Change Ancient/Primal Puzzle Ring/Bovine Bardiche

General Discussion
Ancient Puzzle Ring: Opens an Ancient Vault that is set to level 85, and the end fight has three Greeds, that can spawn non-basic goblins.

Primal Puzzle Ring: Opens a Primal Vault set to level 110, and the end fight has a Gelato-Greed, that splits up to six times (like a gelatinous goblin).

Ancient Bovine Bardiche: Opens an Ancient Cow level set to level 85, and the Cow King event now spawns Elites instead of Infernal Bovines.

Primal Bovine Bardiche: Opens a Primal Cow level set to level 110, all Infernal Bovines would now be elites, and the Cow King event would spawn Rift Guardians.
I like the concept, thumbs up.
It make sense harder to find = better reward feeling.

But maybe just dropped item should be able to do it. Otherwise converting rare to them would be a cheat/lame.
Not bad ideas but they go against the concepts of vaults and cows.

Vaults were meant for a quick shot of gold so low level players can get artisans maxed out, consolidate gems and have something to spend for empowering GRs.

Cows were meant for the 2 guaranteed pools for leveling.
Even concept is good, still randomization is the same randomization. You'd be more frustrated if you have nothing useful from 6 bosses and filling everywhere with Elites only would cause huge server lag.
Nice idea. Can we have Blizzard testing this out for balance then releasing it for play? Let's make this happen please.
03/22/2019 12:26 AMPosted by KingCheetah
Ancient Bovine Bardiche: Opens an Ancient Cow level set to level 85, and the Cow King event now spawns Elites instead of Infernal Bovines.

Primal Bovine Bardiche: Opens a Primal Cow level set to level 110, all Infernal Bovines would now be elites, and the Cow King event would spawn Rift Guardians.

Some classes very rarely get a Bovine Bardiche because polearms are not in their loot pool.
03/22/2019 10:14 AMPosted by Jazz
03/22/2019 12:26 AMPosted by KingCheetah

Some classes very rarely get a Bovine Bardiche because polearms are not in their loot pool.

And IF they would do this so surely they would add polearm to drop list for all classes to avoid harm some classes.
03/22/2019 01:19 PMPosted by PardalBR

And IF they would do this so surely they would add polearm to drop list for all classes to avoid harm some classes.

Oh yes.... and with polearms in the loot pool (for demon hunters for example) getting the needed DH gear would be even more difficult...
03/22/2019 01:38 PMPosted by Jazz
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Oh yes.... and with polearms in the loot pool (for demon hunters for example) getting the needed DH gear would be even more difficult...

Easy to solve programming.

Query Demon Hunter
add drop polearmU

Query polearmU
add Bovine Bardisch

Set polearmU drop chance to 1/x.

Similar to this. And it's done. When a polearm drop for a class which do not use it so it will be 100% chance a bovine bardisch. X = number of existing polearm. And it's done.

There are 2 kind of person. First kind just create problems. The second just find solutions.
Upvote for you. Well done, nice suggestion. Would love this.
03/22/2019 01:47 PMPosted by PardalBR
There are 2 kind of person. First kind just create problems. The second just find solutions.

You forgot the third kind of persons: The ones full of wacky ideas.

This is true. It would be nice if there was another way to trigger a cow portal. We have two ways to get vault portals so that is not unreasonable to ask.

I certainly also like the idea that Ancient and/or Primal items open better versions of the Vault or Cow rifts.
03/22/2019 01:57 PMPosted by Jazz
03/22/2019 01:47 PMPosted by PardalBR

You forgot the third kind of persons: The ones full of wacky ideas.

Blizzard-Activision rarely add the raw idea given to their games. They shape it first after they balance it WETHER it make sense. What matter it's the soul idea to give better reward portal for ancient/primal item. Harder to find therefore better reward. Total okay.

So you could support the raw idea or just keep calling everybody crazy instead give some ideas to enrich the discussion. Each person give the best from what they are/got ;)
03/22/2019 02:00 PMPosted by MissCheetah

This is true. It would be nice if there was another way to trigger a cow portal. We have two ways to get vault portals so that is not unreasonable to ask.

I certainly also like the idea that Ancient and/or Primal items open better versions of the Vault or Cow rifts.

Indeed. And there are 2 ways to solve. The first i already said some post early. The second it would be easier. They remove Bovine Bardisch from Polearm drop list and they could add it for an isolated drop list for every class. Example:

Query all classes
add PolearmB #PolearmB would be exclusively a Bovine Bardish drop list item.

So the drop would be equalized for all classes.
03/22/2019 02:11 PMPosted by PardalBR
Indeed. And there are 2 ways to solve

Or just "performing X action has a chance to open a cow portal". Just like killing a treasure goblin has a chance of opening a Vault portal.

What trigger event they want to use, does not really matter. It is very very simple to just add in the chance to open a cow portal. The cow portal code is already there. The event code for whatever they want is already there. The code to have a random chance to open a portal is already there.

So, if player kills yellow khazra mob there could be a random chance to get a cow portal.

Super easy really given they already have the same thing for treasure gobs.
Too. If you add the OP idea to this so they stack to this mob the legendary/ancient/primal chance to trigger the portal rarity so it would work.
03/22/2019 02:06 PMPosted by PardalBR
just keep calling everybody crazy

So where in this dicussion have I called anybody/everybody crazy?
I respect that you have some insight to programming but it's a bold claim that it's as easy and simple as just adding a few lines of your code as you suggest.
03/22/2019 01:57 PMPosted by Jazz
wacky ideas

The translator returned me this like crazy. I'm sorry but english is my second .