About the coming Diablo episode

General Discussion
When I heard about the next episode of the Diablo franchise going on phones, my reaction has been very similar to those that we can see on YouTube.
Now when I want to have a good laugh I just log into a social media and look at the ''phony'' comments.
While looking at gamers around me on a daily basis it became obvious that the phone (including tablets) is most likely going the number 1 platform for next gaming generation.

So, not a long time ago I went on the Diablo Immortal site and realized that the game itself will most likely attract a massive amount of players.
Concerning myself, the transition from PC to Phone is only a matter of adaptation that I have done in the past when I switched from Arcade to PC (Indeed... that doesn't make me a teenager).
Like for many D3 has been a 50% disapointment and 50% entertainement, of course this episode has been misleaded so much that RoS and the Following patches process has been more a super-band-aid than a xpack.
As I really like this franchise it's no big deal, I'll give a try on a tablet, but what about the D3 RoS Community? Is the ''phone drama'' over?
04/19/2019 10:35 AMPosted by Vypwulf
Is the ''phone drama'' over?

I'm sure you could have found that out with a simple web search.

0/10 troll post.
04/19/2019 10:38 AMPosted by DonMartin
04/19/2019 10:35 AMPosted by Vypwulf
Is the ''phone drama'' over?

I'm sure you could have found that out with a simple web search.

0/10 troll post.

And your making it better how by assuming and making it worse?
04/19/2019 10:38 AMPosted by DonMartin
I'm sure you could have found that out with a simple web search.0/10 troll post.

Well, I was asking to the tiny group of players who still play to D3, it's no mystery that almost everybody posting comments about the franchise on social media have left the game since a long time already.
No offence but, with 2 brain cells fonctional you could have found out about it with a basic observation
A very large percentage of the fans have actually left Blizzard entirely. It's not JUST over Immortal, but it was the proverbial straw for a lot of people. I dropped Blizzard entirely back in early November, uninstalled everything, and added them to permanent boycott. Right now the only upcoming product I would have bought is WC3 remastered, but I'm not getting that now.

What remains of these forums is an echo chamber.
Pokemon Go isn't a barometer. It will fade like Angry Birds.
Mobile "gamimg" has been structured around that recurrent monetization garbage since it's inception. I haven't seen a single mobile game that isn't desperately trying to charge for random crap all the time. These "games" are explicitly designed to be addictive money funnels, not to be fun. They prioritize engagement by using psychological trickery to get people hooked up and them prey on their impatience in order to get away with insane amounts of profit.

Essentially, the core principles of mobile gaming are completely and utterly disgusting for more seasoned gamers. This is why I don't even install any of these garbage skinner boxes in my phone, and choose only to emulate games. The only reason why all these big triple A companies are desperate to break into that mobile market is because they can get away with a whole lot more profiteering BS than they would by attempting to over-monetize seasoned gamers that know better.

If Blizzard somehow aimed to set a positive precedent against the abusive nature of mobile gaming with Diablo Immortal, that'd be something I'd be able to respect, but as we've already seen in the leaked images of them studying monetization for the game, that simply isn't the case. This renders Blizzard into just another ethically bankrupt company seeking to profit from the largely unregulated scam cesspool that is that mobile market. Sad thing is, mobile games don't need to be like this, but crappy profiteering companies keep it that way. Just look at how cool the Switch is, and realize the wasted potential for a proper gaming platform to flourish on mobile devices is thanks to the massive list greedy companies Blizzard has already joined.

I don't know if you're aware of this, but last year at E3, Bethesda announced their Elder Scrolls Blades game as a "Pure Elder Scrolls Experience". Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, we see that was just more corporate BS to sell you yet another shell of a game that's egregiously over-monetized. I have zero doubt in my mind Diablo Immortal will be the exact same thing, and have no reason to trust Blizzard will actually not go that route with this thing. I'd like for once them to prove me wrong, but it would be foolish to expect that.

All this is why I can't help but cringe when I see people like Wyatt Cheng pretending mobile shouldn't be seen as a dirty word. It's not only dirty, it's completely and unapologetically rotten to it's core, and it seems Blizzard isn't even attempting to somehow, make it cleaner. They're just seeking to further exacerbate the reasons why those of us actually giving a damn about this franchise reject it on principle alone.

So yeah, I don't mind the idea of having a Diablo mobile game as a spinoff. It's Blizzard's gesture and their disingenuous attitude what irks me. They decided to alienate the core fanbase that rose them to greatness in pursuit of that easy micro-transaction Chinese market, and simply couldn't give less of a damn about it. Hell, they're even implementing critical bits of lore into it, just to lure core players into the damn thing. If you want to dismiss that as "drama", that's fine, but know at least you're completely missing the point behind the outrage.
I don't know if you're aware of this, but last year at E3, Bethesda announced their Elder Scrolls Blades game as a "Pure Elder Scrolls Experience". Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, we see that was just more corporate BS to sell you yet another shell of a game that's egregiously over-monetized. I have zero doubt in my mind Diablo Immortal will be the exact same thing, and have no reason to trust Blizzard will actually not go that route with this thing. I'd like for once them to prove me wrong, but it would be foolish to expect that.

Blizzard were doing the same thing at Blizzcon. Every chance they got, they described Immortal as a "fully-fledged Diablo experience". They desperately tried to push that narrative.

I hate how disingenuous both Blizzard and Bethesda are, trying to force these games they know people dont want onto their players. Just give us the games we are asking for, and stop playing on our emotional attachment and nostalgia on these IP's. Stop disrespecting your fans by nickle and diming them with this horse!@#$.
04/21/2019 08:16 AMPosted by spirited

Blizzard were doing the same thing at Blizzcon. Every chance they got, they described Immortal as a "fully-fledged Diablo experience". They desperately tried to push that narrative.

I hate how disingenuous both Blizzard and Bethesda are, trying to force these games they know people dont want onto their players. Just give us the games we are asking for, and stop playing on our emotional attachment and nostalgia on these IP's. Stop disrespecting your fans by nickle and diming them with this horse!@#$.

Nickle and diming? You try to buy a MTX from any game lately? Prices start WAY above a dime and go up to $40 or so. No thanx.