@ Nevalistis GR 150+ Cap needing Raise

General Discussion
the difficulty should be graduated after grift 100,

101 is 17 percent harder than 100.
102 is 34 percent harder than 101
103 is 68 percent harder than 102
104 is 136 percent harder...

Etc.

You can make the graduation more or less depending on how tightly you want to band people relative to accomplishments.

As it stands the multiplicative nature of the difficulty per level is turning out to be a disaster / not working because of how the power creep is in the game.

Graduated difficulty per grift will allow more forgiveness on power creep AND would allow for less pin point accuracy needed to fine tune everyone into the same power band.
04/13/2019 07:03 AMPosted by Alecta
The problem here is that the so called "elite" players of this game are not competitive players. They are just number-horny zombies getting off to higher clears for whatever stupid reason, and they want to keep scaling to infinity so long as they invest their miserable lives into it.

Yes we are. I like 4p pushing and I spend too much of time in the game to make it a bit higher than my rivals in 4p lbs. And what's wrong with that? How is that worse than farming wings/ transmogs/ achievements/ primals etc? This game all around some stupid useless activities like that, if you don't like it I'm really curious what are you doing in that game? Please enlighten me.

But i disagree with OP on "We have casual, semi casual, elite players" bs. He either troll or doesn't understand why people play D3. That's true that 4p pushers averagely spend more time in the game, but i know plenty of solo pushers/transmog framers/ perfect item farmers or just friends helpers who spend lots of their time here as well. The game has lots of dimensions to compete and 4p pushing obviously is not more "elite" than others.
there was a time static charge monk did all the dmg in a rift and was way higher than all other dmg. it just was nerfed. broken macrozard mechanics (yeah, there are people gettin it done without, then call it imbazard) give possibility to clear 150 with ease. its time to fix it by e.g. insta meteor cast or freeze dmg of meteor when casted and so on.
04/12/2019 09:09 PMPosted by celtic08
150 has been cleared on PTR S17 with players averaging 2800 paragon. Credit goes to LON buff, but also proves the cap is meaningless.

In marketing you have a term called market segments. Products/services are priced targeting the poor/middle class/wealthy class. Same concept needs in D3 today. We have casual, semi casual, elite players. Builds/GR capacity should be available to all player bases. GR 150 might be perceived as been available to elite player base only but its not true. GR 150 is a speed tier now. Elite players might clear 10-20 depends on RG rng and semi casuals might clear 1-3. What ever it is, the cap serves no purpose at this point other than forcing bored players to afk.

D3 player base has always been split since day 1 GR was introduced. Casuals were sitting on GR 20s when top groups were speeding GR 40s back then.

@ Nevalistis: Please look into this and study the PTR + live data. The elite player base are so bored atm. Majority of them are afk or hiding offline waiting for an more exciting content - "151+"

no thanks...why not just move on, you won the game good job, not all of us got to 150 even better did u do solo 150? didnt think so..

anyways just cause 8 ppl can do 150 dosent mean the game should be buffed at their level.......i dont want 50+ torrments and 100000000000000000%'s on my sets and repeat every 8 months. no thanks

just leave game maybe try something else if its 'easy'
For me, I think they need to focus on actual balance first and really toning down on set meta's. Fix the item problems that lock you into a set/meta that makes the game unfun to play to begin with. LoN was a step in a direction to do this, but the item system of D3 doesn't work well to not land up with a 'always on top' meta due to how damage and skill stuff is linked to items.

I'm fine with GR cap being increased after something like this happens. But for now, I don't think it helps the game any to increase the cap and just watch a set specific meta keep climbing while the rest of the game is continued to be left behind. This has been the trend since early seasons when they kept nerfing all the fun builds and support setups that allowed more classes to join in the fun and climbs.
I agree, it is stupid how easy top tier has become.
Raise it to like 175 along with gem levels to give us any reason for grind. I’m sitting with almost every gem at 150 and there’s nothing to do really except speed 140+ to grind paragon for pushing solo.
04/12/2019 09:09 PMPosted by celtic08
150 has been cleared on PTR S17 with players averaging 2800 paragon.

Yes ... and averaging 18.75 hour per day ...bots? Maybe not .... but probably playing more than 1 person per account.

Just give them their own leader board ... over 16 hours per day
04/13/2019 02:07 AMPosted by Disaster
All ya filthy casuals would be crying like mad right now if the gr cap was 75. (think about it... if you were stuck doing gr 75 over and over again how would you feel about the game...)
Greater rift 40 and greater 75 or greater rift 100, what's the difference really? More white trash and a needle in the haystack to find the elites most cases and the white trash is the hay.
04/13/2019 12:16 PMPosted by Phatty

Etc.

You can make the graduation more or less depending on how tightly you want to band people relative to accomplishments.

As it stands the multiplicative nature of the difficulty per level is turning out to be a disaster / not working because of how the power creep is in the game.

Graduated difficulty per grift will allow more forgiveness on power creep AND would allow for less pin point accuracy needed to fine tune everyone into the same power band.

Dude you are 2k para and talk as though you will have the damage to take on your suggested crazy scaling in difficulty.

I mean, if you no longer play the game that much anymore, dont raise hell on those who still play often. Your actions are purely sabotage.

