Themes in seasons and non-seasons

General Discussion
2 of the last 3 themes applied to both seasons and non-seasons.

I kindly suggest that we go back to how it was for where the double goblins and then the double bounty caches applied to all characters irrespective of game mode (i.e. hardcore vs. softcore, seasons vs. non-seasons).
03/30/2019 12:49 PMPosted by MicroRNA

I kindly suggest that we go back to how it was for where the double goblins and then the double bounty caches applied to all characters irrespective of game mode (i.e. hardcore vs. softcore, seasons vs. non-seasons).

Definitely in both. Should reward long time players who have already earned their legendary/primal gear.
03/30/2019 08:43 PMPosted by Decipher

Definitely in both. Should reward long time players who have already earned their legendary/primal gear.
Especially with the theme being LoN.

So you want to pollute the NS leaderboard with the RoRG bonus and have them sit on the top of the leaderboard for the rest of the era with no one able to beat them because after season end the RoRG bonus disappears and the NS players will start complaining that it's not fair that those that got on the top got there by an unfair advantage that is no longer available to everyone.
In that case I suppose people can stop complaining about cheats getting an unfair advantage from using bots
Getting an advantage on the NS boards from a RoRG bonus that isn't permanent is pretty much the same as the advantage of getting to the top of the leaderboard from using a bot
For the record, they should have it the same for both but some bonuses in NS will be nothing short of a cheat in some circumstances, because the NS LB isn't reset after every season like seasons are
03/31/2019 12:27 PMPosted by Steve
So you want to pollute the NS leaderboard with the RoRG bonus and have them sit on the top of the leaderboard for the rest of the era with no one able to beat them because after season end the RoRG bonus disappears and the NS players will start complaining that it's not fair that those that got on the top got there by an unfair advantage that is no longer available to everyone.

The problem is that since all xp, augments, legendary gems rollover into NS from seasons with the current RoRG buff, the non-season leaderboard is already polluted.

If people want to keep all "pollution" from the non-season leaderboard using your logic then NOTHING should rollover at all. Fair is fair.

Botting is not equal to having a theme apply to both seasons and non-seasons.
As Steve pointed out, it would cause havoc to the NS leaderboards.

Solution, reset the boards for "NS era" every season as well.
03/31/2019 01:14 PMPosted by Wootytooty

If you take your solution for resetting NS era, I think that the concerns of seasonal pollution would be less.

Well, now 2 of the last 3 are gonna be applied to Seasons only.
03/31/2019 02:40 PMPosted by Orrion

Unlike the prior theme of Grandeur, they did not say that this would be restricted to seasons in the PTR preview. Here's hoping that it applies to both.

P.S. Excluding stash tabs and cosmetics, 10/11 seasons/NS were functionally the same. Let's make it 11/12.
Also, how many are really worried about the sanctity of the non-season leaderboard?

When was the last ban wave for botting/thud/macros?

How many people know or care about who led NS leaderboards in prior eras?
03/31/2019 02:58 PMPosted by ShadowDragon
03/31/2019 02:40 PMPosted by Orrion

Unlike the prior theme of Grandeur, they did not say that this would be restricted to seasons in the PTR preview. Here's hoping that it applies to both.

Hopefully because it's obvious that it doesn't.
03/31/2019 05:45 PMPosted by Orrion
03/31/2019 02:58 PMPosted by ShadowDragon
...Unlike the prior theme of Grandeur, they did not say that this would be restricted to seasons in the PTR preview. Here's hoping that it applies to both.

Do you want the LoN buff to apply to both or not?
Reason #783:

Given how difficult it is to gear for an "effective" LoN build, it makes sense to give the benefit to all characters (seasons and non-seasons) than having is so those who can dedicate a ton of time to play seasons to really benefit from the buff.
03/31/2019 07:54 PMPosted by ShadowDragon
03/31/2019 05:45 PMPosted by Orrion

Do you want the LoN buff to apply to both or not?

I do not. Seasonal themes are for Seasons.

However, I grant you an LoN theme is premature at best, and incredibly lazy.

04/01/2019 06:42 PMPosted by MicroRNA
Reason #783:

Given how difficult it is to gear for an "effective" LoN build, it makes sense to give the benefit to all characters (seasons and non-seasons) than having is so those who can dedicate a ton of time to play seasons to really benefit from the buff.

Response #783:

A regular length Season is plenty of time. You get a set, start targeting the items you want with Kadala and the Cube and then start rerolling them Ancient.

Probably takes you a bunch of bounties to reroll, but them's the breaks.
03/31/2019 01:14 PMPosted by Wootytooty

I'm all for that!

Do the leaderboard reset and bring the Theme to NS.
Agree. Better late than never. Non-seasons could inherit some schemes as long as it doesn’t ruin the balance(basically seasons should have certain preferences).
<span class="truncated">...</span>Do you want the LoN buff to apply to both or not?

I do not. Seasonal themes are for Seasons.

However, I grant you an LoN theme is premature at best, and incredibly lazy.

04/01/2019 06:42 PMPosted by MicroRNA
Reason #783:

Response #783:

A regular length Season is plenty of time. You get a set, start targeting the items you want with Kadala and the Cube and then start rerolling them Ancient.

Probably takes you a bunch of bounties to reroll, but them's the breaks.
If you have to reroll 5 items to ancients, then you "only" need 250 of EACH bounty mat and 2500 forgotten souls on average. When you are doing all these bounties, you are not getting keys or able to.upgrade your legendary gems.

Since RNG is RNG, you could do the 50 rerolls as outlined above and not get a single ancient. 1 in 200 players will experience NO ancient upgrades in 50 rerolls. Even if you get an ancient, there is no guarantee that it won't have 2 bad affixes.

Good luck.

I do find it ironic that you are 897 paragon without any seasonal characaters at all. Moreover, you do not have any character that has a LoN build equipped. Some of your characters are still in yellow gear. If Lon builds were as easy as you claim, why have you not done a bazooka wizard as that is your main class?