Enable trading already

General Discussion
Agreed. Trading needs to come back in some form. Yes I am aware of the issues it brings. But I am also aware of the issues of NOT having trading.
Instead of complaining how trading will bring more problems, can someone provide any solutions to these problems so that trading can be realistic in D3???
03/22/2019 02:31 AMPosted by Meteorblade
03/21/2019 12:31 PMPosted by nibz
we need something to spend these BILLIONS of gold on anyway

Empowering a GR115 costs 129,000,000 gold.
So, eight of those eats through a billion gold.
Oh, ya.. cause everyone and their mothers can actually do a gr115... right.
03/28/2019 02:55 PMPosted by SeuTiBeun
Instead of complaining how trading will bring more problems, can someone provide any solutions to these problems so that trading can be realistic in D3???

No, because all the proponents to trade just want a virtual economy they can control while everyone else just wants to acquire their items in a reasonable time frame without being subject to others' whims.

03/28/2019 02:46 PMPosted by Robdoggierob
Agreed. Trading needs to come back in some form. Yes I am aware of the issues it brings. But I am also aware of the issues of NOT having trading.

What would those issues of not having trading be, pray tell?
03/28/2019 03:46 PMPosted by Orrion

That's easy he can't sit on his backside playing a game and get money for it
03/28/2019 03:06 PMPosted by nibz
03/22/2019 02:31 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Empowering a GR115 costs 129,000,000 gold.
So, eight of those eats through a billion gold.
Oh, ya.. cause everyone and their mothers can actually do a gr115... right.

With the amount of power-creep in 2.6.4 and especially with Season 16's free Ring of Royal Grandeur it's pretty inconsequential to reach GR100. So, how about...
    GR70 - 34,100,000 = 30 of those
    GR80 - 45,800,000 = 22 of those
    GR90 - 61,000,000 = 17 of those
    GR100 - 82,000,000 = 13 of those
    GR110 - 111,000,000 = 9 of those

Never feeling lucky in a world of RNG due to heightened drop rates to make up for it. Loothunt ends abruptly because it has no point at seeking them instead of hitting GRs. Also yeah small amount of profits wouldn't hurt I think, that would give a purpose to players to seek more loot instead of entering a phase of augments then GR loop.

Starting a new character you said? You'll end up doing the same thing after a while again and this time, it'll take you shorter to reach that point thanks to increased paragon levels. Also character slots are limited and only thing you can do is repeating Seasonal play then getting burnt out in a matter of 2 weeks. There's no incentive left for player to push on after they completed all solo challenges.
No matter how fake you think it is, trading would bring smaller communities together. The sad part is there's no PvP scene to feed from.

03/28/2019 02:55 PMPosted by SeuTiBeun
so that trading can be realistic in D3???

Digital trading can not be "realistic" if that was what you mean. There are ways to work in trading in D3 but that requires you to create a whole another system on top of already existing one. Having a PvP scene would simply justify having a trade system, yet I don't see it. Also game being 7 years old or so, don't really help the cause.
No, because all the proponents to trade just want a virtual economy they can control while everyone else just wants to acquire their items in a reasonable time frame without being subject to others' whims.
As a proponent to trade, I just want to acquire my items in a reasonable time frame without being subject to Blizzard's whims.

What you're talking about is a classic left vs. right political argument. Is big government regulation better, or is it better to have freedom to exploit the system? What does "better" even mean?

Non-PC versions have trading and nothing is "destroyed," as common hyperbole would suggest. Secondly, if people did start selling gear, as it is now, would you buy a set? Would you even feel bad that you didn't buy a set? Would you care? - Let me venture to answer that last one for you. "Of course I would care because I can't stand that other people who are completely unrelated/unconnected to me are having an easier time with the game than me and even though there's no chance I'll ever be in the seasonal top-1000 list, it bothers me that one more thing will prevent me from getting there." That's literally the only answer you can give.
03/29/2019 09:20 AMPosted by Stinkyfinger
Non-PC versions have trading and nothing is "destroyed,"

Bad call of examples. Console versions (xbox, ps, switch) have hacked items in online play. Their items don't hold any value because of suspicion and characters are replicable on demand. That's not same with PC, which to this date had an underground market created by botters.

Even if I'd like to have trading, you can not really cut botters' and third party influence. That's the drawback of the whole thing and a strong motivator to not add it back. At least, not without strictly banning them on sight or completely cutting anyone doing any kind of trade from leaderboards or filtered rankings for PvP (if they ever add it).
I can't really argue that folks get burnt out in this game, but the time varies between players.

I for instance will play seasons from anywhere to a month to a month and half to two months. But then like others, I'm not going to say bored, but I just get to a point that the grind isn't as fun.

In those times, I might find something else to do in the game other than grind our paragon and GR records.

