New to Diablo 3. Need help!

General Discussion
I want to get into Diablo again, after spending my childhood on Diablo II.
But as i started the campaign i realized that i cant play online. As in i can't join a server with random people, or can i?
I can't see a way of doing this.

I also heard something about that i needed the RoS DLC, to play online??
Plz debunk it to me. HOW can i play ONLINE?
Classic D3 is semi-dead and changes to RoS are not retro-active and offers a higher power growth on character progression. So yeah, everyone left D3 at west (China still may have players) and moved to RoS. In short, you'd better buy RoS expansion pack if you wanna play with the community.
Oh i see... i just bought Diablo 3 overseeing RoS. But i guess you need D3 before you can get Ros. But thanks for your help
Naksiloth has it right. RoS (An expansion to Diablo 3, so D3 classic is required) is basically mandatory if you want to be able to find a fair amount of players, have access to Adventure Mode as well as Bounties, Rifts and Greater Rifts.

Rise of the Necromancer is not required to play with others.
04/05/2019 03:05 PMPosted by Ostebollen
Oh i see... i just bought Diablo 3 overseeing RoS. But i guess you need D3 before you can get Ros. But thanks for your help

Right now you can buy RoS with 50% discount and Necro DLC with 33% discount.
Keep in mind, until you reach level 70 you will not find any public groups with the exception of perhaps first week on a new season.

Just would not want you to go plunk down money for RoS and start a level 1 toon and expect to join a public game with 4 other players in it.
ok
I didn't even read the post. If you're new, you should walk away now. You can't beat this game, they don't want you to. End game is an endless grind for items that will never drop. I promise you will get burnt out before you even find one primal ancient that coincides with your gear/spec.

Just a warning.
Don’t bother. This game doesn’t compare to D2 and you won’t find like any players to play with until level 70. Check out POE, Grim Dawn, Wolcen, or Last Epoch.
Don't waste your time kid. This game is dead.