Please buff underperforming LoN builds in 2.6.5

General Discussion
There are a lot of complaints about S17 and the LoN theme based on the fact that some of the classes don't have viable LoN builds.

Meanwhile patch 2.6.5 already has patches that will benefit known LoN builds that aren't lagging.

Where are the legendary buffs for the classes that are lagging?

The PTR should have had set item drops disabled to test out LoN builds for the various classes and to identify items that needed tuning to bring the classes into closer balance. Instead it became a PTR of several classes that ignored LoN entirely.

Personally I'd like to see S17 also have set builds disabled just to make it a season of Immersive LoN, but until all classes have viable LoN builds, that would be a bit dismissive.

In the end, why launch a "Season of LoN" if very little LoN-based balancing has been done?

Even more oddly, 2 of the season conquests are set-based (GR55 with 6 different class sets, and master 8 set dungeons). There should have been a LoN-based conquest or at least a LoN-based task or two in the season journey...
Yea, I agree. If you want to make it season of LON, that's fine, but lon wiz and lon necro are already on top of the leaderboard and it's just going to make them even more powerful. DH, crusader, and WD will not be able to compete at all. With the rorg buff going down, dh will not be as powerful anymore. Charge barb speed runs will die out without rorg buff. That leaves rat runs, meta runs with wiz, or gtfo.
04/10/2019 04:29 PMPosted by flarbear
Personally I'd like to see S17 also have set builds disabled just to make it a season of Immersive LoN, but until all classes have viable LoN builds, that would be a bit dismissive.

Where was you with a disable LoN set because it's a RoRG season in season 16
And why should I be not allowed to play a set in season 17 just because it's a LoN season
A season without sets....damn....that would be really worth a try. Please pick that up for S17 or S18 at least Blizz.
Yeah it's like wasted chance to buff tons of useless legendaries. Such a shame.
I'm sure to get trashed on this but I play solo. LoN, as much as I love it, is damn hard to do. Ancients, RNG and the overall lack of options to modify (you can't reroll an Ancient) gear is a problem.

For me, I would need to roll a new class, get the free set at 70 then smash out higher GRifts ASAP. Grind the **** out of it for Ancients. Even then there are issues. Some gear is Act only (won't drop in a Rift).

I ask Blizz to make big changes here. D3 is not really designed around LoN. Maybe add new Rift types for bounties and non-set gear?

I fear this season is going to have a lot of negative forum posts.

The PTR should have had set item drops disabled to test out LoN builds for the various classes and to identify items that needed tuning to bring the classes into closer balance. Instead it became a PTR of several classes that ignored LoN entirely.

In the end, why launch a "Season of LoN" if very little LoN-based balancing has been done?

Well, I don't see how disabling sets would make the season better. We know they won't buff any other legendary. (even if it was highly requested for the LoN builds, look around the threads) So it would just kill DH players, Barbs as well. And kill diversity.

We all hope for a seasonal buff on other items, really. But as I said, I don't think they will.
IMO, I don't think everything need to be LON related, but Blizard can certainly buff fun but underperforming skill like ripid fire & heaven fury, so Dh has something new to play with.
I'm hoping that we are seeing a larger patch than the one we got for PTR. We still have 4 weeks till season end, so we could have another round of PTR patch to test some higher numbers on items that could increase the build pool of LoN.

It's highly needed for such a season.
04/11/2019 01:48 AMPosted by OoieGooie
I'm sure to get trashed on this but I play solo. LoN, as much as I love it, is damn hard to do. Ancients, RNG and the overall lack of options to modify (you can't reroll an Ancient) gear is a problem.

For me, I would need to roll a new class, get the free set at 70 then smash out higher GRifts ASAP. Grind the **** out of it for Ancients. Even then there are issues. Some gear is Act only (won't drop in a Rift).

I ask Blizz to make big changes here. D3 is not really designed around LoN. Maybe add new Rift types for bounties and non-set gear?

