that it is a waste for me to try to build other class of characters. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I'm just telling blizzard and whoever else wants to read my threads my thoughts which is if trading was actually enabled and all this "free" crap went away I would play this game wayyyyyy more ;) I'm also sure more people would stick around longer than 2 weeks after the season starts as well instead of jump back over to PoE ;)
03/26/2019 08:29 PMPosted by Crypto
I personally think that Blizzard has ruined D3 game play in a manner consistent with what kids today expect versus what kids in the 90's expected. It's almost as if everyone now days wants stuff just "given" to them for free or make it so easy that it is unnecessary for free market to function. The game has lost the feeling of a Diablo game to me. Of course millions of other peoples agree considering more people play PoE now than Diablo 3.

Many of you guys may not like the idea of trading simply because Blizzard has made it so easy to obtain items on your own if you spend hours of your time finding the stuff or crafting but you guys need to understand that casual players with kids that started the Diablo fan base in the 90's do not have 8+ hours a day to play for weeks at a time.

I would enjoy it if I could switch up between chars and builds, Swap out my dh impaler primals build to perhaps trade for primals for a wiz or sadder but nope, Blizz does not allow that. I feel as if now I've invested so much time into my DH that I feel that it is a waste for me to try to build other class of characters. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I'm just telling blizzard and whoever else wants to read my threads my thoughts which is if trading was actually enabled and all this "free" crap went away I would play this game wayyyyyy more ;) I'm also sure more people would stick around longer than 2 weeks after the season starts as well instead of jump back over to PoE ;)

That's because kids in the 90s are now adults.

And Blizzard doesn't give a fart how many people play POE because they have far more games to offer. GGG are an one-trick pony with a single solitary feather on their cap: a crap Diablo 2 clone-wannabe.
Having been in the late teens when D2 came out, I can comfortably assert that myself and my RL friends loathed how reliant things were on trading with drop rates further built around that mandate. Skill wasn't paramount to progression, but instead sheer luck and the amount of free time you could pour into the repetitious aspect of whatever farm you targeted. We also knew of people botting, duping, and map hacking, which further widened the gap of have and have not by diminishing the worth of lesser rarity items as they more steadily saturated the market. The sane players would scoff at SoJ becoming the defacto currency, where many were lucky to ever find one in their lives, let alone multiples for single things. Forget about high runes. Alternative things like stocking mule accounts full of gems was unfun tedium and never a guarantee the person on the other end would honor the trade when costs went over one window's worth, anyway.

So for me, it's not about impatience or pointing out some generational tripe about instant gratification. It's about calling out bad game mechanics for what they are, and as is common in these trade requests threads, the posted "solutions" never actually solving the core problems that devs across the industry have been fighting since RMT first manifested. It's not that we don't understand some people enjoyed trade, though. It's not that we don't get that helping friends would be nice. Rather, it's there are those of us who have seen the "dark times" of D3, D2, and various other games, realizing that the moment progression can be unfairly earned, you have people who will take that path and essentially corrupt whatever environment they inhabit by perverting community expectations and pushing others toward those same exploits to compete or even just be included. Instead of just playing the game, you're trawling channels or doing the WUG dance, camping an AH (and probably fighting over flipped goods), or lurking on third party sites trusting commentary on worth when who or what determines that is never really certain and the more casual players will probably get hosed one way or another.

Kill monsters, get loot, use said to loot to kill more monsters, repeat. It's a simple concept that doesn't really need to be mired down by exchanging things with people you never actually play with. Find something you can't immediately use? Well, would it tempt you into trying that class/build? If that's never the case, I dare say the whole "kill monsters" aspect of gameplay may not be your focus. Builds taking months/years to become functional or complete is not something we should be aspiring to, even though some people will stubbornly assert that such time sinks are content. No, content is devs releasing new areas, monsters, quests, items, builds, and so on to help keep the game fresh every few months, with expansions being the mother lode of that process. And frankly, it's fine to be worn out on D3 by now. We haven't had any real sort of major content change since Kanai's Cube was added years ago. Go play something else if you're not entertained. You're not betraying the franchise in doing so. That's more on Blizz for scrapping post-RoS content and thinking D:I was what we wanted.
Well said, Saidosha.

It's not like most of us are against completely free trading just for giggles. It's because we recognize that the negative aspects would outweigh positive ones bazillion times over.
03/27/2019 03:34 AMPosted by Saidosha
which further widened the gap of have and have not by diminishing the worth of lesser rarity items
Actually the duplication of items made them obtainable. 40 perfect gems could be traded for a set of SoJs. 40 perfect gems is nothing in the scheme of things.

Skill grand charms were also in demand, as were 20-life and other kinds of small charms. Those could be found on a fairly regular basis. A year of farming mundane things would easily net you a set of godly gear that you would otherwise not be capable of finding in ten lifetimes.

The problem was that certain items would never be expected to be found within a human lifetime, like a Zod rune. That was on the devs and trading could still have been very viable if they hadn't done that. Hell, everything can be found fairly easily today and trading would still be very useful, even if only available in non-season.

The economy in D2 balanced itself, though still heavily favored those who would spend money, especially with seasons.
03/26/2019 08:29 PMPosted by Crypto

Hold it. If you feel it'd be a waste to build other characters, then why would you want the option to dismantle your DH to build other characters?

And how can you possibly feel that way in D3 where your Paragons, gold, stash, etc is account-wide?

Why would you want to do that anyway? Level up another class, use your DH to get shards, and then let the other class roll shards for items.