Season of:

General Discussion
I've seen a few posts about what they think the next season should be THEMED. . . There hasn't been very good ideas to say the least. One of them had a single use mechanic... yea. ok. so you do that 1 thing and your done for months. LOL.
There's also been plenty of QOL suggestions also.

I have a few ideas for what theme the season could be myself, all of which is pointless because D3 wouldn't do it even if it was a good idea, they didn't come up with it so, NO. lol.

Season 17: Season of Shadow. Every time you kill a Rift Guardian a clone of you is spawned. Like in the fight against Diablo. In team games its the player that gets the killing blow.

Season of Chaos: Every monster kill has a 1% chance to spawn an elite pack instead of Legendary item.
And there still hasn't been any very good ideas. To say the least.
And your ideas suck just as much.
Season of Botter Bans:

Every rift completed generates a 0.0000000000000000000000001% chance that Blizzard will ban a botter.
How about Season of Hot Forge?
Give everyone Furnace and open up a weapon slot.
03/12/2019 04:45 PMPosted by IamLegion
I've seen a few posts about what they think the next season should be THEMED. . . There hasn't been very good ideas to say the least. One of them had a single use mechanic... yea. ok. so you do that 1 thing and your done for months. LOL.
There's also been plenty of QOL suggestions also.

I have a few ideas for what theme the season could be myself, all of which is pointless because D3 wouldn't do it even if it was a good idea, they didn't come up with it so, NO. lol.

Season 17: Season of Shadow. Every time you kill a Rift Guardian a clone of you is spawned. Like in the fight against Diablo. In team games its the player that gets the killing blow.

Season of Chaos: Every monster kill has a 1% chance to spawn an elite pack instead of Legendary item.

Torchlight 2 has something like the chaos suggestion. In the games elite mode rare and unique mobs can spawn 2 copies when killed. Can only happen once, but each new mob drop gear like any other so you are rewarded for the extra effort.

Imagine a rare pack and each one creates two clones when killed.

That could even extend to gr bosses. This idea could be unpopular too lol.

Or here's another one for poops and giggles.
For the season you have, let's say .x% chance on hit to spawn a random boss level mob or story boss.
03/12/2019 06:32 PMPosted by Tetra
Season of Botter Bans:

Every rift completed generates a 0.0000000000000000000000001% chance that Blizzard will ban a botter.

This already was/is the season theme for Season 7 to 16 so far.

You don't even have to say 0.000000000001% either. You can just use the gem upgrade percentage formula and say 60% with the same result.
03/12/2019 08:10 PMPosted by yessquire
How about Season of Hot Forge?

I read this as "Season of Hot Fudge", then I had to go buy a banana split.
Season of Botter Bans:

Are you aware that this is unlikely to trigger once during the expected lifetime of our universe?

Understanding the value of significant figures is important when discussing numbers.
I don't have a name for it but how about a season where we get to select a 4th item from the cube (any item). That might make for some interesting builds.
03/14/2019 12:22 PMPosted by Stinkyfinger
Season of Botter Bans:

Are you aware that this is unlikely to trigger once during the expected lifetime of our universe?

Understanding the value of significant figures is important when discussing numbers.

Knowing how Blizzard operates I still think this would proc too often.
03/14/2019 12:22 PMPosted by Stinkyfinger
Season of Botter Bans:

I think that was his/her point

Understanding humor and sarcasm is important when discussing anything socially
Season of: More Monsters in the Shrouded Moors For Cryin' Out Loud
what about…. seasonal item that transfer to non season after?? something like a anihilus charm in d2 !!! It was so much hype when diablo walked the earth…. use the soj again!!! just make it really random not ip based!!

i know its not the most popular idea , but even themed rorg or furnace seasons isnt super fun !!! its cool and a good change but i would love to see this type of season !!

of course you cannot make 28 seasons like that ( if we take the example of annihilus charm it would get out of hand having 28 types of charm that boost you ) but you could do one season for exp , one for defense , one for gold(ok gold no one really care but you understand ) one damage % they would transfer to non seasons !!
season are 3-4 month long so if you have 8 small charm that could give 2 years of seasons themed if needed !!
Okay, the free RORG allowed for some decent builds season 16

Season 17 safe item themes: Leorics Crown, Zodiac Ring, Nemesis Braces (so many ruined pub grifts would go better)

Unknown: Full set bonus effects for wearing any single piece of craft-able Non-Class gear (1 Hallowed, Cains, Sage's, Asheara's, Captain's, Demon's, Born's). They're never used anyway, most are crap. But the few extra stats (CDR, etc) could make a difference. Like a 5th stat line on gloves, could save weeks off grinding gear, or farm DB without needing even more gear.

Debatable: Consume a gem to add a global effect for Grift runs (single use, gem destroyed)
The season of the Journey. Where they make the process of getting to end game gear a loot finding journey that has us excited each time items drop. Where it will take about 3 weeks to get to end game grind gear, and we will have hundreds of little best in slot drops that we actually enjoy along the way. A loot finding game instead of being handed the grind within a couple of hours of starting.

I think finding loot is supposed to be what this game is about. Or am I wrong?