Disgust and Disbelief

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Highly Rated
Although Blizzard has claimed poor communication, their behavior is far worse in my opinion. I can not reconcile the recent comment quoted below with the original patch statement with a Developer Comment also shown underneath. Simply stated, poor communication is one thing, but mutually incompatible statements are disingenuous. For the initial patch notes, they clearly refer to the 5 tabs being available with the patch as highlighted in the QoL section and the corresponding developer's comment. In the season section, they state absolutely NOTHING about stash tabs being a seasonal reward. I call horse hockey on Blizzard.

I will let everyone judge for themselves.

Timeline
March 29,2019 Original PTR 2.6.5 Patch Notes
April 5, 2019 PTR 2.6.5 opens
April 9, 2019 Revised PTR 2.6.5 Patch Notes
April 12, 2019 Blue Post

04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

The initial 2.6.5 PTR Patch notes stated:

"Quality of Life
Additional stash space has been added for all players
PC: 5 additional stash tabs are now available
PS4/XB1/Switch: 140 additional stash spaces are now available
Search functionality has been added to Stash (PC Only)
All Crafters now have an Expand/Collapse All button for recipes (PC Only)
Most Bounty indicators are now displayed immediately after entering the Bounty area
Death’s Breath now drop in Horadric Caches
Developer Comment: With 2.6.5, we’re aiming to address some of the longest standing and most desired quality of life features the community has brought to us. We’ve hit a little bit of everything, from adding additional Torment levels, making Ancient/Primal Puzzle Rings feel rewarding, and rehauling stash space in both size and functionality. Other changes were made to help smooth out overall gameplay, such as making Bounties feel less of a chore and more rewarding and reworking a few of our notification screens.

Seasons
The Season Journey Journal now displays all chapters, regardless of current progression
Added the buff for Season 17
Player’s damage dealt is increased by 750% and damage taken is reduced by 4% for every Ancient Item they have equipped while having no Set Bonuses Active
Developer’s Comment: The Season of Grandeur was by far our most popular Themed Season yet. In the wake of having a free Ring of Royal Grandeur active, we saw a lot of requests to try the same thing with the Legacy of Nightmares set power. We had been toying with the same idea internally, and the community request really nudged us over the edge of giving it a go!"
Highly Rated
Time gating the stash slots and claiming it as feature as soon as the patch hits live, is as retarded as Blizzard claiming WoW-content "already in the game" while still not being unlocked (instead it is then "unlocked" in a later patch).
Who cares about available features if the so called available features are not available?

They act as like those stash spaces would be the reason for people to play D3 and/or seasons. People play them, if they like to play the game. Nobody plays to unlock stash slots for a game he/she doesn't want to play.

But guess, again, reasonability is unreasonable to Blizzard.
Highly Rated
Yeah Nevs latest reply smells of BS.

Someone yanked it for better MAU and now they want to peddle this BS reply.

Yeah sorry Blizz we can see the lie.
04/12/2019 10:08 PMPosted by MicroRNA
Although Blizzard has claimed poor communication, their behavior is far worse in my opinion. I can not reconcile the recent comment quoted below with the original patch statement with a Developer Comment also shown underneath. Simply stated, poor communication is one thing, but mutually incompatible statements are disingenuous. For the initial patch notes, they clearly refer to the 5 tabs being available with the patch as highlighted in the QoL section and the corresponding developer's comment. In the season section, they state absolutely NOTHING about stash tabs being a seasonal reward. I call horse hockey on Blizzard.

It's a known fact that season reward with stash tabs so Blizzard didn't do anything wrong here. It will be nice for you to provide the "whole" post instead of cherry picking what you want to show. Basing only on your own words and this quote from them is misleading. The proof lies with in season windows when a season begin players can look at it to see what the rewards are. It's a also known fact that Blizzard is notorious to word stuff poorly and sometimes not update what was already said.

