Torment 20 please

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
It sounds like you just want more materials to drop faster in a larger quanitity, not higher T levels. But I also agree with you, there should be a better farming method players can focus on so that we can get more materials when we want them, possible highter T levels has its pros and cons.
Torment 20 please

this is a progressive aRPG for ALL players, starters included
-Torment is just a fine mini-ladder for casuals and starters
-upping Torment is only laying a parallel path with Grifts
-tweaking Torment levels is the last thing to choose to improve D3
03/16/2019 07:43 PMPosted by RUNtoFUN
Torment 20 please

this is a progressive aRPG for ALL players, starters included
-Torment is just a fine mini-ladder for casuals and starters
-upping Torment is only laying a parallel path with Grifts
-tweaking Torment levels is the last thing to choose to improve D3

Great. You.

What's with your writing style anyways? Is it to double the annoyance?
03/16/2019 07:48 PMPosted by McCloud
Great. You.

let's compare:
-i post a opinion, with gentile elaboration.
-you post a personal troll attack, without any sane content.
Ok here's some sane content for you or anyone that does not want better (broader/higher/etc) difficulty scaling for the majority of gameplay (the basis of why the game was made and Adventure mode added):

Play T10. No, really you should play T10... actually it's mandatory by your standards because those 3 levels were added after we had T10.

By not playing T10 you do not stand behind any of you reasoning of why we shouldn't have more (better/higher/whatever etc.) difficulty scaling.

Here's another way to look at it: if they [the devs] so happened to rescale the difficulty to whatever it may be, or simply added more Torment scaling in increments of 5 GR's [equivalency] would you play on a higher/better difficulty?

You would.
03/16/2019 04:28 PMPosted by FMR
??? and

???

Travis Day, senior game designer in D3:RoS. Possibly all this 17 difficulty layers and 150-255 Greater Rift tiers is his creation. D3 vanilla majorly designed by Wyatt and Jay at the game director chair; so it makes sense when directors changed, Josh listened to Travis for Reaper of Souls.

03/16/2019 06:53 PMPosted by SilverFox
Makes no difference if wear Goldwrap or not;

I think you're confused. Indeed bounties and nephalem rifts drop gold still. Last time I checked at least. I stated that forcing player to wear Goldwrap won't give you any sort of challenge in GR100 difficulty bounties, especially when your damage is weaksauce before augmenting it.
Also to unlock a new Torment difficulty layer like T20 you have to have hit a certain amount of paragon levels, T13 requires plvl 400 what does it take to unlock T20 then? 700-1000? Warzechian and Goldwrap will be staple while you simply kill speedfarm builds and slow down Seasonal progress.

Greater Rifts are a linear corridor for 15 mins but you still have to visit 25 quests in a bounty run. A solo T13 bounty session takes 40 min average, group takes 20-22 mins. Let's say you can skip away all in bounties and rush forward to objective, what did changed compare to a T13 bounty session?
Also you still have to kill monsters in quests still and clear Cursed Chests and kill elites for DB drops; if your damage loss would take you 1 minute longer than average for each quest completion, you're looking at an additional 25 mins. Let's be generous and say 30 seconds more at average, this is still 12 mins late. If you wanna play it, no need to guess you'll be giving away mobility to deal damage and play push builds only.
You still have to kill enemies in nephalem rifts to summon Rift Guardian; people sweep it clear in 2-6 mins for rinse and repeat, how long will it take in GR100 scale? A high end build will clear it in 5 mins, a decent build it will take 10 mins, a mediocre build will spend more than 15 mins.

Time increase is okay with you? May be you shouldn't stick to a chair whole day. People have jobs and work to do throughout the day and what are you asking is simply killing casual play and increasing the gap between playerbases with different dedication levels. Standard farm difficulties are for rinse and repeat, they are not supposed to go parallel with endgame models which they aren't intended to be.
What about random disconnections? Let's say it takes you an hour to clear a solo run and you got a disconnect in the middle of it. Your loss is marginally greater, you just wasted half hour of your life for no result.

You people are confused. All these changes you ask for only slow entire seasonal play down and will get rid of any casual play. Asking for another layer simply tips this thing over.
This is like the umpteenth time this thing discussed and general consensus was negative. What I wrote here ain't different than what I wrote at previous threads. Still every once in month a few trolls or someone obsessed enough appears and you follow his view blindly.
Result is 40+ post long troll threads where people ask clueless questions without thinking and insults when given why it shouldn't happen.

