Noob Monk question

Monk
Hey guys, I've finally been toying around with an I6R2 build a bit, and am enjoying it a lot, but I feel like I'm missing something.

First off, does the I2 set bonus require me to slot Mystic Ally on my power bar? It seems like it does, at least for me. I've tried running without it and have noticed a significant drop in toughness and a bit of dps decrease as well.

I'm also struggling to clear GR110 but feel like I should easily be able to go much higher given my gear and paragon level. It's likely that I don't have the ideal skills setup, was wondering if anyone can help me with this?
With Inna boost you do not need mantra or ally chosen as active skill
your passiva are mandatory
active skills only need to be a gen, cs, dash (for mobility).
when i played r2i6 i did have lots of cdr to have ally as active skill ready for some spiritreg and also your dash is availiable more often (with r6 you should have it ready all time long during fight). having ally rdy has 2 advantages: little dmg boost and a stun, a heal and spiritreg. with lots of cdr epiphany can be good again but never forget: ias is your stat you wanna go for. gen monks dmg comes from ias and should never be underestimated.
when i tested it on ptr pre patch it was easy to do a 110 with 2.2k para
04/06/2019 07:17 AMPosted by Atomfurz
With Inna boost you do not need mantra or ally chosen as active skill
your passiva are mandatory
active skills only need to be a gen, cs, dash (for mobility).
when i played r2i6 i did have lots of cdr to have ally as active skill ready for some spiritreg and also your dash is availiable more often (with r6 you should have it ready all time long during fight). having ally rdy has 2 advantages: little dmg boost and a stun, a heal and spiritreg. with lots of cdr epiphany can be good again but never forget: ias is your stat you wanna go for. gen monks dmg comes from ias and should never be underestimated.
when i tested it on ptr pre patch it was easy to do a 110 with 2.2k para

Thanks Atom, will test further with your suggestions. Cheers!
there is also a thread about r6 gen, nothing wrong with reading it also since r6 gameplay also can be applied but my feeling was its a little different