Torment 20 please

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
More torments aren't needed and have almost zero % chance of being added.
03/16/2019 12:25 PMPosted by Rodnetard
May I ask why?

May be because I'm grumpy and I assume this approach will lead us to another Set power buff or additional scales where powergap becomes larger?
03/16/2019 12:25 PMPosted by Kirottu
GR75 level being the highest difficulty might not be bad idea, not too high for speedfarming while providing little bit more challenge.

However, one matter doesn't change. The number of difficulty levels must be reduced. 17 is wayyyyy too many.

Thank you :D

Until level 70 they are locked. That is 10 Torment levels for 70 and below. That leaves 7 for past 70. Once a player acquires any full set at 70 they are T10-T13. Once they acquire all their needed items T13 and its possibly a challenge at first but that fades quickly. Once Augs are applied its just a thing we do for mats and keys.

All builds will destroy T13 it wouldn't be bad as people will just push into the last few levels easily.

Coming from a WW Barb I could do T16 geared out easily. WW umm lacks..
03/16/2019 12:26 PMPosted by naksiloth
May be because I'm grumpy and I assume this approach will lead us to another Set power buff or additional scales where powergap becomes larger?

Hope not. But I'm all for solo balance 0.0.1 lol
03/16/2019 11:00 AMPosted by Kirottu
Currently there are 17 difficulty levels in total. That's way too many already and you're asking for more?
Jesus! Learn to read. Ten. He wants 10.
03/16/2019 12:33 PMPosted by Rodnetard
Once a player acquires any full set at 70 they are T10-T13.
There is the problem. Go out into T13, or even T10 without the 6th piece set bonus, and it's impossible to kill anything. And you better not get hit.

I've managed to do a T10 Rifts without any set items, but that's with a DH, and I think there might be a single combination of skills and gear that will do it for that class...
To: not the OP (because I'm all for it)

You can reply all day on why this (or some variation of this type of thread) shouldn't be implemented but it will always be illogical to me for an ARPG. Difficulty should always scale to some degree variance of the current state of Challenge vs Gear Capability.

Sure they perhaps shouldn't make a Torment level that is so hard no one could play on it (just think of the forum posts and having to deal with that; especially this "community") but currently it is so ludicrously low (easy) it's the same thing in reverse.
03/16/2019 02:07 PMPosted by McCloud
Difficulty should always scale to some degree variance of the current state of Challenge vs Gear Capability.

This only applies when you come up with a different model where standard difficulty scale can be another endgame type with additional difficulty, mechanics or rewards. Until then, there's always question of "time" at that equation of yours when farming efficiency is the only thing that mattered.
Game may look like it's made for solo only, but efficiency only ensured by group play because of saturated difficulty, where people entitled to play at the highest difficulty for efficiency at farming. Until another layer of reward, mechanics or challenges (and no, equipping Goldwrap in GR120 difficulty to facetank everything is not a challenge) added to the game, it will stay that way. You all skip that part about the difficulty scales.
If, say, T5 was the new T13 for difficulty sake and has the exact same rewards (materials, exp, gold%, etc) of what it is exactly right now THEN for *your efficiency* sake you could play on T5. It would be exactly the same.
03/16/2019 02:40 PMPosted by McCloud
If, say, T5 was the new T13 for difficulty sake and has the exact same rewards (materials, exp, gold%, etc) of what it is exactly right now THEN for *your efficiency* sake you could play on T5. It would be exactly the same.

Weak. That's only one aspect of the situation when time efficiency is still there, concern of group play (solo GR requirement) is still there.
Powercreep created this saturation in difficulty scale. If people can get rewarded (experience) by pushing higher scales then it will be always about farming highest benefit. That's why I ask for additional mechanics or challenges (without the ways of being nigh indestructible) if you want this sorta endgame model to apply.
All I know is it would be nice to do bounties and NR's that don't put me to sleep. Some characters I can just run through areas, do NOTHING, and everything dies. Yeah that's fun.

All I hear in these debates no matter "the points" being made is "but... but... but what if I can't do the highest difficulty? What about me?! What about ME?! !!!!! Whhhhaaaaaat aaaaabout MEEEEEEEEE?!!!!!!"