For standard difficulty to pose as an endgame, the difficulty scale shouldn't add more layer but overhaul it with different rewards and mechanics. Experience gain is the main motivator here, let along linearly scaling rewards. There are more than one problem that you need to address before adding another layer to that pancake tower.
No ty. Keep things where they are for the speed farming.
It's not faster to end game that we want. End game shouldn't change. But getting there should be minute upgrades with multiple loot changes in slot progressing more and more, enjoying loot drops, actually checking loot to see if it's an upgrade best in slot. It should be 2 weeks of working our way up with hundreds of drops making us do happy dances along the way. A season journey not a hop skip and a jump thanks to 3 items and a set.

To do that they need to cut damage and damage reduction modifiers by about 10 times. Move the decimal place. But GRs will need to have moster health and damage reduced by 10 times so people won't complain. But GR drop rates need to be nerfed too. 1-70 XP bneeds to be nerfed to be 4 times longer and maby increase the 1-69 lvl items drop rates.

That way end game will not change. It will be exactly the same. But it will take about 4 times longer to get there. It will actually be a journey where we enjoy the buzz of loot dropping again.

Problem is, many people want 1-70 in 5 minutes, then a headrig's given an augmented ancient end game GR 110+ ready set 5 minutes after they get to 70. And anything that makes that time to get to grind longer, is unthinkable and they will fire up with great vengeance to attack anyone suggesting that this should be a loot finding game.
03/16/2019 11:30 PMPosted by naksiloth
Let's say it takes you an hour to clear a solo run and you got a disconnect in the middle of it. Your loss is marginally greater, you just wasted half hour of your life for no result.

First. The lost during a disconnect is always going to be a loss. A loss in a higher more rewarding Torment will be greater. That doesn't mean we should all turn it down 10 levels in case of a disconnect. The gain all other times makes up for the loss as it does in Torment 13 or what we are playing in the moment.

Second if a player is taking an hour to do Bounties and 15-20 minutes for a Rift then "they" the player need to make the decision of what is more beneficial for themselves. Going down a level for the speed or staying where they are for the challenge.

In solo play a player can play how they like without the concern of holding others back or getting booted from the group.

The last thing that should be done is a rework of the Torments and their maths/rewards. If it is indeed too many torments for people to handle then we as the player base are better off just saying "ok everyone only play ODD# Torments". Half gone without a thing being questionably "improved" or "fixed" by Blizz. But people will still play all Torments for the rewards (almost like we like the rewards and the choice).
03/16/2019 03:07 PMPosted by naksiloth
03/16/2019 03:05 PMPosted by McCloud
All I know is it would be nice to do bounties and NR's that don't put me to sleep.

Try Greater Rifts. What about that? What?... If you still fall a sleep then it's time to give a break.

And I bought the game when it first released and there was no GR, there wasn't even GR when RoS was released and the game was difficult for me at least.
Now because of people like you that obviously only turned up after GR turned up and turned difficulty into a joke and the only reason to play is to do GR and nothing else and Game difficulty is only there for speed runs have ruined the game by making it ridiculously easy on T13 for those of us that didn't buy the game to do GR
Blizzard would of been better off if they made a new game that just did GR for people like you instead of ruining it for those that were here at the beginning and didn't buy the game just to do GR
Before GR and Paragons this game was difficult, now it's a train wreck and the only thing most people here are interested in is doing a GR 150 in under a minute and when you get to that stage you will want GR to go higher because GR 150 is now too easy
You people are confused. All these changes you ask for only slow entire seasonal play down and will get rid of any casual play.

Still every once in month a few trolls or someone obsessed enough appears and you follow his view blindly.

Play Diablo3 (being a game) the way you choose. QoL requests have been posted repeatedly. Empty games? Playing highest difficulty isn't required. Fun vs time vs efficiency. Idea (rescaling difficulties) presented was just that -- an idea. If you don't like or can't appreciate, that is ok. It is a matter of perspective.
03/17/2019 06:54 AMPosted by Steve
Before GR and Paragons this game was difficult, now it's a train wreck and the only thing most people here are interested in is doing a GR 150 in under a minute and when you get to that stage you will want GR to go higher because GR 150 is now too easy

I don't think most of us plan on doing a 150 any time soon. A minute will need some very serious buffs so back down to reality for a moment.

Before GR and Paragons the game was a wreck. There was no end game. This post is not about increasing GRs above 150 but increasing Torments for those who are looking for a challenge and an accompanying reward. The title is "Torment 20 Please" not "Bring back the Vanilla Turd".

If you didn't buy the game to do GRs what is it that you do today in D3? Waiting for Immortal i suppose.

