@ Nevalistis GR 150+ Cap needing Raise

General Discussion
I think there is no point in that topic now. Better wait season-two when all these top tier haters reach the cap and start whining about the cap too.
04/13/2019 08:20 PMPosted by Nigel
Well have you cleared 150 on this account? If you have you got carried.

Please, stop spreading the ridiculous idea that having a good wiz = 150 ez. A good wiz is nothing with a bad barb or a bad monk. If you can clear 150, you most likely have a good understanding of game mechanics, even if you didn't bother getting 4k+p during the season.

Also, I'd like to address the fact, NO, not every 4p 150 clears were done with at least one botter in the group.
Alright boys, when others classes can trash kill 150, blizzard remove the cap.

You guys should also are aware that 2k para necro nailed certain RG witj thorns. Only thorns can finish gr 150 with peanut paras. Try other rgk builds and prolly need at least 5k with power and a good 5 minutes for boss fight.

This shows that 150 clears with low paras is gimmicky. Agree?

Thus 150 isnt always clearable yet. Thus cap should not be lifted.
04/14/2019 01:10 AMPosted by Kikaha
Also, I'd like to address the fact, NO, not every 4p 150 clears were done with at least one botter in the group.

True, i know plenty of people who keep top LBs and don't bot from principle. But with latest power creep the paragon botting is way too effective. And that's really annoying that the guys who enter the game once in the morning to sort bot's loot have higher paragon than people who spend like fulltime working hours here.
04/14/2019 02:03 AMPosted by Pokemon
Alright boys, when others classes can trash kill 150, blizzard remove the cap.

You guys should also are aware that 2k para necro nailed certain RG witj thorns. Only thorns can finish gr 150 with peanut paras. Try other rgk builds and prolly need at least 5k with power and a good 5 minutes for boss fight.

This shows that 150 clears with low paras is gimmicky. Agree?

Thus 150 isnt always clearable yet. Thus cap should not be lifted.

A group with Static Monk + Barb + Zmonk + WD rgk can not clear a GR130, so we should lower the cap to 130 .... lol ...

04/14/2019 02:12 AMPosted by Stan

True, i know plenty of people who keep top LBs and don't bot from principle. But with latest power creep the paragon botting is way too effective. And that's really annoying that the guys who enter the game once in the morning to sort bot's loot have higher paragon than people who spend like fulltime working hours here.

If you work full time, even if the bot did not exist, you can not compete with players with more time available.

You need a good group and strategy.
XP = LoN Mage
Good Group = High GRs and High Gems.

Good group + LoN XP = GG and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> INFINITO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Bot
Please, stop spreading the ridiculous idea that having a good wiz = 150 ez

The premise of this whole argument is GR 150 is to easy so players want the cap raised.
Some players whom I suggest have never cleared a GR150 are chiming in here because their like sheep and follow the flock.

Again and i will reiterate the real issue. If it was not for the starpac wizard this conversation would not be a thing. Also if the developers had stuck to their previous philosophy, starpac would be long gone.

The idea of continual power creep is just plain ridiculous and has all but turned this game into a complete joke. Increasing the GR level does not solve this problem.

Wait till this season arrives with the LON buff and you will see just how pathetic it will be. Within a week you will see 130 plus clears and that's being conservative.
04/14/2019 07:12 AMPosted by Nigel
Please, stop spreading the ridiculous idea that having a good wiz = 150 ez

The premise of this whole argument is GR 150 is to easy so players want the cap raised.
Some players whom I suggest have never cleared a GR150 are chiming in here because their like sheep and follow the flock.

Again and i will reiterate the real issue. If it was not for the starpac wizard this conversation would not be a thing. Also if the developers had stuck to their previous philosophy, starpac would be long gone.

The idea of continual power creep is just plain ridiculous and has all but turned this game into a complete joke. Increasing the GR level does not solve this problem.

Wait till this season arrives with the LON buff and you will see just how pathetic it will be. Within a week you will see 130 plus clears and that's being conservative.

Yes this is true, but what can they do about it now? People already farmed all gems to 150 and some even 150 augments. You can't really just nerf SP and make 145 max doable tier while letting people keep these higher gems & augs. Unless they'll propose some actual stat squish & reset gems, power creep is only option for them. Personally I wouldn't main this reset and statsquish but I can also imagine a lot of hate about it.
Exactly.
I never liked powercreep, but the damage is already done ... no return.
04/12/2019 09:37 PMPosted by EnkerZan
Not very many people can even reach GR150. I'd say if you can reach this solo and in a group, you pretty much win at Diablo 3.

04/12/2019 09:50 PMPosted by SuMMeR
I want see DH, WD, CRU push GR 150. All players push GR150 just one style meta. Bored!!!

My thought, if they fix GR at 150, and then eventually buff more builds to 150 cap, I believe more players will happy and lesser complains about build diversity :-)
04/14/2019 08:33 AMPosted by Hulda
Yes this is true, but what can they do about it now? People already farmed all gems to 150 and some even 150 augments.

Some players already have all their gems to 150.

04/14/2019 02:23 PMPosted by ENIAC
I never liked power creep, but the damage is already done ... no return.

So increasing the level beyond 150 does nothing to actually resolve the issue. Again its just bigger numbers.