Somehow you are better at farming forum post than playing the game. Post 5.5k, game 2.5k.
If all the "elite" players actually want a challenge, play the whole season with no bots, no THUD, no macros, and play only with players that do the same. I seriously doubt any of you cheater clowns are going to get their in a season. Go down the 150 clears in the cheater boards. Each 4 man group has at least one "player" with 20+ hours played a day in the season. Quit crying about raising caps when you have yet to beat 150 legitimately.
04/13/2019 05:06 PMPosted by Pokemon
04/13/2019 12:16 PMPosted by Phatty

Etc.

Dude you are 2k para and talk as though you will have the damage to take on your suggested crazy scaling in difficulty.

I mean, if you no longer play the game that much anymore, dont raise hell on those who still play often. Your actions are purely sabotage.

Somehow you are better at farming forum post than playing the game. Post 5.5k, game 2.5k.

Ad hominem much?

Are you trying to argue a point of authority logical fallacy?

You disappoint me with your toxic approach.
This thread is infuriating really. The amount of casuals disliking this guy for asking for a simple change that will impact in nothing their enjoyment of the game just because they'll never get to GR 150 anyway it's baffling to me. Seriously just go back crying for more stash tabs and a easy rewards and leave people free to request whatever they feel like.
I agree Kani, I don't understand the dislikes.

This is a problem and there are 3 basic solutions:
1) make higher grifts (adequate solution)
2) do nothing (which isn't really a solution)
3) rescale the difficulty / damage (my opinion the best solution)

The simplistic approach is of course to uncap and let for infinite scaling at 1.17^n. I don't think this deals with the root cause of the problem.

I suggested scaling this after grift 100, which would be a logistical error because people already have gems that have been gradually improved at 150. 1% upgrades anyone?

In retrospect, the best solution is probably graduated scaling higher than 1.17^n _AFTER_ grift 150 so it gives people a chance to get their gems as high. I don't like adding more levels if we don't need it. I prefer rescaling, but the gem levels would be a major problem. I did not like how they just added more torment levels without much of a thought of rescaling to current 13 levels or even resetting back to the normal 10 we had before.

This would address the problem with the power banding that occurring with the multiplicative effect of the current bonuses, which I feel is the root cause of the power creep.
It's simple logic. This game is a GR pushing leaderboard arcade. People are already easily getting to 150s now days and they add even more power to the classes able to clear 150s. What do players (not casuals) have to look forward in Season 17? 200+ people stuck at the same GR level while the best are probably speed clearing 150's in 5 min or less.
04/13/2019 06:44 PMPosted by Kani
It's simple logic. This game is a GR pushing leaderboard arcade. People are already easily getting to 150s now days and they add even more power to the classes able to clear 150s. What do players (not casuals) have to look forward in Season 17? 200+ people stuck at the same GR level while the best are probably speed clearing 150's in 5 min or less.

Blizzard has traditionally catered to the casual achieving the top end players benchmarks 2-3 seasons before.

So I agree that the cap will be everyone's problem in a matter of 1-2 seasons anyway.
I don't see what's the big deal with giving these guys more zeroes to much on. If this makes them happy, I don't get why so many have a problem with letting these guys extend their treadmill. It's not like the boards are meaningful for those of us who aren't even getting there, anyways.
04/13/2019 06:19 PMPosted by Kani
This thread is infuriating really. The amount of casuals disliking this guy for asking for a simple change

Well have you cleared 150 on this account? If you have you got carried.
And if you have it highlights what most long term players really get peeved about. That you can literally beat 150 in a 3 month cycle.

The game is so dumbed down to please a players attention span of a season cycle. If you haven't realised it, that's why there is no new content just manipulated damage numbers to create the illusion of progress.
04/13/2019 06:47 PMPosted by Phatty
Blizzard has traditionally catered to the casual achieving the top end players benchmarks 2-3 seasons before.

This

This

So I agree that the cap will be everyone's problem in a matter of 1-2 seasons anyway.

The cap is fine.

Here's the thing when the game was released Inferno was the benchmark however it was very hard to beat. Yes I did it before the nerf but not impossible. What did the devs do? Dumb it down and have done so ever since.

Lets be honest here the "ONLY" reason this has become a thing is because of the starpac wizard. What the developers would have done in the past would have either removed or changed the skill or the item associated with it.

The hypocrisy is they create a theme for destroying great builds because of "unintended" outcomes and yet the starpac has been around now for several seasons. I could list many builds gone by the wayside because of this philosophy.
04/13/2019 08:36 PMPosted by Nigel

This

The cap is fine.

Here's the thing when the game was released Inferno was the benchmark however it was very hard to beat. Yes I did it before the nerf but not impossible. What did the devs do? Dumb it down and have done so ever since.

Lets be honest here the "ONLY" reason this has become a thing is because of the starpac wizard. What the developers would have done in the past would have either removed or changed the skill or the item associated with it.

The hypocrisy is they create a theme for destroying great builds because of "unintended" outcomes and yet the starpac has been around now for several seasons. I could list many builds gone by the wayside because of this philosophy.

That is a valid point.

Another option is just nerfing the OP builds to keep the cap relevant.