Something I put together to have actual potential direction rather than ideas blowing in the wind.

https://imgur.com/dwXptnC
https://imgur.com/6pfJUWz

I could scale it to T20 but I will leave that to the OP.
The entire point of a game is for there to be challenge, accomplishment, reward. Why have none for the BASE game? By paragon 50 - 100 (max) everyone will be on T13 and there's some challenge, by 150 it's a breeze, by 200 it's a joke. And if this is not your progression then you simply are unaware of the Cube's pages' 3 & 4.

And please stop with "just do GR's."
03/17/2019 01:55 AMPosted by MerLock
No ty. Keep things where they are for the speed farming.

Speedfarm on the new theoretical T5. It offers the exact same rewards as todays' T13 in gold, exp, drops, materials. It would be exactly the same in every aspect.

The biggest benefit to doing this is that there [theoretically] would be many people on multiple difficulties too instead of the entire playerbase all on the highest tier of difficulty.
03/17/2019 07:14 AMPosted by McCloud
Speedfarm on the new theoretical T5. It offers the exact same rewards as todays' T13 in gold, exp, drops, materials. It would be exactly the same in every aspect.

The biggest benefit to doing this is that there [theoretically] would be many people on multiple difficulties too instead of the entire playerbase all on the highest tier of difficulty.

Like I said.

03/17/2019 06:34 AMPosted by Rodnetard
If it is indeed too many torments for people to handle then we as the player base are better off just saying "ok everyone only play ODD# Torments". Half gone without a thing being questionably "improved" or "fixed" by Blizz.

Also I seem to have no problems finding people on any Torment. Just make a game, go in and look at your gear, clean up your stash, combine some gems and people will join while you are doing stuff.
03/17/2019 07:08 AMPosted by McCloud
The entire point of a game is for there to be challenge, accomplishment, reward. Why have none for the BASE game? By paragon 50 - 100 (max) everyone will be on T13 and there's some challenge, by 150 it's a breeze, by 200 it's a joke. And if this is not your progression then you simply are unaware of the Cube's pages' 3 & 4.

And please stop with "just do GR's."

How 'bout we stop with "we need more challenge" too. The challenge is in Greater Rifts. Everything else in the game is to make GR rift progression possible. It is also about being able to farm the highest difficulty.

But guess what, the highest difficulty is in Greater Rifts. And guess what, people farm that as well.

So please stop asking for "up the Torment levels" when you actually mean, "Get rid of Greater Rifts". Which isn't a terrible idea but then you just get to end game being run bounties and rifts at your highest difficulty. And we're back to Pre-RoS and right after RoS was released but before Greater Rifts were a thing.
03/17/2019 07:24 AMPosted by Idolis
How 'bout we stop with "we need more challenge" too.

But why? It wouldn't affect your style of play, how you view the efficiency of 'speedruns' or anything detrimental to how you--you specifically--play the game because you could play on a difficulty that is exactly the same as we have now, currently.

Really by the logic being brought up in opposition of this form of change then you and everyone like you with the same viewpoints should actually be playing on T10... right now, and always. It's mandatory based on your premise because they did indeed, at a later date after offering T1 through T10, expand to T13.

So go play only on T10.
So please stop asking for "up the Torment levels" when you actually mean, "Get rid of Greater Rifts". Which isn't a terrible idea but then you just get to end game being run bounties and rifts at your highest difficulty. And we're back to Pre-RoS and right after RoS was released but before Greater Rifts were a thing.

I missed where McCloud suggested getting rid of GRs? And it is a terrible idea, that you then say isn't a terrible idea? Pre-RoS was a terrible time for D3. I am fairly sure when he says up the Torments he means up the Torments not bring back a half finished launch title.

How 'bout we stop with "we need more challenge" too. The challenge is in Greater Rifts. Everything else in the game is to make GR rift progression possible. It is also about being able to farm the highest difficulty.

It is a certainty that T16 could be farmed all the same as T13 in the way T13 can be farmed the same as T10.
03/17/2019 07:32 AMPosted by McCloud
Really by the logic being brought up in opposition of this form of change then you and everyone like you with the same viewpoints should actually be playing on T10... right now, and always. It's mandatory based on your premise because they did indeed, at a later date after offering T1 through T10, expand to T13.So go play only on T10.

That's my frickin' point!

You want higher Torments because you don't want to play Greater Rifts. I would actually love to play T6 and find challenge or whatever. All that needs to be done is a stat squish, which is basically what you're asking for but because you love the huge numbers and let's just up the Torments.

I'd respect your argument if you actually asked for what you mean to ask for instead of going a round about way of getting the same thing.