Torment 20 please

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
I don't think the OP is trolling hard enough.

10: start Sarcasm.exe

They should give us torments up to 100, but give all sets +999999999% damage bonuses on the 2 pc set bonus, with an exponential buff of 100000 to your total damage if you get the 6pc, plus have the 6 pc bonuses drop 100x all materials for every monster you kill.

This way the game is seems harder without making it harder and gives more materials so you can work at getting the same gear with bigger numbers so nothing has really changed besides numbers. Farming builds can still speed farm Torment 100 this way as well so they get the bonus mats on top of the x100 multiplier from a 6pc set so you have to run less bounties. Also, it will make it so all players can complete GR 150 with ease. If some 4 man meta group can finish it struggling and carefully planning builds, I the casul skum should be able to walk in, click a button and win. It's only fair.

30: /sarcasm.exe

On a serious notes, we don't need more difficulties to spread the already thinning playerbase over. What we need is for Blizzard to actually care about Diablo 3 enough to want to fix the many glaring issues. But we know they don't care at this point, they want us to focus on loot boxes.
03/18/2019 09:20 AMPosted by Pereg
03/18/2019 04:10 AMPosted by Idolis
Just think about this for a second.

Folks are saying they don't want to feel nerfed if there was a stat squish. I can understand.

But raising the Torment level nerfs build too. It nerfs speed focused builds for farming the highest difficulty. It also nerf's LoN builds that won't do 150 or even 100 but they're fun farming the highest difficulty outside of GRifts.

You folks don't want to feel nerfed? I don't want to either. My LoN Multi-shot build can run Torment 13 through GRifts 80+ pretty handily but no further. My UE Multishot can much much higher but it slower because I have to worry about discipline.

I enjoy wrecking the highest difficulty but can not and will not be able without a buff if the difficulty is raised. That's equivalent to a nerf of my build. And there are lots and lots of folks that since the buff to LoN that are experimenting with LoN.

I don't quite understand this mindset that you HAVE to farm at the highest difficulty level. There are more public games at t10 than t13. More people choosing to farm at a lower difficulty. I've been in many many t10 public games where players didn't need to be.

I get it at some degree. My horsesader can barely farm t13, and no way would be able to at any higher difficulty. But then again why does he need to?

When S1 started we had t6. Add power creep then get t10, add power creep, then get t13. More and more power creep. So you can't say max level farming is designed to be trivial, else they would have left it at t6. But they had a messy design problem with powercreep add, and now they just decide to leave it.

The problems I see are public games are too fast to even loot anything. I'm in <2 min games plenty of times. No difficulty on big open maps. GR's are small subset of maps, that are less interesting. The xp bonus of gr's is out of whack with torments.

Best thing to do is revamp/consolidate torment levels so more levels are relevant for public games. Maybe add a couple difficulties above that, but only increase XP% and not mats/gold, so that people don't feel inferior on speed builds to farm mats at lower than max difficulty. And also so that torment XP is more inline with GR's.

I can see what you're saying. And it sounds cool but until everyone that wants higher difficulties "for the challenge" agree that mats, experience, gold, what have you, stays the same at T13 through T20 or whatever then I say it isn't about the "challenge" after all and it's about the mats, experience, gold, what have you.

If I can run T13 and not get the same as someone running T20, then like I said it is equivalent to nerfing my build which I geared to run T13, the highest difficulty outside of GRifts. If the highest difficulty goes up but I don't get a buff to compensate then it's the same as nerfing my build.
Equality of Outcome. It's such a dastardly rational... in all fairness, of course.
03/18/2019 04:10 AMPosted by Idolis
It nerfs speed focused builds for farming the highest difficulty.

The highest difficulty shouldn't be able to be speedfarmed.

There's already a farming difficulty; T13. I'd like a challenge difficulty in addition. That's all.
03/18/2019 04:35 PMPosted by Ryoko
The highest difficulty shouldn't be able to be speedfarmed.

