Quick Invoker Question

Crusader
I'm I correct in assuming that Critical Hit Chance and Damage doesn't work with Invoker.
To be more specific, CHC and CHD don't work with thorns. Those two attributes are completely useless in any thorns build, Invoker included.
Critical - not applied to thorns
% Physical damage - applied to thorns
Area damage - only applied to Invoker 2pc reflective
% punish/slash damage - not applied to Invoker 6pc

I think attack speed, cool down reduction, % physical damage, and life on hit are the top most important stats you need to consider.
03/18/2019 11:34 PMPosted by Sangyung

I think attack speed, cool down reduction, % physical damage, and life on hit are the top most important stats you need to consider.

This must be highlighted: Life per Hit, in particular, gives you high survivability on higher grifts. I recently have changed Vitality affix (1000) of my Helm to LpH (11k), even though I had to renounce to some thorns, and noticed a great improvement both in melee and on single target.

I dare to say that in groups with a support char, you would change your Law (often set as defensive law) in favor of the offensive one (+15% AS), which guarantees much more damage too. With the obvious Resistances, you would mitigate input hits as well, thanks to more LpH procs.
03/18/2019 01:39 PMPosted by Kirottu
To be more specific, CHC and CHD don't work with thorns. Those two attributes are completely useless in any thorns build, Invoker included.
don't mean to sound like i'm beating a dead horse but. you're saying that any thorn damage can not, in any way, do critical hits? no... crap.... well hell... that changes things for me. LMAO. Thanks for the heads up. :D
That's right, thorns can never do criticals. For that reason, in any thorns build CHC and CHD are wasted affixes, just roll them to basically anything else.

%Physical Damage is a good affix, a flat damage boost to thorns.

What other affixes are useful depends on what you're running. Invoker benefits greatly from attack speed and life per hit.

Another little tip: Pig Sticker is the best weapon for Invoker, roll off the raw damage for something more useful.
I'm just curious on what LoH has to do with thorns.

New invoker player tbh.
03/19/2019 01:07 PMPosted by Interittus

New invoker player tbh.

LoH to keep you alive when you stand still and hack away at elites. LoH benefits from the high attack speed you seek to attain with Invoker.
03/19/2019 01:07 PMPosted by Interittus

Getting Punish to hit 4-5x/second is the strength of LoH.