Top 7 why diablo 3 is crap

Community Creations
Here is an interesting video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aroINrtm2a8) I will comment his points

He is a huge diablo fan. As he starts introducing the video.

> 7 Questionable direction

I strongly agree with him. Also, Blizzard removed any type of character progression.

> 6 - Still no PvP

And being very honest, how PvP can ever work on D3? The damage inflation is insane "then mitigate the damage on pvp", then another problem will happens. If you have an full set and your enemy has 4/5 of a set, you will be hundreds of times more powerful. Exactly thanks to the multiplications. Is impossible to have an balanced pvp with the damage inflation. Even Blizzard realized that D3 lacks depth. At 3:58 Have they seen they own progression system?

> 5 - Always online

So your internet is awful? Do you live in a rural area? Sorry, D3 isn't for you. Not mentioning, you can't mod the game... Also, it kills HC for me. I don't wanna lose an HC char by one sec desync. And it kills the modding community

> 4 - How skill damage is calculated

Monks having big and sharp poleaxes in order to dismaterialize then, then punch then rematerialize. Yes, even monks punches and minions like golems damage relay on the weight and size of your weapon. On D2, some skills scales with WD, some with enemy HP, some with raw skill damage, some are skill damage + weapon damage, etc.

> 3 - The action house

To be fair it was removed, but the consequences of AH still in the game. They made always online and everything %WD exactly by it.

> 2 The skill runes

Initially, the skill system looks limilar to Sacred 1/2(3 is crap), so you level up skill by looting runes and using skils. Now the system is a skill line, like cod unlocking system.

> 1 - They made it into WOW

I strongly agree. Attributes in RPG's are ways to meassure your character capabilities. From M&M VII(first RPG of my life), to Pathfinder Kingmaker(last modern RPG that i've enjoyed) and Dark Souls 2(last modern aRPG that i liked, they measure your character capabilities. An world where everyone has the same IQ and the unique way to raise an IQ is by getting an better glove makes no sense. WoW started with this notion of attributes linked towards gear that makes NO SENSE. And cooldowns, something that doesn't belong to an aRPG. Cooldown are just an form of handholding that developers use when they can't think in a better way to balance the skills.

An interesting comment
AngerIssuez 2 years ago I didn't play Diablo 1 and 2 for the loot and slaughter
I played it because I heard it was the most enjoyable, atmospheric, interesting game ever made.
That's why D3 sucks for me. It feels more like WoW fantasy than dark Diablo fantasy. It's too light, and the atmosphere is all but gone.
So why come to the forum to B*tch. You have a lot to say, but no play time to backup your points.

I never ever told a player to just leave before, but in your case Why are you here. Just go find something that you like instead of wasting yours & our time.

I wish you luck.
I'm not a huge fan of Blizzard at the moment, but some of the points you mention aren't really valid for a few reasons.

04/18/2019 06:31 PMPosted by L0rdV1ct0r

> 7 Questionable direction

You can question it all you want, but they chose a direction, and went with it. At that point, you can either accept it or move on.

6 - Still no PvP

To this, all I can say is thank what ever god you worship. PVP is trash in these types of games, and all it does is lead to less teamwork in slaying monsters. If PVP is your thing, then you really shouldn't have purchased a game with no pvp in it from the start.

>5 - Always online

Again, this is right from the start. If you don't have a stable connection, or don't have access to the internet, don't buy the game. Being always online is the only way they even have a chance at preventing hacking. Look at the consoles.

> 4 - How skill damage is calculated

While it is dumb that the choice of weapon and type are not factors, it makes the job of the devs easier to treat them all like stat sticks instead of having to create different types of damage multipliers for different types of weapons. Yes, it does further dumb down the game, but that's what D3 is... a dumbed down D2.

I would have loved to see maces get a crushing blow to undead bonus, and edged weapons have a higher chance to cause bleeding to living enemies.. but that's far to deep for this game (the way they designed it).