There's already a farming difficulty; T13. I'd like a challenge difficulty in addition. That's all.

I concur.

T1 should be adjusted from GR10 down to GR 9. Then add a Torment for every GR level and cap all the way up to T140 can be like a GR 150 perhaps.

Or perhaps we should just keep Normal and T13 so players can enjoy the 1-70 process more fully.

Or add T14-T16 and let players choose how they would like to play but with the new choice offering of cake.

Which one of the 3 sounds better?
what if we can choose the level of the normal rift? when you open choose level 150 normal rift, i.e. or more... without the clock it has in grs. and it increase the drops and exp... they can made a rank for normal rifts, who complete the highest level without time counting...
03/18/2019 06:07 PMPosted by Digox
what if we can choose the level of the normal rift? when you open choose level 150 normal rift, i.e. or more... without the clock it has in grs. and it increase the drops and exp... they can made a rank for normal rifts, who complete the highest level without time counting...

No, we need more challenge outside of rifts.
This might satisfy some of you...

1) put more open maps in Grifts.
2) add a random event in GRift via a cursed Chest like you see in some areas like Old Tristram, where clicking it causes Skeleton King to pop. There's one in battlefields in act 3 that spawns Ghom and there's one in Act 2 I think that spawns Zultan Kulle.

Anyway, like those, these chest spawn a Rift Guardian of one of those 3 mobs. Maybe you could get a half or quarter of the progress of the rift from these chests and when you defeat the second Rift Guardian and hit Orek extra experience is granted for killing the first one.

3) Random Grifts will spawn three Grift Guardians (we'll call these Uber Grifts). In addition to the normal loot from these Guardians, you receive Hellfire Amulet pieces whose number varies for every ten levels beyond 60. They also drop 20 of each bounty mat each 60 of each in total. And of course, extra experience when Orek is spoken to. (edit: I should say, that killing one of these Grift Guardians stops the timer as if you had finished the Grift. Giving you all the time you need to kill the other two.

4) Maby another sort of Cursed Chest will spawn 3 elite packs that are on a second timer, Say 30 seconds or so. If killed within that time they each drop 5 or 6 progress orbs. If not, they drop the same as they do normally 3 to 4.

Now I can't really think of a way to work Campaign into the Grifts except that maybe some Grifts will have Purple Named Mobs within them that drop more progress orbs but aren't Grift Guardians. I'm talking guys like Captain Dalton or The Warden.

These are just some starter ideas and just off the top of my head. Anyway, there just ways that I think where you folks would have events and monsters that are found in Bounties and Campaign so that they have the variable difficulty of Greater Rifts.

You can choose not to open these chests if speed is your goal and beating the GRift is top priority or maybe open them and be rewarded even if you don't get the Grift finished in time. At any rate, the extra XP from these mobs would have to be enough that if you choose to open these chests it makes up for any other fishing you could have been doing if you were fishing for something else.

Like I said, just ideas and you wouldn't have to raise the difficulty of the rest of the game to experience the rest of the game at a variable difficulty taking it as high as you want to go.

Edit #2: After some further thinking on the subject, I thought maybe the three Grift Guardians in Uber Grifts could be Maltheal, renamed Death Bringer; Siege Breaker Assault Beast, renamed Soul Smasher; and Azmodan, renamed General Sin. Just placeholders unless you like them.
The highest difficulty shouldn't be able to be speedfarmed

Game already have a challenge at the form of Greater Rifts and you're bound by rules for it. Where does it say standard difficulties shouldn't be speedfarmed and must resemble challenge difficulties? Game is about all-accessibility model right now for. If it dons a challenge mode, I'd like to see it at the form of extra mechanics, not another meaningless Torment level to copycat GRs.

Social part of the game lies in public gameplay and whatever you're suggesting is aimed to ruin it. If Blizzard accepts it, they only can raise it up to GR70-80 tier at maximum and will move Primal unlock GR threshold higher. When player able to tackle standard difficulties, player pushes forward to be rewarded always. This won't really change anything as they can not raise it further without amplifying Sets first for speedfarm.