Once a group beats say 160 it will be increased to 170 and so on. The actual game remains the same because nothing has changed. Same 4 man meta crap with no real end game. So increasing the GR level really is pointless.
They should kill the Bazooka mechanic and no need of grift 150+... -.•
04/15/2019 01:17 AMPosted by Peppe

Very hard to just simply kill this meta. Meta 150 farmers as Nigel said already have all gems at 150. The more dedicated have almost full 150 augments. When SP is killed and nothing replacing the clearance power, how is it fair for others to obtain 150 gems via 60% upgrades? Sure gems can rolled back. How do you determine which gem is from bazooka farmings which is from FB SP last meta farming 134 for 1%?

Raising cap may not fundamentally fix the stale state of this game, but at least some old friends might come back. True rejuvenation to this stale state is offering more balances to classes / items. Despite the powercreep, many sets are left with mitigation flaws that should have % defense added to sets (looking at you Raiment !!)

The meta needs to change. As dual support mains for over 4000+ hrs. I d like to see them removed / replaced by other classes even if the roles remain similar. With the state of pixel GS pull, zmk is very obsolete in meta groups and should be replaced by other classes such as zsader. However zsader doesnt offer enough healing. We struggle to clear w/o zmk past 140. We did clear 140 in 4p w/o zmk presence. If crusader healing mechanics are buffed, the healer role has more options.

There are many constructive feed backs in the discussions despite the downvotes.

What ever it is, we need changes.
04/15/2019 01:17 AMPosted by Peppe

Even without the Bazooka mechanic (I suppose you mean channeling in archon here?), regular LoN Starpact or possibly some sort of Reverse Archon Star Pact would still just crush 150.

The cap started to even be a problem in Firebird Star Pact, when you had people clearing that repeatedly in nonseason and LoN Star Pact builds are significantly stronger than the Firebird builds.

If you were to remove the Star Pact mechanic you would run into the game being super laggy with pretty much all other trashkiller because they generally deal some sort of ongoing damage instead of burst.

What really has to be said that the Status Quo is not really an option in my opinion. You see people quitting left and right because there simply is nothing to do anymore once you did your 150, there are no further challenges.

I also really do not understand why so many people seem to be so averse to changing something that does not affect them at all, but it really does affect the "elite" players.

See I also really do not care about the Puzzle Ring change, but I am not complaining that they bring that in. It is just not a mechanic for me.
Guess what. If they raise the gr cap. They will end up doing even more of a power creep so the reality of reaching the new cap will slowly be there.

D3 is in a state where they need to reduce the numbers to like 10% and rebalance the game. It got out of hand to what we have now. Run gr 1-130ish and then push groups.
Hard Core cleared gr 150 in season 16 before the ptr came out.

Clearly the cap needs to be moved to gr 200 at the very least.

Blizzard Diablo has heavily invested in power creep so do the right thing boys!
150 Has Been Clear But Only With Certain Builds. Why Not Buff Other Builds Or Character To Make A Different Play Style To Hit 150 Since The Meta Now Is Always The Same.
04/15/2019 06:03 AMPosted by Give
I also really do not understand why so many people seem to be so averse to changing something that does not affect them at all, but it really does affect the "elite" players.

In a nutshell.... when someone in the meta with loads of 150 clears and tons of 150 gems builds a WD and in 5 hours of playtime, gets a rank 1 on the WD LB --that will tend to piss off the rest of us WDs that soldier on knowing that we will never get in a meta group, or solo a 150.

Do you get it now?
they deffo need to raise the cap so there is no limit gives you an idea on how far people can really go test skills and map layouts GR150 at this point is a pure joke its like doing T13 in 7mins
every build there is to do with starpac has cleared 150

so why not just bring every other class upto the same damage range also bring back some old builds like the crusader healer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SHvI_nA6Gg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNSFSg6sQe8

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/4le8ro/gr120_1338_eu_1_ns_with_crusader/

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/80761-2-4-1-heal-crusader-gr120

alows us to use more class's in meta :D
I'm not really sure why people think someone needs to clear 150 to render an opinion on this. Clear appeal to authority logical fallacy there.

The concept of capped progression isn't something new and has been addressed in the past.

The game was supposed to have infinite grifts and endless progression as a fix to paragon 1.0.
04/14/2019 07:02 PMPosted by Nigel
04/14/2019 08:33 AMPosted by Hulda
Yes this is true, but what can they do about it now? People already farmed all gems to 150 and some even 150 augments.

Some players already have all their gems to 150.

04/14/2019 02:23 PMPosted by ENIAC
I never liked power creep, but the damage is already done ... no return.

So increasing the level beyond 150 does nothing to actually resolve the issue. Again its just bigger numbers.

Once a group beats say 160 it will be increased to 170 and so on. The actual game remains the same because nothing has changed. Same 4 man meta crap with no real end game. So increasing the GR level really is pointless.

What is a leaderboard for you?
I think some here are forgetting that this is exactly numbers .... If you do not like it okay, but many like it and do not think it useless .. And yes for these players would "solve". Surely Blizzard will not implement anything new to this game, so your suggestion is that it does absolutely nothing because unlocking the cap is "useless" to YOU?