Why no Druid?

General Discussion
I am really curious on why they never added Druid to D3?

Was there an official response on this?
Probably because they never intended to add the Druid. I'm wagering the only reason we got the necro is because it was going to be the new class on the aborted 2nd expansion. They probably already had it partially designed, then finished it to make a quick cash grab.
There are enough in game clues to suggest they did intend to add the Druid

04/15/2019 06:00 PMPosted by Alexismad
Probably because they never intended to add the Druid. I'm wagering the only reason we got the necro is because it was going to be the new class on the aborted 2nd expansion. They probably already had it partially designed, then finished it to make a quick cash grab.
Because intern had to go back to school after Necro was finished.
04/15/2019 06:00 PMPosted by Alexismad

The second expansion, if ever existed, was scrapped before RoS was released. At that point they at most had a mere idea of putting the necro as part of that expansion. The start of the actual development of the necro started roughly when the first version of D4 was scrapped. Rebooting D4 left plenty of devs with nothing to do for a while so they were put to create the necro for D3.
Why is there no Druid. So you can ask why there is no Druid.

People feel like d3 is a sequel when it isnt
I would rather a new concept rather than copy paste from D2 just like they did with necro.
04/16/2019 04:29 AMPosted by fathom
I would rather a new concept rather than copy paste from D2 just like they did with necro.

Yeah, we all hated playing Corpselancer and Rathma after having played Rathma and Corpselancer in Diablo II for so long.

ಠ_ಠ
04/15/2019 08:55 PMPosted by Ruined
Because intern had to go back to school after Necro was finished.

LOL so true