Well, I got my all ancient set items and all the rest of eq (without some jewelery) in 50 or 60 hours of solo play in s16. If you go for LoN you can use some random ancients in at least half of slots (well it depends on the build, but you can always have some random ancients). So, it might be even easier to get full ancient EQ. The inclusion of t14-16 will help also. I bet you could obtain all ancient gear (including random ancients) in 30-35 hours of solo play. That is not that hard. It will be not optimal gear, but you could start farming with LoN for better gear after these 30 or 35 hours.
04/11/2019 12:10 PMPosted by Karolek
04/11/2019 01:48 AMPosted by OoieGooie

Well, I got my all ancient set items and all the rest of eq (without some jewelery) in 50 or 60 hours of solo play in s16. If you go for LoN you can use some random ancients in at least half of slots (well it depends on the build, but you can always have some random ancients). So, it might be even easier to get full ancient EQ. The inclusion of t14-16 will help also. I bet you could obtain all ancient gear (including random ancients) in 30-35 hours of solo play. That is not that hard. It will be not optimal gear, but you could start farming with LoN for better gear after these 30 or 35 hours.

Yea I played an entire season previously using only LoN (think it was season 5 or 9) and it took about 50 hours to get a full build. Biggest issue was the immense lack of power due to lazy developers.
With the new LoN power in 2.6.4 you can boost your farming level significantly with just a few ancients. In the PTR I managed to clear my GR70 and unlock primals with just 8 ancients (given the PTR had a big drop boost, but that was all the ancients I needed to reach GR70). Also, that GR70 clear was the rift where I leveled my first LGem - my Boon of the Hoarder - to L25 and it was the only LGem I was using.

So, GR70 with no LGems on only 8 ancients - that isn't such a big hurdle for getting a boost on the start of a season. It might take longer to get those 8 ancients without the PTR boost, but it's not like you need 13 ancients or the LoN is useless.

Compared to class sets, it's actually quite a bit more flexible since you need matching items with the class sets before you unlock the 6 piece bonus. Granted Haedrig does give you a matching set, but usually you don't farm as well in Chapter 4 with just the 4 pieces you get in the first 2 gifts. With 2 sets of ancients from a LoN-focused Haedrig's gift (even if only 4 ancients) you are probably more powerful than most class-specific 4 piece sets.

And compared to the standard experience of trying to get an ancient set, it's quite a bit easier because you can use most any N ancients, not a specific set of 6 ancients. You do a lot better if the weapon is ancient and if you are doing a build that has a specific skill, it helps if you get the 2 or 3 items that boost that skill as ancient, but none of those are gating - you can use the 3 skill-specific non-ancient legendaries and pair them with 6-8 other ancients and the build typically kicks !@# - then when you get ancient versions of the build-specific items it gets even better.

My thoughts for a more LoN-focused season was that Haedrig's Gift would not give set pieces, but ancients - when you finish Chapter 4 you have at least 6 ancients which boost you to somewhere between T6-T10, just like a typical season with a Haedrig's set...
04/10/2019 09:49 PMPosted by Steve

Where was you with a disable LoN set because it's a RoRG season in season 16
And why should I be not allowed to play a set in season 17 just because it's a LoN season

Yeah, I guess I realize there are those who consider seasons mainly as a run on a fresh set of leaderboards, but the theme was specifically chosen to be anti-set.

A compromise would be that Haedrig's Gifts would give you 6-8 ancients instead of the typical set in S17. You could still accumulate a set, but like in most seasons you have to use what they give you to farm the set you prefer. This would be no different than the seasons where your preferred class has an unpopular Haedrig's set and you have to learn to be effective with it before you get your killer set.

In this season, your initial seasonal boost would be LoN-focused without eliminating the possibility of sets entirely.

For reference, you can pretty much get the same boost to T10 with just 6-8 ancients and a LoN build as you might with the 6-piece class set you would normally get from a Chapter 4 Haedrig's set of gifts.
No kidding.

They absolutely need to go through the other sets/builds and do some massive buffing.

It really sucks that so many fun builds have been trash for so long:

WW barb
Strafe, rapid fire, and even MS DH
frozen orb wiz
tons more