Patch notes doesn't necessary holds all the information even the ones we want to see. Patch notes is written in a way it's fast and quick so that will be confusing. They have told their views and intentions of quality of life. It's not surprising for some players get confused of what they meant. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they have done a horrendous crime.

Like all companies there will be those who will lied and destroy with greed. This is true for any relationship. With this being said it can be easy to be blind to the situation because not all people who work at Blizzard are at fault. Knowing who compare to who is important. Grouping them all together isn't good because that's misplaced anger and can be personal attacking of everyone.

Remember they're human that makes mistakes. Not uncommon not getting the right the first time.
Highly Rated
04/13/2019 01:23 AMPosted by Wise
With this being said it can be easy to be blind to the situation

Remarking your own words cause: The core issue is not "having to unlock them" in general, the core issue is the whole time gating. It will be 1 year or more to unlock the 5th stash slot. 1 year of WAITING. (And that is the case for people who already unlocked the 4 previous seasonal stash slots. New accounts will have to unlock 4 old stash slots + 5 new ones. 9 seasons. ~27 months of waiting.)

Waiting is not a feature. Waiting is a waste of time.

If you want to, do as you please, protect Blizzard. We all did once. But most of us are tired of the shear amount of purposefully created disappointments by Blizzard.
See ya in 6 months for another useless blue post like « Sorry for lack of communication, I lost my forum ID ».

This is becoming ridiculous. Really. PTR patch was done like a kindergarten kid, DoD bugged, wrong shadow of mantle set bonus...
Wise,

Here is the blue quote in full

04/12/2019 04:16 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Going to try to clear up confusion as best I can. I do wish I could have been more quick about this, but I'll get to that in a moment.

We made all five stash tabs available on the PTR largely for testing purposes; we wanted to make sure adding this amount of space wouldn’t break anything. It was intended that this additional space would be unlocked over time. We could have made that more clear from the beginning and apologize for not clarifying sooner.

As for the disparity with Console specifically, additional stash space can impact things like game loading time negatively. Console players already have a larger amount of stash space available than PC players, and we found that 140 brought load times to a really uncomfortable level. By lowering the amount of new space, we can make sure console players still get more stash, but that gameplay experience doesn’t suffer from it.

The key point here was promptness in communication, and that was something we failed to deliver. We're all working our hardest to improve the communication pipeline, and this particular cause brought to light some areas that need improving.
Wise, A copy of th initial patch notes is @ https://vortainment.com/2019/03/30/diablo-iii-patch-2-6-5-ptr-season-17-preview/
For your convenience it is copied below to the point of talking about how to login/character copy for the PTR.

PTR DETAILS
We’ll be conducting the Patch 2.6.5 PTR over the course of one week, starting Friday, April 5. During the course of the PTR, there may be periodic maintenances, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches.
There will be two buffs active to help you on your PTR journey: increased Legendary drop rate and double Blood Shard drops. This should allow everyone to acquire any class set items (or supplemental items) that they might need!
Feedback should be provided in the PTR Feedback forum while bug reports should be provided in the PTR Bug Report forum. Clearly separating these tracks allows our designers and quality assurance testers to hone in on the information they need most.

Report this ad
PTR GOALS
With another new game-impacting Seasonal buff and several beefy boosts to Legendary items, we know it will be very tempting to get your hands dirty with as much as you can! To help guide your focus, here are the priorities in terms of what we’d most like to see tested.
Players pushing Greater Rifts as high as possible with the new item changes listed below
Experimentation with the Legacy of Nightmares Seasonal buff, with emphasis on finding builds with unforeseen interactions or bugs
PTR TIPS
As with our previous 2.6.4 PTR, this testing period will have a short duration. Whether you’re a PTR veteran or newcomer, we thought we’d pass along a few tips to get you started.
Because of the limited duration of this PTR, we ask that participants pick a particular portion of this update to focus on testing.
For example, if you’re primarily a Wizard player, consider what changes impact the Wizard specifically. What you like best, what you think may still need adjustment, and what you’d want to see in the future (even if that may be beyond the scope of this patch) are all good questions to ask yourself.
Prior to the start of PTR, consider stocking up on items like Puzzle Rings and Bovine Bardiches. Having these available after you import your character can make any necessary PTR farming much faster!
Try to break things! Just tell us when you do so we can make sure that the 2.6.5 launch is as smooth as possible.
When providing feedback, focus less on a solution and more on your experience. How did the changes make you feel? Was there something “off” that you noticed? Did something seem wrong or insufficient? Suggestions are always welcome but identifying the issues themselves is most important.

