What GR Level Will T16 Be?

General Discussion
What GR level do you think T16 will be, and how do you think the rewards at that level will change from T13?

Since T13 is roughly equal to GR60, then it makes sense that T14 = GR70, T15 = GR80, T16 = GR90.

I don't think the Legendary drop rate should change any, nor should the Ancient or Primal rates. But I do think that Bounty Cache materials and rewards should be increased per level, and not across the board on several levels like they are now.

In addition, all other drops in the game should be increased, as they should with Treasure Goblins; however, the new features of Goblins and of the Cube may serve instead of goblin treasure increases.

Any thoughts?
Torment jump equals 5 GRS, so T16 will be GR75.
GR75.

Bumping it higher makes little to no sense, as you'd only loose options and a lot of speed builds since you are supposed to be able to handle GR85 content to farm at that level.

Which so very few builds can, and this addition makes no sense and serve no purpose at all, other than more power creep to come.
If we are going to have a T16, it shouldn't be just another speed build snooze fest. It should offer some real challenge and even danger (I have migrated to hardcore only) for the characters that venture there.

I can practically close my eyes and beat a GR75 just by the sounds going on. Why would I want to make T16 just a marginally more rewarding T13...

Why would the devs?

Why would you?

I suppose on Friday we will know the truth.

PS: Since a lot of people want to judge by profile, I haven't played the StonePro account for months before a week ago this Season (Guardian complete on 4), while below are my two newest:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Slamboney-1329/hero/109070285
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Stone-13352/hero/107842880
Because D3 is a grinding game, a speed grinding game. If T16 is to high monster multiplier, the build pool is decreased dramatically. If the build pool is too small the game feels narrow again, going into the old roots of not having any diversity.

Another part is that bounties will be too unrewarding, this ties to both solo and teams, if split farming is impossible, or only possible for a select few builds. It will just cause players to feel they do most of the work in these bounties while others skimp.

And at that point lower difficulties does start to become more attractive and you see the same issue as with D3 when it just launched; the top difficulty is not rewarding enough.

If you then scale up the rewards you are back to the top where a lot of players feel forced or limited and that they either do all the work or have some one else to do it.

D3 doesn't work with challenging content, it is a snooze fest demon killer design for mass destruction. It is not an engaging or challenging environment and it doesn't work for it. This it simply won't happen.
04/01/2019 10:13 PMPosted by StonePro
If we are going to have a T16, it shouldn't be just another speed build snooze fest. It should offer some real challenge and even danger (I have migrated to hardcore only) for the characters that venture there.

I can practically close my eyes and beat a GR75 just by the sounds going on. Why would I want to make T16 just a marginally more rewarding T13...

Why would the devs?

Why would you?
The buff to T16 is so we can farm keys/DBs faster, not for a greater challenge. For that there's always GRs.
It should offer some real challenge and even danger

Impossible unless you gimp your own build to be a speedfarm snoozefest. This game never dents linear progress, nor it will slowdown the farming speeds just because you asked them to do. D3 meant to be a power fantasy action-RPG.
If you want some challenge go play D2; at least it has more item chase and multi-purpose progress and no paper-maché monsters filled with air. There needs to be a reason for challenge and it will never give you that.

Increasing torments is just a numbers buff. There won't be any new monster affixes or combos that will make it more challenging. It won't be lets change the GR that it is equal to by 10 or 20 just so the only ones that play it will be looking for a challenge. That will mean that a lot of players just won't bother T16. They would run what would be faster which would be T13.

Plus complaints would come in on the forms that would mean that the devs would have to scale things back to where it would equal GR75 instead of GR90+.

Others will tell you about the risk vs reward that would occur if you make them super challenging.
If it follows the same way the current configuration is it's going to be T16=GR75
I hope however this isn't the case and Torment farming is actually something other than a snooze fest for grinding keys/mats
We should stay in T13 in order not to diminish build diversity but as we now won't, why in earth aren't we having difficulty levels of T25? Then again GR75 isn't that bad, most T13 builds can push to that.
Not sure why they even bothered in making t14-16.

Unless the reward is significantly higher in t14-16, multiplicative in nature. i.e.

t14 gives 4 dbs per elite, and 4 grift keys
t15 gives 8 dbs per elite, and 8 grift keys
t16 gives 16 dbs per elite, and 16 gift keys.

Then I can understand it.

Linear scaling otherwise is kinda stupid at this point for rewards, might as well leave it at t13, and just adjust the difficulty within the t13 and rescale and adjust awards that way.

Or bring it back to t10, and scale it for 7 grift levels per torment.

So many ways to skin this cat, I just don't like the one they picked.
04/01/2019 09:35 PMPosted by StonePro
What GR level do you think T16 will be, and how do you think the rewards at that level will change from T13?

Since T13 is roughly equal to GR60, then it makes sense that T14 = GR70, T15 = GR80, T16 = GR90.

I don't think the Legendary drop rate should change any, nor should the Ancient or Primal rates. But I do think that Bounty Cache materials and rewards should be increased per level, and not across the board on several levels like they are now.

In addition, all other drops in the game should be increased, as they should with Treasure Goblins; however, the new features of Goblins and of the Cube may serve instead of goblin treasure increases.

Any thoughts?

It seems you really do not understand how torment levels works. Torment jump equals 5 GRS. Torment 16 = Greater Rift 75.
Not sure why they even bothered in making t14-16.

Unless the reward is significantly higher in t14-16, multiplicative in nature. i.e.

t14 gives 4 dbs per elite, and 4 grift keys
t15 gives 8 dbs per elite, and 8 grift keys
t16 gives 16 dbs per elite, and 16 gift keys.

Then I can understand it.

Or bring it back to t10, and scale it for 7 grift levels per torment.

Yeah that would be a much better solution for sure.
Linear scaling of rewards isn't a good idea considering the variety of difficulties that exist.

Would love to see much higher rewards for these new tier torment difficulties.
Bounty mat's in particular..
I have already said a couple of times, it won't matter much to those that play this game extensively. Many of us will be able to faceroll T16 when it launches, unless the devs have actually changed the difficulty curve. Even with the discrepancy of seeming monster toughness being slightly different at say GR60 vs T13 (or GR75 vs T16), It's still going to be like this:

Within a few weeks of a new season, everything below T16 will be a ghost town, just like it is now with T13.

Don't believe me? Wait and see.

Game on.
04/03/2019 05:01 PMPosted by DTMAce
Within a few weeks of a new season, everything below T16 will be a ghost town, just like it is now with T13.

Agree!