Impale Has Changed The Game

General Discussion
Hey everyone,

I love Impale. It has been my build many many seasons ago, and has again become my favorite. You leap around, you target choice enemies, you take way less damage than a hot chick wearing high heels should take (Kate Beckinsale for sure).

But Impale, its ease to gear, its relative ease to play, and its damage/toughness have absolutely stilted the game. You might say "but wait, the top builds for each class are the same 126-130!" The problem is that is the .01%. Let us look further.

I looked at what GR clear make up #1,000 on the Non-Seasonal Leaderboard per class, the last ranking player. I looked at the worst of the best, the upper middle class of each class. Put another way, what performance gets you to ticket on the ladder?

Barbarian requires you to only be 102 GR clear. Hell, I made it at 103!!!
Crusader requires a 105 clear.
Monk only needs 101.
Necro requires a shocking 92 only. Shows us how gear and skill intensive Lancer builds are.
WD is also 101.
Wizard is 108. Impressive....

Until you see DH. To get on the Ladder, you need a 115 clear. 115. Put in perspective, Wizards that clear 115 begin at exactly #250 and up. The bottom 200 (exactly) of DH accomplish that.

And most of the builds are Impale.

Do not nerf Impale. But remember that every build (high Blessed Shield) will compare to Impale, and will compare poorly.
It's always been harder to get on DH leaderboards.

Probably because DH builds dishes out of lot of single as well as multiple target damage, where as the other class builds are divided to either single or multiple target dps, so require either better management and or more fishing to get to where DH are.

Also it's very popular.
04/01/2019 05:30 PMPosted by Negator
Monk only needs 101.
Necro requires a shocking 92 only. Shows us how gear and skill intensive Lancer builds are.
WD is also 101.
Wizard is 108.

On the EU region, the rank #1000 non-seasonal solo players are as follows...
    GR108 - Barbarian
    GR110 - Crusader
    GR118 - Demon Hunter
    GR106 - Monk
    GR100 - Necromancer
    GR106 - Witch Doctor
    GR110 - Wizard

Personally, I've done a GR109 on Barb (rank 918 at the time, down to rank 948 now), but I'm stuck at GR109 on Crusader and GR117 on DH so, whilst I'm not breaking into the EU leaderboards on those two classes, it would appear I'd be on all three boards on the US region with the same performance.
Look closer and you'll probably find that N6M4 outclasses Impale.
Do not blame (drag down) DH... They had a hard time for many seasons.

04/02/2019 05:38 AMPosted by Jazz

Those N6M4 players got skills! I give them 2 thumbs up!

The rank #1 non-seasonal solo DH on EU is running Impale with a GR131 clear.
Of the top ten DHs, seven of them are running Impale.
I made the leaderboards on the nonseason side back on Feb 6 good for rank 689 with a 115 clear. As of a couple of days ago, I was in the 960's, I have no idea if I'm still on them.

At anyrate, I got stuck on 116 with around 1850 paragon. It's a testament that I'm not all that skilled at the DH despite years playing as one. I'm mediocre at best. Tip o' the cap to those that are obviously better.
Hey everyone,

I love Impale. It has been my build many many seasons ago, and has again become my favorite. You leap around, you target choice enemies, you take way less damage than a hot chick wearing high heels should take (Kate Beckinsale for sure).

But Impale, its ease to gear, its relative ease to play, and its damage/toughness have absolutely stilted the game. You might say "but wait, the top builds for each class are the same 126-130!" The problem is that is the .01%. Let us look further.

I looked at what GR clear make up #1,000 on the Non-Seasonal Leaderboard per class, the last ranking player. I looked at the worst of the best, the upper middle class of each class. Put another way, what performance gets you to ticket on the ladder?

Monk only needs 101.
WD is also 101.
Wizard is 108. Impressive....

Until you see DH. To get on the Ladder, you need a 115 clear. 115. Put in perspective, Wizards that clear 115 begin at exactly #250 and up. The bottom 200 (exactly) of DH accomplish that.

And most of the builds are Impale.

Do not nerf Impale. But remember that every build (high Blessed Shield) will compare to Impale, and will compare poorly.

Huh it is not impale but rather the set and legendary that makes it viable.

This game revolves around what Blizzard wants you to play, and not what the players can create.
Yeah and they ALL have over 5,500 Paragons with 130 - 150 Augments Along with 140 - 150 Gems, which 70% of the players never see, so I don't see how you can compare the Impale to other classes.

BTW: Sader has the Top single clear on EU
04/02/2019 05:49 AMPosted by Meteorblade

The rank #1 non-seasonal solo DH on EU is running Impale with a GR131 clear.
Of the top ten DHs, seven of them are running Impale.

True.. Didn't bother to look at non season because of crazy paragon levels.
04/02/2019 08:01 AMPosted by Rogue77777
Yeah and they ALL have over 5,500 Paragons with 130 - 150 Augments Along with 140 - 150 Gems

When I got my Barb onto the non-seasonal leaderboard it was with around 2700 paragon, rank 100 caldesann's and rank 115 legendary gems.
The competition on the DH leaderboard is tougher than the other boards because a lot more people are pushing with DH this season. It really is as simple as that.
04/02/2019 04:49 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Monk only needs 101.
WD is also 101.
Wizard is 108.

On the EU region, the rank #1000 non-seasonal solo players are as follows...
    GR108 - Barbarian
    GR110 - Crusader
    GR118 - Demon Hunter
    GR106 - Monk
    GR100 - Necromancer
    GR106 - Witch Doctor
    GR110 - Wizard

Personally, I've done a GR109 on Barb (rank 918 at the time, down to rank 948 now), but I'm stuck at GR109 on Crusader and GR117 on DH so, whilst I'm not breaking into the EU leaderboards on those two classes, it would appear I'd be on all three boards on the US region with the same performance.
That is about the same rate of out-performance. DH>>>WIZ>>>>>Crusader>>>Rest
04/02/2019 09:21 AMPosted by Varadia
The competition on the DH leaderboard is tougher than the other boards because a lot more people are pushing with DH this season. It really is as simple as that.

Except we're talking about non-seasonal, i.e. without the RoRG buff.
for info my leader clan ,player jade GR 110+ and 900 paragon...
is a girl ...

class balance is good ...do not forget that ,the ring free & also we have not all 5000+ paragon off season

sorry for my english i'm french
04/02/2019 10:15 AMPosted by Meteorblade
04/02/2019 09:21 AMPosted by Varadia

Except we're talking about non-seasonal, i.e. without the RoRG buff.

Sorry, didn't notice that.

It would be interesting see what percentage of players actually push a class for LB position. A lot of people have NS 4P META chars, but which do they enjoy pushing solo?