Idea For Season 17~18

General Discussion
I had an idea for Season 17 or 18 (dont know how far you are in making Season 17)

* Like in Diablo 2 make some elite's blue's immune to a random element and yellow's and purple 2x immune.
* Give us more Torment lvls maybe to T25?
* Give us new sets or at least a Blood Raven set with a world wide quest attached to it that gives you the ring (starter item of the set) Set is 11 pieces only the weapons are not included. something like the Blackthorne but then Blood Raven Style.

ps.
When i want to give feedback on Diablo 3 i get this... link.. a DEAD end.
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/forums/en/d3/
"Page Not Found - We couldn't find this page."

thats why i am here now..
03/14/2019 11:56 AMPosted by FMR
* Like in Diablo 2 make some elite's blue's immune to a random element and yellow's and purple 2x immune.

All that does is make some elites auto-skip. We need new and/or fun content, not annoying content.

Then people will just cry "I can't farm T25" followed by another massive power creep. We need less difficulties, not more.
the idea of making elites immune is that you need to work together and sync.

and your 2nd argument is without any logic.
03/14/2019 12:06 PMPosted by FMR

Which seems fine and all, but look how it worked in D2: It was easier to play in groups to kill all enemies, but solo, you were forced to kill stuff or let your merc whack away at them. When rune words came out, they changed the game, so you could get Infinity and other items to remove the immunities, so they could be soloed.

As far as D3, the only time players work together is in GR's. If you force immune elites, players will just skip them in split bounties or rifts, things won't change other than players will be annoyed. As far as GR's, higher up runs have trash killer, elite/rg killer and 2 support. If they run into something the elite killer can't kill because of immunity, it will just become auto-skip as is juggernaut and shielding.

Immunities and resistances are not a bad mechanic in general, but for this game they are a horrible idea. It is cool to come up with new ideas for seasons, but they need to be fun, not punishing. Any season that punishes players will become the "Season of Tumbleweeds".

You must be new to this game or else you don't remember:
"Inferno is too hard"
massive nerf for inferno
"Inferno is too easy"
MP(monster power)1-10 is introduced
"Most classes can only farm MP4 and no one can farm MP10"
massive buffs for classes
"Most classes can only farm MP8 and only a few can farm MP10"
more massive buffs for classes
"MP10 is too easy"
ROS is introduced with 6 torment levels
"Torment 6 is way too hard can only farm on T3"
sets get massive buff
"Torment 6 is way to easy, need more Torments"
Torment 10 is added
"Torment 10 is too hard, can only farm T8"
sets get another massive buff
"Torment 10 is too easy, need more Torment levels"
Torment 13 is introduced
"Torment 13 is too hard, can only farm T11"
sets get yet another massive buff
"Torment 13 is too easy, need more Torment levels"

This has been the exchange for the last 7 years, so explain to me where my logic went wrong with my extension of T25. What they need to do is get rid of 7 difficulty levels and rescale every thing. Make T1 = normal, make T2 = expert, make T3 = gr10, make T4 = gr20,...., make T10 = gr80. This way most build can still farm on max level, start of seasons will have fuller and tighter groupings, and 2 weeks after season start there will be 9 empty difficulties instead of 16.
I had an idea for Season 17 or 18 (dont know how far you are in making Season 17)

Immunities wouldn't work. Builds in Diablo are too centered around 1 element for damage dealing.

We need less difficulties, not more. We've got 17 of them already.

* Give us new sets or at least a Blood Raven set with a world wide quest attached to it that gives you the ring (starter item of the set) Set is 11 pieces only the weapons are not included. something like the Blackthorne but then Blood Raven Style.

Don't see a point.
03/14/2019 03:54 PMPosted by Alexismad

Which seems fine and all, but look how it worked in D2: It was easier to play in groups to kill all enemies, but solo, you were forced to kill stuff or let your merc whack away at them. When rune words came out, they changed the game, so you could get Infinity and other items to remove the immunities, so they could be soloed.

As far as D3, the only time players work together is in GR's. If you force immune elites, players will just skip them in split bounties or rifts, things won't change other than players will be annoyed. As far as GR's, higher up runs have trash killer, elite/rg killer and 2 support. If they run into something the elite killer can't kill because of immunity, it will just become auto-skip as is juggernaut and shielding.

Immunities and resistances are not a bad mechanic in general, but for this game they are a horrible idea. It is cool to come up with new ideas for seasons, but they need to be fun, not punishing. Any season that punishes players will become the "Season of Tumbleweeds".