If you don't take it as a challenge, then admit you are NOT up to it. If GRs make you all whine, this much, may be it's making a good job at standing as a challenge?

I'd like a challenge difficulty in addition.

Try Greater Rifts. Even if we had T20, you can grab a Goldwrap and facetank everything while your damage falters before you apply augments. If you want proper challenge and no leech abusing it, Goldwrap have to be nerfed; that will raise voices cuz it nerfs down speedfarm builds further and will shove you back into the push builds we all used in GRs to begin with. Why not take the shortcut and play GRs from the start instead?

You'll have plenty of time to reach plvl to unlock T20 (plvl400 to unlock T13, remember?), until that time only proper experience source will be Greater Rifts only. You just forced people do what they hated to begin with.
You can not separate GR with standard difficulty by copying it, this is forcing people to augment their build. By asking standard difficulties to be parallel to Greater Rifts, what were you expecting?
Raising the difficulty up to T20, also asks player to solo run the equal GR which is 95 or so. Hard to achieve without any kind of augment which people will get forced to. Removal of plvl or GR-solo requirement will get you leeches at pub play.

Also I believe that's not a challenge when you're not restricted enough to abide by rules to start with. You're asking for a picnic with loot pinâtas, not a challenge. You just wanna end up shoving us all in push builds we all used in Greater Rifts and slowdown entire seasonal progression to a snail's pace. Spontaneous disconnects will wipe your efforts and cause more progression lost also. If this applies we'll eventually get a buff, which I hope not.

03/18/2019 06:10 PMPosted by Oblivion

Gimp your own speedfarm build. I don't wanna see another 20x buff to Set multipliers because people can not farm fast. Not everyone wanna waste more than 20 mins for a session, sorry but that's obsession to a degree if you wanna waste more than one hour in group play which supposed to end in 20 mins for rinse and repeat.
If people get slowed down in Seasons, this will be answered with another buff by Blizzard.

You all have no idea what are you asking for or simply don't care because that has been a troll subject for the last 3-4 years. "Let's copy GRs elsewhere because I'm bored of GRs" yah, sure.
03/18/2019 11:51 PMPosted by naksiloth
Gimp your own speedfarm build. I don't wanna see another 20x buff to Set multipliers because people can not farm fast. Not everyone wanna waste more than 20 mins for a session, sorry but that's obsession to a degree if you wanna waste more than one hour in group play which supposed to end in 20 mins for rinse and repeat.
If people get slowed down in Seasons, this will be answered with another buff by Blizzard.

You all have no idea what are you asking for or simply don't care because that has been a troll subject for the last 3-4 years. "Let's copy GRs elsewhere because I'm bored of GRs" yah, sure.

Hardly anyone wants to see sets get even more massively buffed anymore than they currently are, not sure how you got that...

Also asking for challenge outside of Greater rifts is in no way asking for greater rifts mechanics to be copied everywhere else.
03/19/2019 04:46 AMPosted by Oblivion

Hardly anyone wants to see sets get even more massively buffed anymore than they currently are, not sure how you got that...

Also asking for challenge outside of Greater rifts is in no way asking for greater rifts mechanics to be copied everywhere else.

Meh ~shrugs~

It's an effort of futility especially with such lines as:

> You all have no idea [...]
> You people are confused.
> There were like 20 threads before this and I believe I'm experienced at this.
> Think outside of the box and I may as well agree instead of being grumpy.
Where does it say standard difficulties shouldn't be speedfarmed and must resemble challenge difficulties?

Where does it say standard difficulties should be speed farmed? How would increased difficulty in Bounties resemble a GR?

Social part of the game lies in public gameplay and whatever you're suggesting is aimed to ruin it.

No. We will be there too.

If Blizzard accepts it, they only can raise it up to GR70-80 tier at maximum and will move Primal unlock GR threshold higher.

No they wont. Blizz are aware of people being able to run GRs higher than 70 for some time now.