PATCH NOTES
Last updated March 29 @ 10:00 p.m. PST.
Below you will find the patch notes for the most recent update for Diablo III, Patch 2.6.5.
Note: All changes apply to all versions of Diablo III, including PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC unless otherwise indicated.
General
Torment 14, 15, and 16 have been added to the game
Portals left behind by Treasure Goblins may occasionally lead somewhere udderly ridiculous
Using an Ancient or Primal Puzzle Ring in Kanai’s Cube will produce a new result
Party portraits now display if a player’s Cheat Death buff has been recently used (PC Only)
When a boss is killed in a Nephalem Rift, a permanent ping will mark the location of the boss’ death until the Rift is closed
The Boss Notification screen has received a rework (PC Only)
The Greater Rift Notification screen has received a rework (PC Only)
The Greater Rift Completion screen has received a rework (PC Only)
Matchmaking no longer prevents players from joining a game while a Greater Rift is already in progress
Players who join the game will still be unable to join a Greater Rift in progress
The progress bar for a Greater Rift is now visible to all players in the game, regardless of whether they are participating in the Rift or not

Quality of Life
PC: 5 additional stash tabs are now available
PS4/XB1/Switch: 140 additional stash spaces are now available
Search functionality has been added to Stash (PC Only)
All Crafters now have an Expand/Collapse All button for recipes (PC Only)
Most Bounty indicators are now displayed immediately after entering the Bounty area
Death’s Breath now drop in Horadric Caches
Developer Comment: With 2.6.5, we’re aiming to address some of the longest standing and most desired quality of life features the community has brought to us. We’ve hit a little bit of everything, from adding additional Torment levels, making Ancient/Primal Puzzle Rings feel rewarding, and rehauling stash space in both size and functionality. Other changes were made to help smooth out overall gameplay, such as making Bounties feel less of a chore and more rewarding and reworking a few of our notification screens.
Seasons
The Season Journey Journal now displays all chapters, regardless of current progression
Added the buff for Season 17
Player’s damage dealt is increased by 750% and damage taken is reduced by 4% for every Ancient Item they have equipped while having no Set Bonuses Active
Developer’s Comment: The Season of Grandeur was by far our most popular Themed Season yet. In the wake of having a free Ring of Royal Grandeur active, we saw a lot of requests to try the same thing with the Legacy of Nightmares set power. We had been toying with the same idea internally, and the community request really nudged us over the edge of giving it a go!

Items
(NEW) Bottomless Potion of the Unfettered
Become immune to control-impairing effects for 5-7 seconds after drinking this potion
Akkhan’s Leniency
Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases damage of your Blessed Shield by 15-20% 75-100% for 3 seconds
Bloodtide Blade
Death Nova deals 80-100% 300-400% increased damage for every enemy within 25 yards
Chantodo’s Will
Every second while in Archon form you expel a Wave of Destruction, dealing 1000% 4000% weapon damage to enemies within 30 yards. Every time you hit with an attack while not in Archon form, 1000% 4000% weapon damage is added to the Wave of Destruction, stacking up to 20 times
Wave of Destruction ticks now scale with attack speed
The Dagger of Darts
Your Poison Darts and your Fetishes’ Poison Darts now pierce and deal an additional [400-500%] damage.
Iron Rose
Attacking with Siphon Blood has a 40-50% 100% chance to cast a free Blood Nova
Jekangbord
Blessed Shield ricochets to 6 additional enemies and has its damage increased by 225-300% 300-400%
Sage’s Set
Now doubles the amount of Death’s Breaths that drop
Previous: Increases Death’s Breath drops by 1
Developer’s Comment: With Patch 2.6.4, we focused on making a lot of changes to different class sets to open up build diversity and level out the comparable power between classes. With 2.6.5, we’re continuing that trend through adjustments to (mostly) Legendary powers we feel have a very strong, fun fantasy, but needed some damage bumps.

