UE Multishot help/guidance

Demon Hunter
Was hoping an experienced UE player could comment on my gear and offer help. I have cleared 95 but struggling to get higher - last night I got a primal HOV so am trying it but I usually run the 100 Dam 50 reduce dam green set with my SOJ. I switched to grenade stun to get the clones to proc but usually run evasive shot.

Early indications are this isnt as good as my original setup, even though I'm a bit tougher due to the DR from elusive.

I do get hatred starved on occasion but not too bad.

Do I have to bite the bullet and switch unity in cube to elemental damage ring? I would be seriously glass cannon then.

Do I give in and go impale? I have a lot of ancient gear I could use for that.

Thanks for the help.
SoJ is not as good as Conversion of Element (CoE).

Perhaps the profile page is showing your farming build, but if you doesn't use Thrill of the Hunt passive in rift/grift too, it is a big issue.

You need more CDR. Your vengenance downtime is 4.8s. Too long. Try getting 37%CDR to make vengenance permanent. e.g. replace Stricken with Gogok.

My choices of gears are :
- Endless Walk set + Elusive + CoE
- Nemesis Bracers -> Wraps of Clarity
- Strings of Ears -> Witching Hour
- L.Gems: Zei, Powerful, Bane of Trapped
- Vault (Trumble) -> Vault (Trail of Cinders) (use fewer discipline than trumble if vault 1 or 2 times)

I have assigned some paragons to VIT to reduce 1-shot dead in high rift/grift.

Don't forget to proc Clarity and Elusive.

If you go for EW set, the strategy is:
- vault (1-2 times) to a safe place (stand on ring of Occulus Ring if possible)
- keep shooting MS until you are being attacked
- reduce walking, use vault. That's to maintain the damage buff of EW high.

FYR, this is my seasonal UE build for rift/grift:
https://www.d3planner.com/722968409
^^^ see this for my choice of passives/gears

I'm currently doing GR100 in 7-8 min.
Your paragon level ~1000 should do GR100 without problem. You should start augmenting your ancient gears.
Maskraider - really appreciate you taking the time out to take a look and give me advice. Some interesting thoughts there - and surely I will try some. As I'm running trapped I thought this was enough to slow stuff down, but perhaps you are right and it needs Thrill as well.

I will go back to endless walk and will switch out whichever is better to wear either elusive or COE. Such a shame the primal HOV didnt work out!

My Nemesis bracers are great as they are primal, but I can see that I might need the DR from clarity so will give that a shot.

Just as an aside - your gear is unworldly...the primal stuff is insane, what max grift have you managed with it?

Thanks again!

I have a levelled Gogok - will try that out for the vengeance uptime.

String of ears to witching obviously increases my damage - but even with more health I'm afraid I'm going to be 1 shot (especially by the pesky leapers and maidens) but my positioning is getting better all the time I play.
Just because an item is primal doesn't make it good. You still want useful properties on the item.

The fact you are relying on the secondary property of the BoTT gem to crowd-control enemies suggests you are getting way too close to them. No wonder you are dying. This set isn't like the Shadow set, which is for all intents a melee-based gameplay. UE is a true ranged play, which is why we use Thrill of the Hunt passive.
Shadow Impale and N6M4 are way stronger for a push. MS push only for the fun.
Paragon 912, no augments, I just did 109 in under 12 minutes with lightning impale. I use both Beckon Sail and Awareness.
03/14/2019 05:05 PMPosted by TimberWolf
Just because an item is primal doesn't make it good. You still want useful properties on the item.

The fact you are relying on the secondary property of the BoTT gem to crowd-control enemies suggests you are getting way too close to them. No wonder you are dying. This set isn't like the Shadow set, which is for all intents a melee-based gameplay. UE is a true ranged play, which is why we use Thrill of the Hunt passive.

Understood - but that depends on the map really, the corridors and rooms maps are much more difficult to range into, I dont tend to die to melee other than the leapers (especially the fast elite ones, they murder me) but I do also tend to die to witches or spearman ranged attacks if I'm not moving constantly.

You're right about primal - I havent had a lot of luck at all with them, and very few (maybe 5?) at paragon 925. I suppose thats ok, it should be rare rare!

I will try impale at some point in time, but I do love the playstyle of UE/Multishot.

Appreciate the comments.
You should have CDR on shoulders. For perma Vengeance 36% CDR is needed. That's three items with CDR plus diamond in helmet. You can get by with less of course.
You could drop Blood Vengeance for Awareness because you should not be dependant on health globes for keeping up hatred. . Cull the Weak would also be good to fit in (instead of Blood vengeance or Ambush). Multishot with Hellfire amulet and Focus&Restraint opens up for an extra passive. Zei's is better than Gogok.

Maps with corridors and small rooms are worse for sentry based builds. With UE multishot you can take cover by using the doors and walls and still be able to keep some distance to monsters. In some maps (like plague tunnels) monsters can sometimes hit you from a range where you can't see them.
UE MS is glass cannon no matter how you slice it. Without a complimentary legendary like Zoey's DR for N6M4, it's all about moving and positioning, and that's why I don't like the EW setup - you have to stand still to much to ramp up the damage bonus which means way more opportunities to get blasted by spearmen, leapers, lacunis, succubi, etc...

F&R rings provide more damage buff and using a Hellfire ammy gives you an extra passive, just make sure you get a useable one (Thrill, Cull, Steady Aim, Single Out, Awareness) so you can slot those 5 total. A non ancient HFA with Elem/CHC/CHD and a good passive is better than an ancient/Primal without.

Primals be damned, if they aren't synergized with the build, they are useless.

You want a minimum of 33.35% CDR to have less than 1 sec downtime on Vengeance. That's 8% on shoulders & quiver, 10% from Paragon and 12.5% diamond in helm along with the 65% from cubed Dawn. Witching Hour belt (though there is a discussion ongoing about Hunter's Wrath) for the AS and Crit.

Trapped/Zeis/Powerful gems

I use CoE cubed, sometimes Elusive (when I don't want to have to focus on unloading hatred during fire cycles). You could cube Unity for 100+ (but I hate losing Wydward ring on my Templar) if you're dying too often to make the time.
Have changed to solutions outlined above - now have completed 97, with 4 mins to spare - so hoping to get to 100 soon. Appreciate the thoughts and opinions of those who helped.