There's things to do hunt for, or do in this game other than those two things. Earning achievements, trying to complete all the set dungeons, make a build that's a bit less efficient but might be fun to play (this option is opened up by the buff to LoN), power level newer players to the season and possibly helping them gear up a bit if they want that.

Anyway, the point is, I agree the grind can get irritating but that doesn't mean you have to quit 2 weeks into the season. If folks are only playing for those two weeks or a total of 8 weeks out of year, then its a sign that they don't like the game to begin with and mainly just dabble in it and in my opinion Blizzard or any game designer shouldn't cater to those types.
03/29/2019 09:26 AMPosted by naksiloth
Bad call of examples.
Doesn't matter. A third party exists. You can check Ebay for yourself. My point is -- even for those who wouldn't buy items, does anybody really care for for any valid reason?

Would it stop someone from wanting to play the game? Does the existing market do that?

Never feeling lucky in a world of RNG due to heightened drop rates to make up for it. Loothunt ends abruptly because it has no point at seeking them instead of hitting GRs. Also yeah small amount of profits wouldn't hurt I think, that would give a purpose to players to seek more loot instead of entering a phase of augments then GR loop.

Let's be serious - drop rates never needed to get to this point. They went WAAAAAAAY overboard, and that has nothing to do with the presence or absence of trading.

I never felt lucky when there was trading - because I never actually found anything.

No matter how fake you think it is, trading would bring smaller communities together. The sad part is there's no PvP scene to feed from.

Trading like we have now should bring smaller communities together. I mean, you gotta play with your community or you can't take advantage of it. If there's open trading then you don't have to interact with your community at all.

03/29/2019 09:20 AMPosted by Stinkyfinger
As a proponent to trade, I just want to acquire my items in a reasonable time frame without being subject to Blizzard's whims.

Blizzard would set the drop rate, decide what could be traded, and decide where items could be acquired. In what way is that NOT being subject to their whims?

Point being: Don't be silly. You're always subject to their whims.

What you're talking about is a classic left vs. right political argument. Is big government regulation better, or is it better to have freedom to exploit the system? What does "better" even mean?

But I don't want more regulations on trading. I just want to have avenues to acquire items without being forced into trading.

Non-PC versions have trading and nothing is "destroyed," as common hyperbole would suggest.

Actually, the consoles do not have trading in Seasons.

But one of the major reasons they have trading otherwise is probably because the consoles are rife with hacks and mods anyway, and Blizzard can't stop those. So restricting trading in normal play is kind of like worrying about the 2nd lock on the back door when the front door is wide open.

Secondly, if people did start selling gear, as it is now, would you buy a set? Would you even feel bad that you didn't buy a set? Would you care? - Let me venture to answer that last one for you. "Of course I would care because I can't stand that other people who are completely unrelated/unconnected to me are having an easier time with the game than me and even though there's no chance I'll ever be in the seasonal top-1000 list, it bothers me that one more thing will prevent me from getting there." That's literally the only answer you can give.

That might be true if I cared about leaderboards, but I don't. They aren't really a fair competition in the first place.
trading = p2w. nuff said, so, no.
03/31/2019 09:32 AMPosted by CMyTA

Who in their right mind would pay real money for items that are so common? Only a select few. I don't get that mentality. Like okay, let's not allow trading at all because some rich kid might go buy a good primal item. Who cares? Why would you want to gimp yourself on in-game features?

The fact that the OP is downvoted so much shows the exact kind of audience that Blizzard has attracted with casual D3. "Oh no, trading scares me, omgzor. I'd rather be limited on features so I can compete 'fairly' with all of the D3 bots that are on top of the leaderboards."

D3 was much more fun when the auction house was around. I didn't even use it to make irl cash. They should have just shut the real-money auction house down and kept the gold auction house up. But the casuals whined and they shut all of it down and got rid of trading. Then they implemented 6 piece sets, so we could all look the same and use the same build with the same exact skill runes. So fun.
03/31/2019 05:03 PMPosted by ARTPOP
03/31/2019 09:32 AMPosted by CMyTA

Who in their right mind would pay real money for items that are so common? Only a select few. I don't get that mentality. Like okay, let's not allow trading at all because some rich kid might go buy a good primal item. Who cares? Why would you want to gimp yourself on in-game features?

Well, if items are that common then the logical question is this:

Why do you need trading?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Well, if items are that common then the logical question is this:

Why do you need trading?

In the current state, it's really not needed, but why not have it? If I'm in a different game and an item drops that my brother needs and he's not in my game, why can't I trade it to him?

They would need to fix itemization for trading to be really meaningful again, but I would never argue against trading.

The better question is why not have it? Trading in D2 was part of the fun.

It just seems like you guys want the game to be so stripped down and bland. No trading, no PVP, no skill trees etc etc.