Bug Fixes
Fixed and issue where Xbox One/PS4 Voice Chat within public games was failing to work (Xbox One and PS4 Only)
Fixed an issue where The Immortal King’s Set Dungeon objective numbers were incorrect
Fixed an issue where the player counter UI was incorrectly showing 0 players online
Fixed an issue where Greater Rift 70 first-time completion Primal drops were occurring for players even if they did not succeed at the 15-minute completion time
Fixed an issue where Bounties that required interacting with an object would not update the next objective immediately after completing one
Fixed an issue where a second Puzzle Ring tab would be shown in the Kanai’s Cube UI when a Puzzle Ring was equipped (Console Only)
Fixed an issue where Keywarden icons would not show up on the map in Torment level games (Switch Only)
Fixed an issue where some subtitles in the Taiwan localization would exceed the screen limit (Switch only)
Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor may be hidden when launching the client (Mac only)
Fixed an issue where players would not be blocked from entering Public Games with the Key Warden tag when Key Wardens have already been defeated
Stuff like this is why I love the forums even though I haven't played the actual game in years.
It will be nice for you to provide the "whole" post instead of cherry picking what you want to show. Basing only on your own words and this quote from them is misleading.

Done.

Patch notes doesn't necessary holds all the information even the ones we want to see. Patch notes is written in a way it's fast and quick so that will be confusing. They have told their views and intentions of quality of life. It's not surprising for some players get confused of what they meant.

Their is no confusion about what they meant. It is clear as day and unequivocal. My conclusions are based on their words.

They clearly state that 5 additional stash tabs would be made available to all players as part of the patch. If you don't believe me, read the developer comment that refers to increase in stash size and functionality as a feature of patch 2.6.5. A patch is for all players and is NOT the same as seasons.

In addition, please explain to me how you can claim that 5 tabs would be available to all players in the patch if no one can access all 5 tabs for over a year if they are season-gated.

In addition, they even have a separate section on seasons where they do not mention stash tabs as a reward.

In addition, they use the exact same phraseology "are now available" for PC players as they do for console players for their new 140 stash spaces. In the Blue post, it clearly states that console players will be getting extra space in the next patch (albeit 70 rather rather than the initially promised 140 due to technical issues). For console players, it was never their intent to gate them behind seasons, so why do you think that it would be any different for PC players when they have unequivocal stated that it would be part of the PC patch.

With this being said it can be easy to be blind to the situation because not all people who work at Blizzard are at fault. Knowing who compare to who is important. Grouping them all together isn't good because that's misplaced anger and can be personal attacking of everyone.
I think my criticism of Blizzard is fair. I called horse hockey on this situation as it relates to these two posts. I did not say all Blizzard employees were bad. Don't white knight this and blame the players for their so-called confusion.

Think of it using the analogy below:

Employer A sends all employees a memo that reads: "We have heard your requests loud and clear. We will give all employees working in my furniture store a $1000 bonus on July 4"
Employees: "Thank you"
Employer A, One week later sends another memo "We miscommunicated. We need to clarify my initial statement. It was our intention the whole time not to give employees a $1000 bonus on July 4, except for those working in the sofa department. We plan to give all non-Sofa department employees every 3.5 month a $200 bonus assuming they meet a sales quota. For sofa department employees, our intention the whole time was to give you $1000 on July 4 as we initially stated. Due to technical issues, it will now be $500.

You: See it is the employees fault. They didn't know that Employer A said one thing and meant something very different.
It's not surprising for some players get confused of what they meant.

