Does heart of iron affect necro pet thorns damage ?

General Discussion
Searched quite a bit but couldnt find exact answer

Thx in advance
I don't see why it wouldn't. Heart of Iron adds up to equal of 300% of your total vitality to your total amount of thorns. The pet thorns damage is dependent on your total thorns.
Of course. It amounts to ~10% damage. Not that great, I'd rather have a leoric's crown tbh.
04/14/2019 01:17 AMPosted by Kikaha
Of course. It amounts to ~10% damage. Not that great, I'd rather have a leoric's crown tbh.

Can you pls explain why only 10%
Sorry didnt get the math there
It does. But doesn't add that much thorns. For instance if you have 12000 vit it adds 36000 thorns.

Say your total thorns is 230000, that only equates to 15 - 16%.

Most of us won't even have 10,000 vit witout spending large amount of paragon points. But it does make you very tanky.
Thorns is useless. There is nothing that buffs it, and above T4, 230K damage is a tickle for mobs.

At level 35(T6) I could stand there and mobs would kill themselves in one shot. Fast forward to 70(T6) and I didn't see a point of health coming off their bars.
04/15/2019 11:43 PMPosted by Slamboney
Thorns is useless. There is nothing that buffs it, and above T4, 230K damage is a tickle for mobs.

At level 35(T6) I could stand there and mobs would kill themselves in one shot. Fast forward to 70(T6) and I didn't see a point of health coming off their bars.

Necro has specific builds in group meta or even potential solo Grift push build revolving thorn LoN pets build using thorn legendary gem.

This is 100% incorrect. If anything is useless, its Slamboney's information. If thorns was useless, you wouldn't see Crusaders using it to crush GR120+s solo, or Necro's being the preferred RGK above GR140.

Slamboney, you don't know how builds work. Stop spreading misinformation.

You do realize there are multipliers right? Even for Thorns...

https://us.diablo3.com/en/class/necromancer/passive/aberrant-animator
    Your minions gain 200% of your Thorns.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/item/spear-of-jairo-P6_Unique_Spear_01
    Your Thorns is increased by 15% for every enemy afflicted by one of your curses.
Also, take a look on the PTR Leaderboards.
Take a look at the rank 6 non-seasonal, softcore, solo Necromancer.
That's a thorns Necromancer and he's done a solo GR126 in 10 min 58 sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz68bL5_FYM

Look how Thorns can do damage on 148...