Pffft, Goldwrap. Just put a Cap Max on it. Fixed.
03/16/2019 03:05 PMPosted by McCloud
All I know is it would be nice to do bounties and NR's that don't put me to sleep.

Try Greater Rifts. What about that? What?... If you still fall a sleep then it's time to give a break.
Why not better difficulty all around in all modes of gameplay? <- Or that. What would it hurt?
03/16/2019 11:06 AMPosted by FusRoDah
03/16/2019 10:29 AMPosted by Eirhead
T13 is just way too easy. I don't mind the gradual power creep the way the gear is continually tweaked, but I feel the game would be better if it was kept a bit more challenging outside of Greater Rifts.

Not that T20 would really be THAT challenging. That would be equivalent to GR95? It's just a really painstaking experience grinding mats at T13 I find. Running bounties 20 times in a row, just to burn all those mats in 40 quick re-rolls of an item you're trying to upgrade.

Or alternatively. Since player segregation might become a bit of an issue. We could redo the torments. Re-number T1-11 to T1-7, then change T13 to T8, GR80 equivalent to T9, and GR100 equivalent to T10.

The new higher difficulty torments would drop more mats across the board of course. But rather than dropping more legendary and set items, they could just adjust the ancient and primal drop rates. In the GR80 torment, make ancients 1 in 15 and primals 1 in 300... then in the GR100, ancients 1 in 10, and primals 1 in 200.

Forgotten souls would come a little bit quicker just because the quality of the items would be a bit better. Additionally it accelerates the rate at which you can continue to gear when you're at that point where every item is augmented and you're just kinda hoping for better rolls on a few certain pieces.
Seriously go play the harder gr rifts at some point the gear is supposed to make max torment easy.

you are not wrong but it is not the point and it is not helping
Remember that Torment was the hardest in the game??

And you all know that this is not a pvp but pve and at Blizz they only buff stuff to balance out the classes never nerves (plz dont name the exceptions :P )

What the OP ask is the only way Blizz will balance this game. And they will bcz T13 is WAY to EASY whit all the set buffs..
Welcome back to D3 Travis! Got tired of attempting to add more difficulties to Anthem?

That really seems to be your solution to everything, add more meaningless arbitrary difficulties......
03/16/2019 04:24 PMPosted by KiWeN
Welcome back to D3 Travis! Got tired of attempting to add more difficulties to Anthem?

That really seems to be your solution to everything, add more meaningless arbitrary difficulties......

??? and

???
PMPosted by McCloud
All I know is it would be nice to do bounties and NR's that don't put me to sleep.

Try Greater Rifts. What about that? What?... If you still fall a sleep then it's time to give a break.

People would love not to need to do anything outside of GRs to be possible, but it isn't. When people can run 100+ GRs it makes for some intensely boring game play during other required aspects like regular Rifts.

I like GRs for the challenge and the mats. Why cant there be a challenge and bonus mats outside of GRs? Why would players not want double the Legendary Drops outside of GRs? Or Extra Horadric Cache Mats? Or gold and the Exp that comes along with it?

Even for Solo play it would be a huge quality of life improvement not having to run so many rifts and bounties which take much longer solo.

https://imgur.com/dwXptnC
https://imgur.com/6pfJUWz
Some just want more of a challenge without having to run GRs. That is they don't like GRs. Keep it simple by rescaling Torment levels. Remove T11, T12, T13.
T1 = GR10
T2 = GR20
T3 = GR30

T10 = GR100
Applies to running Nephalem rifts, bounties, Ubers, special events, or whatever. GRs being independent of game difficulty. Quite a few can faceroll GR90 and GR100. Apply solo GR requirement when joining public T5 - T10. Level 1 characters create up to T4. Drop rates increase somewhat T7-T10. For example (GR keys = T6 2-3; T7 3; T8 3-4; T9 4; T10 5). Similar to what's featured in
Diablo 3 Difficulty Overview … http://d3resource.com/difficulties/
03/14/2019 01:22 AMPosted by naksiloth
Also I see nothing challenging about donning a Goldwrap and standing infront of GR100 scale monsters either. Why is it a good idea again?
Makes no difference if wear Goldwrap or not; it's all about speed and efficiency as you already stated in "A Quick Word from Blizzard" thread. Ubers don't drop game gold. Solo GR requirement.