Confusion is a natural reaction to Blizzard saying one thing but meaning the complete opposite and then claiming that they always meant the opposite of what they said.
I'm not defending Blizzards decision to gate 5 more stash tabs behind seasonal play. The "PTR" patch notes are just that, patch notes for the PTR. It is entirely within their power to change things from the PTR to what will go live. Personally I'd like the 5 tabs automatically or at least 1 tab for each Conqueror achieved since the additional tabs were implemented. That would give most of us regular seasonal players the full allotment.
Quality of life = Quality of joke
Honestly, it’s don’t about stash tabs any more. It’s about the lack of communication.

If they don’t want to do anything with the game, they must tell us. Not doing like they care and fail again and again.
The patch was really underwhelming, and not a single attention has been looked on the week of PTR.
- DoD wasn’t debugged, can’t test it.
- Lot of issues about LoN theme has been said: Barb/DH can’t play LoN, tons of suggestions has been made.
- Stash tabs

And many others, the forum is still very active. But they can’t communicate, when they said already to try solve this problem.
And now what’s the answer? We try to communicate again. Awesome. And we have the feeling they don’t even try.

This game is nearly dead to me, they just toss patch/tabs with a poor work. They don’t care about this game anymore, cause they don’t get money from it. That’s all.
Earlier stash tabs were in Seasons.

Don't see why anyone was expecting it to be different this time around regardless of Blizzard not fully clarifying it in the original notes.

I know you hate Seasons, Micro, but seriously - it's quite obvious that Seasons is where the main concentration is gonna be. And that's the way it has to be, really, as long as Seasons exist.

The argument could be made that Seasons never should have existed because they've never really done enough with it and D3 isn't really correctly structured to take advantage of Seasons (no economy to reset, new areas essentially useless, etc).

As long as they do exist, though, this is expected.
lets help them with their "TECHNICAL ISSUES"....

everyone just play another game that dev's actually care about their games, clearly these guys don't.

a test server should be amended accordingly when a bug is found or a mistake (shadow mantle dmg reduction). PTR was not.... they had another version as the live one, so there was nothing really to test, trying to make new builds was a pain unless you already had the items.

they promised certain updates and now choose to deliver ONLY over a few years (forcing everyone to keep coming back (again for YEARS) if you want changes they indicated would be upon initial release).

changes should have been happening WHILE the PTR was running and then you reset it and upload THAT as your live version. having a copied version and not making changes to the test one just means you don't care what the tests show. the live version could still be bugged because it hasn't been TESTED.

i recently watched how PoE (Path of Exile) was designed, and it took 18 people to make something bigger than what Diablo 3 is.

i played it a long time ago, and cant remember why i stopped, but now I'm going back to it because i am sick of how terrible Blizzard is with Diablo 3 development.

RELEVANT changes are NOT being implemented, nor any communication on what is happening, when/if you do get any communication, its most likely BS excuses and trying to get out of something they messed up.

you cant even trust SIMPLE patch notes. (that's just ridiculous)

for anyone interested on how PoE was designed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM_5S55jUzk

it looks like they actually care about their game.
it might seem like a pay to win game, but the free side offers more than D3.
04/13/2019 08:20 AMPosted by Orrion
Don't see why anyone was expecting it to be different this time around

We were expecting it to be different because Blizzard said it would be different.
04/13/2019 08:27 AMPosted by Meteorblade
04/13/2019 08:20 AMPosted by Orrion
Don't see why anyone was expecting it to be different this time around

We were expecting it to be different because Blizzard said it would be different.

Blizzard says plenty about Diablo 3. It's best just assume the absolute worst outcome each time.

Many players have happily chugged though umpteen seasons doing the same mindless crap over and over and over again, so this is just more more more of what people have happily accepted up until now....
"Quality of Life
PC: 5 additional stash tabs are now available"
That looks very black and white to me, how could anyone say it was written in a way that it could cause a little confusion in a big way? LMAO