If you don't take it as a challenge, then admit you are NOT up to it. If GRs make you all whine, this much, may be it's making a good job at standing as a challenge?

Nobody is whining about having to do GRs. Everything outside of GRs, the challenge is not up to us.

We all play GRs.

Hard to achieve without any kind of augment which people will get forced to.

Like in GRs?

Removal of plvl or GR-solo requirement will get you leeches at pub play.

Who said this? Leechers are not going to change in any way from doing nothing or this or anything else.

You're asking for a picnic with loot pinâtas, not a challenge.

Something a little extra like we get now from increased Torment would be nice. I would be happy with a 3rd GR key drop so I can bank them and never use them because GRs are gross.

Spontaneous disconnects will wipe your efforts and cause more progression lost also.

Through that logic we should never do T13 or high GRs in the name of lower EXP loss from disconnects.

You all have no idea what are you asking for or simply don't care because that has been a troll subject for the last 3-4 years.

Trolls. You don't say.
Oh come on Rodnetard why can't you accept you're a troll for wanting a game to be a game?! Ghheeeessshh. You have no idea what you want! =P
Well it appears that raising the difficulty up to T20 isn't as popular as you three guys think it is. I mean, this thread is only filled with us five or six people. Nobody else is commenting or even just upvoting or downvoting any posts in it.

I think that pretty much settles it.
03/19/2019 07:16 AMPosted by Idolis
Well it appears that raising the difficulty up to T20 isn't as popular as you three guys think it is. I mean, this thread is only filled with us five or six people. Nobody else is commenting or even just upvoting or downvoting any posts in it.

Well of course not. Most people feel they'll have a tarnished name. So props to all that are posting for or against. ~cheers

Well, it's not like I wanted additional torment difficulties anyway, there's enough of those as it is. What I want is highly unlikely at this point of the game's age.

I'm more floating the ideas of T16. If T20 happens blame the OP :o

03/19/2019 07:21 AMPosted by McCloud
Well of course not. Most people feel they'll have a tarnished name. So props to all that are posting for or against. ~cheers

When people see T16 I want them to know that it was a little my fault.
Game already have a challenge at the form of Greater Rifts and you're bound by rules for it. Where does it say standard difficulties shouldn't be speedfarmed and must resemble challenge difficulties? Game is about all-accessibility model right now for. If it dons a challenge mode, I'd like to see it at the form of extra mechanics, not another meaningless Torment level to copycat GRs.

Why can't there be a challenge elsewhere in the game besides Greater Rifts? There are a lot of people like me that don't like how GR is set up, such as the timed aspect, the loss of the hunting for treasure chests or other random events that occur out in the regular game world, and having the other monsters have chance to drop awesome loot. I dislike a timed loot pinata.

What says standard difficulties must be speed farm capable? Why can't there be an optional higher difficulty for the other 99% of the game outside of GR? Just leave the rewards (XP, loot, mats, bounty rewards) the same as T13 and a mat/loot farmer has no reason to leave T13. There, any difficulty that could nerf a farm build is 100% optional and not mandatory to play to progress. Those that enter that difficulty would be there for the challenge, so you shouldn't run across leechers when there is easier places to leech.

03/18/2019 06:10 PMPosted by Oblivion

I agree with this statement. Making an optional, more challenge difficulty for the rest of the game, where there is far more to do in terms of random events, bounties, goblins, etc etc, for those that want it would be a good thing. There are a lot of players that are sick of a time trial, racing game mode in an ARPG. If I wanted to race a clock, I'd play Grand Turismo or Mario Kart.
03/19/2019 04:46 AMPosted by Oblivion

Have you heard of small places called "Reddit" and "Twitter"? They start an outcry torment increases, they start an outcry Sets get buffed; it's a cycle on its own. Believing Sets won't get a buff after standard difficulty increases for faster farming would be inane, and that's what I read so far.
We hit a spot where asking for difficulty increase or Set buff is pointless already. People pushing GR130 at solo and GR150 in groups.

