D3 scan&repair option

General Discussion
chk this out folks. every time i run the [ scan&repair] option in D3 game. it always adds a 24.64mb or 1.7 mb patch. after its patched. i can try again to S&R and it does the same thing. over&over. game seems to run fine. had a few freinds chk it out. same thing. just wondering. any ideas??
Why are you using the tool to fix and repair D3 if there is nothing to fix?

Sure its downloading something, part of its troubleshooting. Perfectly normal. I'm just baffled why you are questioning this?

Keep in mind, its not adding those to the game install every time. Its just part of the scan and repair function. Why the different sizes each time? That I can't answer, outside of the game knowing that you have run a scan before, so it may have two different scan levels or something.

Point is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Game on.
They forget to change some checksums for some files for verification process. It keeps thinking that some files are corrupted and need to be replaced.
No wonders after sequences of their fiasco with turning of season buff after extending the season, broken conquests every second season, Wirt's leg not given you star map again year later.
This is a legendary "Blizzard's quality" or at least what's left from it.
DTM thks for the info. i was just wondering. will take your advice. game on.
my guess is there's a file it uses to keep track of all of this and every time you scan and repair it is filling out a report saying what is found that was broken or needed repairing or what is all working properly.
03/15/2019 01:32 PMPosted by jmj
every time i run the [ scan&repair] option in D3 game. it always adds a 24.64mb or 1.7 mb patch. after its patched. i can try again to S&R and it does the same thing. over&over.
When you finish Scan and Repair are you closing the Blizzard Battle.net App and restarting it?

Also, my Battle.net App has updated twice today. That might be part of what you're seeing.

(Just guessing)