Unsocketed weapon accidentally help pls

General Discussion
My friend gave me a necromancer shield which boosted damage to 2.5bil but I accidentally unsocketed it and now my damage is sitting at 1.5bill. I put the same gems back in it (I think) but my damage still won't go back to what it was, help pls!
My best guess at unpicking this is that you re-rolled something important on your shield, such as 10% Critical Hit Chance, into a socket. No matter what gem you put into the shield (such as a Topaz) it won't be worth as much as the 10% CHC you lost.
So is there any way of getting it back?
03/18/2019 04:05 AMPosted by Valac
So is there any way of getting it back?

I'm still unclear as to exactly what you've actually done to your shield.
The thread title says you've "unsocketed" a weapon.
The thread body says you've "unsocketed" a shield.

What did you actually do to your shield? If you re-rolled an affix at the Mystic, you can just keep re-rolling it to get back to the original affix. If this wasn't something you did at the Mystic, can you tell us exactly what you've done?
Also please be clear if you are talking about an edited item on console version or playing on PC.
I'm playing on Ps4, all I did was remove the gems from my shield at the gem guy
03/18/2019 04:22 AMPosted by Valac
I'm playing on Ps4, all I did was remove the gems from my shield at the gem guy

Shields are only supposed to have a maximum of one socket. If you actually mean you removed multiple gems from a shield that means the shield is a hacked item and I have no idea how to fix it.
May be you didn't socket them all back. If anything ask your friend about what to do.
03/18/2019 04:38 AMPosted by naksiloth
May be you didn't socket them all back.

This misses the point that shields aren't supposed to have more than one socket, i.e. it's not supposed to be possible to put more than one gem into a shield.
There's a forum for consoles
Hax.
2.5 Billion, now has 1.5 Billion. *looks over at his DH which has 3.1 Million.

Yeah. Consoles suck.

Game on.
If all you did was remove the gem just put it back in. You keep saying gems though, plural and you have no profile so maybe you were cheating and got banned? No way any one gem removed from a shield makes you lose 1 bil power...