> 3 - The action house

I had no problem with the AH. If you wanted a good item, you hit the AH. If you have more money then time, you buy it. It's a good solution for Blizzard to continue to monetize a game. If they would have fixed the loot prior to launch, it might have gone better.

> 2 The skill runes

This one is just more dumbing down of Diablo. There is no permenance to your choices, and you can just keep swapping out skills as you like. The plus side for Blizzard is that they don't have people complaining about meta builds and if you make a mistake you have to start over.

> 1 - They made it into WOW

To be fair, they took the Diablo brand and made it into something they figured would be more appealing to younger players with less time/ attention span. They figured that the whole PC gaming culture that made Diablo 2 such a huge success was past it's time. They were only half right, but the current attitude of Blizzard of "You all have phones, don't you?" is only pushing more and more people away.

Again, not saying I'm a fan of the choices Blizzard has made, but I understand why they made them. I think the only way they will learn a lesson from this is to hit them in the pocket book and stop giving them money. I know I won't every prepurchase another Blizzard product again.
Fambotz
Rasalom, i agree that Blizzard is trying to appeal to an very young/short attention spam audience but the consumer of diablo franchise is not the candy crush casual game. Show an mobile crashgrab to hardcore fans on blizzcon is not an interesting idea. Even Bugthesda announced an mobile game and an pc game in the same day and bugthesda is misreading his public too, everyone asking for TES VI and they launch Fallout 76(nobody asked)

If you see the RPG's that are being success despite the lack of resources, are RPG's "root RPG's", like Pathfinder Kingmaker and Path of Exile(on isometric aRPG market)

I believe that Blizzard will not make an D4 exactly because they know that if they make D4 a D3 clone, they will be crushed by concurrency.
PvP was only "good" (was it though??) in D2 because it had high risks, dying would mean losing precious items and time.
Even then, not a lot of people participated in it, only people who were bored with maxed out characters.

PvP would never be balanced in an ARPG (unless all skills did different damage in PvP) but at that point, is Blizzard trying to make two games in one?

PoE has PvP with different game modes, and PvP is pretty dead in that game, so refer to my first sentence.

If you want PvP that bad, then play a MOBA where it is balanced around PvP.
I get it. You don't like D3. Enough! Arrogant Nephalem. My...argh!
04/18/2019 06:39 PMPosted by Rogue77777
So why come to the forum to B*tch. You have a lot to say, but no play time to backup your points.

HAHAHAHA damn, *owned*. I love this reply.
Op, top 7 reasons your posts are thumbed down.
1) the same complaints
2) same old complaints
3) nothing new said
4) parroting same info
5) heard it before
6) Nothing positive, ever
7) same stuff, nothing new
04/18/2019 10:10 PMPosted by LocknLoad
Op, top 7 reasons your posts are thumbed down.
1) the same complaints
2) same old complaints
3) nothing new said
4) parroting same info
5) heard it before
6) Nothing positive, ever
7) same stuff, nothing new

Funny but you missed the point nª8 and n9
8 ) People see critique towards D3 as an personal insult
9 ) People can't figure out how to use ignore funcion

Anyway, some posts criticizing D3 received most upvotes like https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769770037?page=1
04/18/2019 08:39 PMPosted by yessquire

I love criticize D3. :P

Because i enjoy it. Also, i reached level cap on D3 and have an carnival suit called set. I know, is almost no time compared to the rest, but i never reached level cap on D2...
04/18/2019 10:16 PMPosted by L0rdV1ct0r
04/18/2019 08:39 PMPosted by yessquire

I love criticize D3. :P

Because i enjoy it. Also, i reached level cap on D3 and have an carnival suit called set. I know, is almost no time compared to the rest, but i never reached level cap on D2...

