XP Buff for Single Players

General Discussion
Highly Rated
How about buffing xp pools for single players. I solo pretty much 90% of the time for xp and it would be great to have xp pool give a little more then 25% xp boost. Say at least 50%. Anyone else think this is a good idea or bad?
They want you to play in groups, it is best to play in groups, that's why it's an online game in the first place; so that you can play with others.
Yeah. It's a dream! Pls, Blizz, give to us, single players, this gift.
i dont think it'll happen until they fix/ban bots^^
There should not be any buffs for solo or single players unless groups also get it.

Blizzard made a good decision in incentivizing group play over solo player to encourage more social interactions.
04/10/2019 10:13 AMPosted by KiWeN
They want you to play in groups, it is best to play in groups, that's why it's an online game in the first place; so that you can play with others.

Except for the game is dying and the matchmaking is split into the following:

Normal, Normal hardCore, Season, Seaonal Hardcore... times 16 torment levels now. So 64 different combinations.

Oh and then there’s a lobby for rifts, bounties and brawler.

So now that’s 192. The community is divided between 192 modes. At least, because I have yet to factor in levels.

No wonder there’s less than 10 people in every single lobby. So much for being multiplayer.

What if I dont play one of the 4 class/builds in the 'meta'? What if I think the stupidest thing ever in an ARPG is playing a build that does zero damage? No groups for me then. Not much of a multiplayer game.
04/10/2019 10:39 AMPosted by Flansy
What if I think the stupidest thing ever in an ARPG is playing a build that does zero damage? No groups for me then. Not much of a multiplayer game.

that's called a support char ^^

What if I dont play one of the 4 class/builds in the 'meta'? What if I think the stupidest thing ever in an ARPG is playing a build that does zero damage? No groups for me then. Not much of a multiplayer game.

Public---->Rifts
Public----->Greater RIfts

There you go easy group. done.

Support builds have been around forever in RPGs and tanks, healers, support classes are not just limited to diablo 3.

Blizzard made a great decision in incentivizing group play over solo player to encourage more social interactions.

Buy a Switch... Why do you buy an online only game to play alone? That's like buying a car without a driver's license.
04/10/2019 10:44 AMPosted by Lag
that's called a support char ^^

If I wanted to play WoW, I'd play WoW. D3 isnt WoW.

04/10/2019 10:45 AMPosted by speedyraptor
Public---->Rifts
Public----->Greater RIfts

There you go easy group. done.

Support builds have been around forever in RPGs and tanks, healers, support classes are not just limited to diablo 3.

Blizzard made a great decision in incentivizing group play over solo player to encourage more social interactions.

See above.

04/10/2019 10:51 AMPosted by KiWeN
Buy a Switch... Why do you buy an online only game to play alone? That's like buying a car without a driver's license.

I did play with other people, until that became pointless. If youre defending group play design that only support 4 builds, you are delusional.
I'd say the message has been lost that group play is supposed to be a supplement and not a requirement to the experience. Citing the online-only requirement does not immediately translate to mandatory multiplayer, as we otherwise would lack the ability to create private games and would generally see people coming and going at random with or without the same personal goals in the moment.

As I've said in old threads relative to the topic, the game was always built from the ground up as a single player experience first and foremost. Despite changes that have come to difficulty systems, skills, gear, and so on, progressing through the story was largely possible on your own. You didn't need to trade or play the AH in the early days, but it certainly helped speed up the process way more than it should've.

Unfortunately, envy set in and people got jealous of other classes that could do things theirs couldn't (at the same speed). Things started shifting to MP, but then you started seeing optimal party formations and prereqs just to get into a group. The implementation of GRs just further exacerbated that meta tendency, and here we are, a significant majority of players having their progress exponentially eclipsed by a (vocal) minority that love to tell them that playing their way is wrong when... it isn't.

