Impale stealth nerf? 2.6.5

General Discussion
Just logged into PTR and noticed right away Impale full bonus is now 60k instead of 75k.

This wasn't in the PTR patch notes so is this just for testing or is this a confirmed upcoming nerf?
Can you confirm if it's a tooltip typo or actual nerf?
same for me 60 000 only
It's on the actual set piece, shows 60k instead of 75k.
Don't think it's a typo but would like it if someone at Blizzard can confirm this.
May be they decided to nerf it because people can not speedfarm reliably fast enough when everything dies in one-hit at T13, and perhaps now in T16? I wouldn't be surprised them taking that as an answer after reading pages worth of complains about S6.
04/05/2019 01:27 PMPosted by naksiloth
May be they decided to nerf it because people can not speedfarm reliably fast enough when everything dies in one-hit at T13, and perhaps now in T16? I wouldn't be surprised them taking that as an answer after reading pages worth of complains about S6.

UE multishot or N5+Sage+RoRG multishot are far more profitable for speed farming on T13-T16.
S6 is far more profitable for GR100-110 speed runs.

I hope this is just a bug in description of the set and S6 damage multiplier wasn't reduced from 75K to 60K. Why they would lower it? S6 is not the one and only top build for DH anyway, N6M4 overall does better.
04/05/2019 01:37 PMPosted by KeenDzaDza
S6 is far more profitable for GR100-110 speed runs.

People non-stop complain about not being able to speedfarm with their S6 and ask for T25-30 for being eligible. It's hilarious I know, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the motive behind this. I'm totally speculating by the way and most likely not, but still hilarious. It shouldn't be that hard to switch to an Impale skillrune that doesn't benefit from S6 bonus. There must be another reason if there's a real nerf.
A 20% nerf if this right. That's like somewhere between 1 and 5 Grift levels depending on player skill. Doesn't sound like much but dangggg...
04/05/2019 01:58 PMPosted by Idolis
A 20% nerf if this right. That's like somewhere between 1 and 5 Grift levels depending on player skill. Doesn't sound like much but dangggg...

With the N6M4 builds crushing ATM (due to potion bug?) That would kill S6 RIP.
04/05/2019 02:03 PMPosted by Prology
04/05/2019 01:58 PMPosted by Idolis

With the N6M4 builds crushing ATM (due to potion bug?) That would kill S6 RIP.

Agreed. And it's amazing it got nerfed but LoN Starpact Bazooka didn't as far as I know.

I mean, one gets you to Grift 135 or so and the other blasts through GR 150, both in 4-man groups but it's the DH that got nerfed?

Good luck explaining that one, Blizzard.
Yea.... right now with the RORG buff impales are only viable as rgk up to 140ish... which is still kinda nice coz they can at least be invited to mid-high groups for gem ups

With this nerf + no more RORG + LON season buffs (rgk necro can now wear SOJ (about 35%-40% buff on RGs), and COE (66% buff for necro)) DH will once again be excluded from groups...

I guess it's rat runs for xp and 1 single push meta for whole s17...... don't know what blizz is thinking.
04/05/2019 02:33 PMPosted by sbzdiii

I guess it's rat runs for xp and 1 single push meta for whole s17...... don't know what blizz is thinking.

yeap pretty much this. talk about being stale.
So Demonhunters have no viable or competitive LoN builds, so for the Season of Nightmares, they nerf the most competitive set for the class. Classic.
yeah, hopefully this is just a mistake when setting up the PTR they pulled in old code or something.
04/05/2019 03:40 PMPosted by Prology
yeah, hopefully this is just a mistake when setting up the PTR they pulled in old code or something.

Exactly this, actually. It was a change we were testing internally, but never intended to push through. It's already been fixed for 2.6.5 live.

There are a couple other changes like this (including an accidental buff to Reaper's Wraps), and one missed patch note that is intentional (a buff to Carnevil). I'll be adding a list of known issues to the PTR Bug Report forum for clarity and updating the PTR patch notes accordingly.

Apologies for the confusion!
04/05/2019 03:41 PMPosted by Nevalistis
04/05/2019 03:40 PMPosted by Prology

Exactly this, actually. It was a change we were testing internally, but never intended to push through. It's already been fixed for 2.6.5 live.

There are a couple other changes like this (including an accidental buff to Reaper's Wraps), and one missed patch note that is intentional (a buff to Carnevil). I'll be adding a list of known issues to the PTR Bug Report forum for clarity and updating the PTR patch notes accordingly.

Thank you for letting us know about these mistakes.
oh thank rngesus
and updating the PTR patch notes accordingly.

With buffs to Rapid Fire and Elemental Arrow too, I'm sure :o)

Thanks for the prompt replay & action.