And people love to criticize you for that :-P
(And rightfully so)

Tough luck.
I'm trying to picture this post in a Steam review format and it would look like this:

By: L0rdV1ct0r
3.5 hours on record for "Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls"

Title: "I happen to know everything that's wrong with your favorite game - a lengthy analysis"

Review: "Hey guys, check this interesting thing that I found, that I happen to agree with: 'Why your game sucks'. Let me provide some criticism and commentary on his points:

1) "Your game sucks" - Agreed, he's kinda right, you know.
2) "I preferred the skill system from its predecessor" - Agreed
3) "I preferred the rune system from its predecessor" - Agreed
4) "I preferred its predecessor" - Well, I'm totally shocked to say this, but I fully agree!
5) *Proceed to further logical fallacies, assumptions about what "the majority" of gamers want and need, mass generalizations, etc.* - Good points
6) "D3 is different than D2. Thousands of people tried D3 and quit, while also thousands still love it and are still playing it. We'll refer to the former as 'the true Diablo fan/veteran' and the latter as a 'Diablo casual'. Also, it's key to remember that when referring to "what the Diablo fans want/expect", it is always understood that we are talking about D2 lovers who didn't like D3. Remember: people who like D3 are not real Diablo fans. - Geez, some excellent points here
7) Too cartoon-y, not dark enough - After countless hours playing D3, I have to agree.

Was this review helpful?
[Yes] - [No]
Sorry, but, am I the only one that finds his/her use of an before words that is not needed, very aggravating?
Oh man, I love Kingmaker. I'm about 3-4 hrs into it and I'm having to use every trick in the book to survive but this game is awesome.

Surprised to see it mentioned here. How many of you play, out of interest?
There's nothing wrong with criticizing a game...especially when it was very-rushed, unsure, and poorly designed with an incorrect angle to be-different from past-devs' ideas.

The best way to do this though is to go like so:
Point -
Example.
Why this point (if it is not a reason itself) is a reason why Diablo 3 messed up.
If your point is that D3 messed up due to xyz reason, provide your example, and then explain why that example is 'unfun' and/or 'unwise' and/or 'not what brevik would of done'.
On repeat.

You have to illustrate to both blizz (who doesn't see) and any forum reader exactly what you are talking about...if they disagree/defendD3, then they are in a position to counter-example your example...which in obvious cases would be a stretch to do for arguments sake.

Examples take the stretch-defenders and put them in a spot where they have to use examples to defend the game. That's a big deal.

So OP, as much as D3 is awful/and the defenders who also don't provide examples, provide examples to show your points loud and clear.
Posting in another LordV D3 hate diatribe!

*giddy*
wow 28 to 3! this might be the lowest rated thread youve ever made.
Please tell me what product that you pay $60 for and you can play for 1000's of hours and they do free updates on. I think Diablo is great bang for the buck. I have been playing since 1999 and still love it.
04/19/2019 01:56 AMPosted by Chosen
I'm trying to picture this post in a Steam review format and it would look like this:

By: L0rdV1ct0r
3.5 hours on record for "Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls"

Title: "I happen to know everything that's wrong with your favorite game - a lengthy analysis"

Review: "Hey guys, check this interesting thing that I found, that I happen to agree with: 'Why your game sucks'. Let me provide some criticism and commentary on his points:

1) "Your game sucks" - Agreed, he's kinda right, you know.
2) "I preferred the skill system from its predecessor" - Agreed
3) "I preferred the rune system from its predecessor" - Agreed
4) "I preferred its predecessor" - Well, I'm totally shocked to say this, but I fully agree!
5) *Proceed to further logical fallacies, assumptions about what "the majority" of gamers want and need, mass generalizations, etc.* - Good points
6) "D3 is different than D2. Thousands of people tried D3 and quit, while also thousands still love it and are still playing it. We'll refer to the former as 'the true Diablo fan/veteran' and the latter as a 'Diablo casual'. Also, it's key to remember that when referring to "what the Diablo fans want/expect", it is always understood that we are talking about D2 lovers who didn't like D3. Remember: people who like D3 are not real Diablo fans. - Geez, some excellent points here
7) Too cartoon-y, not dark enough - After countless hours playing D3, I have to agree.

Was this review helpful?
[Yes] - [No]

EPIC!