Top 7 why diablo 3 is crap

Community Creations
04/19/2019 06:03 PMPosted by L0rdV1ct0r
And how many people still play D3?

Bliz don't publish this numbers. There are currently 17k people only on D2's battle.net.

"People" eh? You do know D2 has had a nasty bot problem since forever, right? Frankly, I'd actually expect more people to be playing modded versions of the game like Path of Diablo or MedianXL offline than the cesspool of cheaters that is battle.net for this game.

04/19/2019 06:03 PMPosted by L0rdV1ct0r
And the fact that an game is 7 yo and still played by an small community doesn't means anything.

You stated Blizzard won't publish the numbers, yet confidently claim it's a "small" playerbase? You can't just throw around your made up facts only to contradict yourself right after, Victor. Honestly, I wouldn't even expect the game to retain a consistent playerbase over long periods of time. There's probably a big surge of players at the beginning of a ladder, but just like D3's seasons, there's a usually downward trend shortly afterwards.

This doesn't mean D3 is the most popular game ever, though. It simply isn't the kind of game to retain a massive playerbase for months. It's not making Blizzard any money, and even the devs themselves have expressed how they see D3 as a game you play for a bit before moving onto something else (preferably something where you actually pay them for whatever), so I suppose it's working as intended.
04/21/2019 06:46 AMPosted by Blashyrkh
You stated Blizzard won't publish the numbers, yet confidently claim it's a "small" playerbase?

Using other metrics. Searches on google show that Path of Exile is more searched, twitch views, etc and the fact that the second expansion got cancelled.

I never played an single a"""RPG""" that has nothing resembling an character sheet, that attributes don't reflect what your character can and cannot do, but reflect the carnival suit that they are wearing, etc.
04/21/2019 12:34 PMPosted by L0rdV1ct0r
Using other metrics. Searches on google show that Path of Exile is more searched

When you look at Google Trends, D3 is still 2 times more searched keyword than D2.
Knowing that PoE peaked at 150k by Steamcharts and D2 peaks at 20k regularly, I can say that D3 peaks at 60-66k by looking at Google Trends and running rough math.
04/18/2019 06:39 PMPosted by Rogue77777
So why come to the forum to B*tch. You have a lot to say, but no play time to backup your points.

I never ever told a player to just leave before, but in your case Why are you here. Just go find something that you like instead of wasting yours & our time.

I wish you luck.
Maybe because we paid for the game genius? We are actually entitled to complain and request more content. WE PAID FOR IT!
Diablo III is a cooldown generator with wow graphics (9:51) https://youtu.be/517lnpagrUo?t=590
Is a a"""RPG""" where your character doesn't matter, where everything is gear
And is a loot hunter where only WD and huge multipliers matters

04/21/2019 07:37 PMPosted by naksiloth
Knowing that PoE peaked at 150k by Steamcharts and D2 peaks at 20k regularly, I can say that D3 peaks at 60-66k by looking at Google Trends and running rough math.

[/quote]

I believe that D3 has more players and that even 80k is a good estimative.But across all platforms even in the switch. D2 has 20k only online players on battle net. I can't know how much offline player D2 has or players who plays mods Looking to reddit Path of Diablo and Median has almost the same sub numbers as d2 reddit.

My guess is, d3 has 2~3x more players than d2 but on pc d2 has more players. I know, is not a very accurate information, but unless Blizzard shows actual charts, is the best that i can do with the information available.
Diablo III Is a a"""RPG""" where

04/22/2019 01:22 AMPosted by L0rdV1ct0r
I believe that D3 has

04/22/2019 01:22 AMPosted by L0rdV1ct0r
My guess is, d3 has

I'm really glad that you have so many strong opinions on D3, I just wish you had more than a couple of hours of playtime to justify taking you seriously.

I really, really, don't care if D3 has more active players than D2 or PoE. All it takes for me to keep playing a game, is to try it and like it.

I liked D2, but I'm also glad we moved on. I'm not 30 years old anymore, I'm 44. Which means I want to use whatever energy my 3 kids left in me in the end of a day, to play a fun game without having to invest extra time and effort in a complicated game.
So far, D3 ticks all the boxes for me and (from what I can see on every new season) for many others.

Is it perfect? Far from it, so many annoying bugs and features in it. But I still enjoy it.
Did I get value for money? D3+RoS+Necro for ~7 years of entertainment? I'll mark this down as a "yes".
Do I feel that Blizzard owes me for not materializing all my "wants" after being a Diablo fan for many years? Hell no. It's a profit making company and we have a very simple relationship: you make fun thingy, I try fun thingy, if I like fun thingy I give you cash - if I don't like fun thingy, I don't give you cash.

Occasionally, I will ask for 1 or 2 or 10 things, Blizzard will listen and give me 2 of those things, while stubbornly refusing to give me that other thing that me and 1000s of others are asking for. That's ok, they are not perfect. If I get too annoyed, I'll stop giving them money and try other games.

And none of the above requires me spending my energy complaining online about something that 1000s of other people enjoy :)
04/23/2019 05:07 AMPosted by Chosen
want to use whatever energy my 3 kids left in me in the end of a day, to play a fun game without having to invest extra time and effort in a complicated game.

And D2/D1 is complicated? I already debunked this myth

If you look to David Brevik interview in GDC at 43:30 https://youtu.be/VscdPA6sUkc?t=2602

He said that din't liked the 25 minutes of character creation and that D1 was designed to be an very simple and fast paced RPG. And that there are an "mother test", that you mother should be able to play the game.

The attributes on D1 was very simplistic, very easy to grasp and intuitive, the spells too. If you compare D1 with other 90's RPG's like TES Daggerfall or Might & Magic VI, D1 is very easy and accessible.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20771197411

And difficulty and time requirement are two different things. An boss that only 1% of the player base can beat is a hard challenge, doesn't matter even if takes 5 seconds or an hour, an boss where 40 people spam the same rotation for hours to beat but never puts any player in danger, is a time consuming boss but not an hard boss.

D1/D2 are not hard or time consuming games.
One of the best tread ever.I played this game a lot(over 2000 hr on barb only on vanilla) and I strongly agree,d3 is absolute garbage.