03/19/2019 07:11 AMPosted by Rodnetard
Where does it say standard difficulties should be speed farmed?

Seasonal progress. People farm stuff, gather their loot then they hit GRs for minuscule upgrades. What you're suggesting is prolonging the loothunt and trying to make lootfarm a form of endgame without any sort of extra rewards, nor addressing the issues of playerbase saturation at difficulty scales.

Experience is the highest reward this game can offer because plvl is a requirement and a form of prestige to unlock further challenges. Upscaling experience and cache mats mindlessly won't bring anything new or good to the game.

How would increased difficulty in Bounties resemble a GR?

Carbon copy on same difficulty scale without any addition. Laziest band aid ever.

Who said this? Leechers are not going to change in any way from doing nothing or this or anything else.

GR-solo requirement is brought up and implemented due to leechers appearing at T13 and asking for boost. It was problematic to begin with.

Like in GRs?

You're forcing them early, until they unlock that difficulty they'll be bound to hit up GRs for them to reach that required plvl and roll with gem upgrade RNG early.

No. We will be there too.

Enjoy your slowed down progression in Seasonal and whines about "another Set buff required" which Blizzard will oblige then.

I would be happy with a 3rd GR key drop so I can bank them and never use them because GRs are gross.

If you're that unimaginative, what keeps you from pretending you got a third GR key drop from T13 Neph Rift? If you want higher difficulties ask for something bigger; ask special wings with perks, random charms for talisman, small item chases like jewels and runes.
If that's the loothunt you seek then think of a big hunt for a highly rare but stable artifact or a sustainable reward model with more randomization. Not something limited like GR keystones.

Through that logic we should never do T13 or high GRs in the name of lower EXP loss from disconnects.

What a straw. That's why I call that you have no idea and trolls. There's a difference between 15 minute effort loss in GRs and prolonging a bounty session pointlessly where you visit 25 areas for 1 hour. If you get a disconnect in the middle of a GR, it's only 15 min effort loss; if you get a disconnect in the middle of a solo T20 bounty session your 30-40 min is down the drain.
Not only you're slowing down pub play with plvl and GR-solo requirement, but also making solo game a chore as well. Just because you don't like 15 min effort, nor take it as a challenge yet whine about it.

Trolls. You don't say.

Indeed. You people whine about GRs then ask GRs to get copied at standard game. Slowing down pub play grouping in Seasons, also funneling people to GRs early way before they can loot from standard difficulties properly. I call bullcrap.

03/19/2019 06:09 AMPosted by McCloud
It's an effort of futility especially with such lines as:

> You all have no idea [...]
> You people are confused.
> There were like 20 threads before this and I believe I'm experienced at this.
> Think outside of the box and I may as well agree instead of being grumpy.

Because at the past we had Torment only, then it jumped to T6, then T10 then up to T13. All difficulty scales are amplified according to the Set buffs. Whatever you're blabbering here is just asking history to repeat itself and pointless. Especially when we hit GR130-150, this kinda threads are a mockery of itself as you read from the OP. There are several of this type threads, way before the Sets get 10x buffed as well.

03/19/2019 07:29 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
Why can't there be a challenge elsewhere in the game besides Greater Rifts? There are a lot of people like me that don't like how GR is set up, such as the timed aspect,

We can, but that shouldn't really apply at the form of same scaling. At most we gonna see GR70-80 at the form of T14-15. Even asking this is slowing down the existing progress, so I can not talk for sure. I steadily refuse but I shouldn't expect more from an unimaginative and dismantled developer team.

You had a brilliant idea about keeping the rewards same and I liked it. This can apply for example at the form of Monster Power scales where most rewards stay same and experience bonus scales up rather slowly and quest completion experience don't change. No need to tweak plvl or GR-solo requirement but Quickplay gets some extra for the sake of difficulty filter.
I'm more floating the ideas of T16.

No. There are too many difficulties already.

I repeat: the number of difficulties should be reduced.