The game is about killing monsters. It's not letting other people kill monsters for you because you happen to be a mobile buff totem. Attempting to justify the game as a more "traditional RPG" with aspects of the trinity would further mandate things like proper enmity/threat mechanics per mob, more proper/direct healing/support spells, an emphasis on tanks needing to take hits for squishies, and so on. D3 isn't there. D3 isn't even close to there. Yet the half-arsed abomination of now has it that much superior to simply playing alone as a DPS.

In absence of patching the various multiplayer "exploits" that do currently exist, improving the solo experience is the only real alternative.
Just double the xp for solo.

This game after 2 weeks in season becomes ghost town. You can literally queue for minutes to get 1 other player and both stand around in town for quite some time before a 3rd and a 4th appear only to see the 1st or 2nd player had to leave soon.

You cant get a team of 4 easily after week #2.
Groups get +30% just from being a 4 man party.
Groups get more XP from being able to do higher GR.

These 2 combined makes grouping like 10x times more XP/h than solo.
04/10/2019 10:30 AMPosted by speedyraptor
There should not be any buffs for solo or single players unless groups also get it.

Blizzard made a good decision in incentivizing group play over solo player to encourage more social interactions.

Groups already get a bonus...it's called strength in numbers. This gives them a bonus 10% XP per additional player in the group. That's a total of 30% in a 4 man party. That's on top of the obvious benefit they also get from being able to do higher level grifts more efficiently.
04/10/2019 10:54 AMPosted by Flansy

04/10/2019 10:51 AMPosted by KiWeN

I did play with other people, until that became pointless. If youre defending group play design that only support 4 builds, you are delusional.

I am not, as far as I am concerned 4 is too few. But don't expect them to reward you for playing solo as that is pointless. They tried that back in 1.3-1.6 I believe it was.

The thing is that if you punish players for playing with friends, you are demoralizing play spirit, and that is what OP is proposing. It simply doesn't work and isn't beneficial in any meaningful way.

If you have higher rewards for playing solo than if somebody joins your game, then you don't want nobody to join you. If (like back then) it requires a group of 4 to be more rewarding than playing solo, players will just sit along a with for a full 4 party or not bother joining a party.

If you choose to play solo as it is now, it is your own choice, your own limitations. You are free to choose groups or play with random people without being punished in your rewards, in fact it only increases. That is how it stimulates social behavior and gives you an open choice that is neither forced or prohibited.

Now you can argue that grouping up have too many advantages, and I would actually agree, and the simple solution would be to remove the "Strength in Numbers" buff. But increasing the rewards and gain of solo play is just pure nonsense and is just stupid and not a thought through suggestion - IMHO.
yes yes pls
04/10/2019 03:23 PMPosted by Saidosha
As I've said in old threads relative to the topic, the game was always built from the ground up as a single player experience first and foremost. Despite changes that have come to difficulty systems, skills, gear, and so on, progressing through the story was largely possible on your own. You didn't need to trade or play the AH in the early days, but it certainly helped speed up the process way more than it should've.

[/quote]
YEA.... NO.

Go check out some interviews, here Max Scheafer talks about early development in regards to online and battle.net (around 8 min mark). And also how important and how it was a crucial and central part.
https://youtu.be/fD175c2dH48

I can't recall the one where it is actually said, but I am fairly certain it was Brevik. However Diablo 2 was developed for team play, that is part why the areas are so big. And then they scaled down for single player, as it was easier.

Diablo is a multi-player a-RPG game. Get your facts straight.
04/10/2019 10:30 AMPosted by speedyraptor

What social interactions are u talkin about? Rushing to boss and leaving if 1 person takes half a sec to long to leave/open a new rift.
Buffing single player would be nice.

To everyone defending multiplayer..
I don't see how this would affect it? if you like playing multiplayer then play multiplayer.. I'm pretty sure the main reason you play it, is to play with friends/clan members to push together, it just so happens you have to do meta strats to make it work. I am not a fan of D3's meta so I like playing solo.