You must be new to this game or else you don't remember:
"Inferno is too hard"
massive nerf for inferno
"Inferno is too easy"
MP(monster power)1-10 is introduced
"Most classes can only farm MP4 and no one can farm MP10"
massive buffs for classes
"Most classes can only farm MP8 and only a few can farm MP10"
more massive buffs for classes
"MP10 is too easy"
ROS is introduced with 6 torment levels
"Torment 6 is way too hard can only farm on T3"
sets get massive buff
"Torment 6 is way to easy, need more Torments"
Torment 10 is added
"Torment 10 is too hard, can only farm T8"
sets get another massive buff
"Torment 10 is too easy, need more Torment levels"
Torment 13 is introduced
"Torment 13 is too hard, can only farm T11"
sets get yet another massive buff
"Torment 13 is too easy, need more Torment levels"

This has been the exchange for the last 7 years, so explain to me where my logic went wrong with my extension of T25. What they need to do is get rid of 7 difficulty levels and rescale every thing. Make T1 = normal, make T2 = expert, make T3 = gr10, make T4 = gr20,...., make T10 = gr80. This way most build can still farm on max level, start of seasons will have fuller and tighter groupings, and 2 weeks after season start there will be 9 empty difficulties instead of 16.

Iam always bad in explaining. Always keep more then half of it in my brain..

But.. I agree with you. We have the same idea but different solutions.

I think T25 is good bcz it is the same as GR120. (I can see it is to much diff lvls... do :) )

And when you do bounties on T15 or higer you sometimes need help bcz your build... (when immunities)

... and!!! I forgot.. I.. we.. all want 8 players in a game..
Immune monsters are a horrible idea. This will only lead to players skipping them. I could see making some monsters more resistant to elements, but not total resistance.

As for more torment levels, there are already too many torment levels which divides the player base even further.

D3 needs actual new content and I would love to see sets be reworked to certain elements. Like a cold set, a poison set etc.
03/14/2019 06:53 PMPosted by FMR
And when you do bounties on T15 or higer you sometimes need help bcz your build... (when immunities)

You shouldn't need help just because you got a bad matchup with the enemy. That's a terrible game design imo.

There are better ways of making enemies difficult without the use of immunities.
Your ideas suck.
I think just troll but whatever...

Requires skill system overhaul for players to take a crack at those immunities. Since we ain't gonna have it, immune monsters will be an auto-skip.

T25 is something along the line of GR110-120, you have to solo equal GR tier to join public games to prevent leeches. Are you willing to solo it with augmented gear so you can join public multiplayer games in Seasons? This will only followed by more Set damage buff we don't need when players complain about not being able to join public bounties fast enough.

I think T25 is good bcz it is the same as GR120. (I can see it is to much diff lvls... do :) )

Players will be forced to augment to continue playing, not everyone does that. People simply drop D3 after their Season Journey is done, you're asking to make it impossible without any counter-measures. Most builds can not properly run GR120 solo without augments which will slow people down for grouping up. Additionally it will kill speedfarm builds that use different skillrunes compared to their push counterparts. Removing GR solo requirement will fill the pub games with leeches like old times.

You're asking to kill solo-runs. If immunities applies in GRs you can forget about keeping the playerbase in the game after 3 days into seasons.

... and!!! I forgot.. I.. we.. all want 8 players in a game..

Lag-fest. 4-man games sometimes get laggy due to visual effects and massed calculations are not good for servers.

So you want 8 player games so players never be able to multiplay it due to lag in pubs and oversaturated GR120 difficulty peaking in solo run to prevent multiplay? Brilliantly satire... At least I hope it was...
Requires skill system overhaul for players to take a crack at those immunities. Since we ain't gonna have it, immune monsters will be an auto-skip.

oke oke didnt know that

T25 is something along the line of GR110-120, you have to solo equal GR tier to join public games to prevent leeches. Are you willing to solo it with augmented gear so you can join public multiplayer games in Seasons? This will only followed by more Set damage buff we don't need when players complain about not being able to join public bounties fast enough.

so you want to keep it easy? or do you want a solution against leeches?

Players will be forced to augment to continue playing, not everyone does that. People simply drop D3 after their Season Journey is done, you're asking to make it impossible without any counter-measures. Most builds can not properly run GR120 solo without augments which will slow people down for grouping up. Additionally it will kill speedfarm builds that use different skillrunes compared to their push counterparts. Removing GR solo requirement will fill the pub games with leeches like old times.

it only lower the solo gr

03/14/2019 08:22 PMPosted by naksiloth
Lag-fest. 4-man games sometimes get laggy due to visual effects and massed calculations are not good for servers.

So you want 8 player games so players never be able to multiplay it due to lag in pubs and oversaturated GR120 difficulty peaking in solo run to prevent multiplay? Brilliantly satire... At least I hope it was...

and yes ;) the game servers and code is !@#$ even in a 4 man game the lagg is

s

h

ittttttttttttttttt
The game fixed. The journey to end game grind taking 3 weeks instead of 2-3 days. Actually making it a "Finding Loot" game again instead of being given loot.

But as if that would happen.

How about instant end game grind build the moment you hit LVL 70 and 1-70 XP boosted by 10,000%?

I think this will actually cause problems with builds that focus on one or twp elements only, not a good idea.

Why though? cause T13 is too easy? Then just do Greater Rifts. Or are you asking for larger drops of materials?

New sets for new play style sounds nice.