I miss D3 vanilla

General Discussion
Is there a way to play D3 old patchs?
1) No.
2) Yes, if you invent a time machine and travel back to 2012.
Like an old sage once said "You think you do, but you don't".

nah jk. D3 vanilla always had a special place wish I could return back too.
Diablo 3 vanilla was much better in certain aspects. I'd go back and play that but D3 currently it a steaming pile of crap. I'll never buy a game that is online only and must be updated again. These are MASSIVE changes to the game that happened whether you wanted it or not. 4-2 system and massive set item buffs is the only way itemization could have gotten worse than it was in vanilla.
03/18/2019 08:22 AMPosted by naksiloth
"You think you do, but you don't"
There is one way...on xbox360 or ps3 you can play it.

hahaha...

being honest with me, I think the best times was in s10/s11.
but I would like to know how it is to play vanilla now that I know more about the game engine.
This game always felt far from complete (esp. the bad itemization) but IMO 1.08 was the best version, despite all the obvious flaws.
The day they increased monster density across all acts (except III) was a day to remember. Started a game with 3 guys from my list and nobody said a word for hours (other than 'this is fun!'), too busy killing stuff :)

Constant public activity, instant join game at any hour... often adding some randoms as friends, HF ring runs. It felt alive. It was good despite the horribly implemented AH and the 3rd party fest.
I miss that game from time to time too.
03/18/2019 07:54 AMPosted by Digox

search 'd3 reflection'
03/18/2019 10:06 AMPosted by Digox

hahaha...

but I would like to know how it is to play vanilla now that I know more about the game engine.

I had fun durning those patches. But i think s4-6 were my favorite. I wish i had been better at dedicating time to the game back then. If there is any patches i would play over its those.

Did rats start in s11 or s12. I enjoyed the wiz speeds but cant remeber what season thoae were op doong 80s all day.
03/18/2019 02:10 PMPosted by shadowforge
03/18/2019 10:06 AMPosted by Digox

hahaha...

I had fun durning those patches. But i think s4-6 were my favorite. I wish i had been better at dedicating time to the game back then. If there is any patches i would play over its those.

Did rats start in s11 or s12. I enjoyed the wiz speeds but cant remeber what season thoae were op doong 80s all day.

I don't remember exactly, I love when it was lon wd and hydra or impale rgk... When rathma meta starts I've hated it.
03/18/2019 01:53 PMPosted by TobiasPeste
This game always felt far from complete (esp. the bad itemization) but IMO 1.08 was the best version, despite all the obvious flaws.

[/quote]
Yea I feel the same way - which is really funny, because the best patch regarded the widest in D2 also happens to be 1.08.

Kinda fitting when you think about it :D
The only thing I miss from D3 vanilla is the punishing gameplay, and the feeling of accomplishment I actually got from doing certain things (will never forget finally beating act 2). However the itemization was so freaking terrible it had almost no replay ability, and you couldn't pay me to play that game because of it.
Agreed! While there were a TON of things wrong with vanilla that are now fixed I still prefer vanilla over current Diablo. Would be nice to go back to that.

No there isnt , and the reality is you think you like Vanilla but it was legit a piece of complete garbage compared to RoS.
You guys realize there was no cube, and you couldn't
change stats, cause no Mystic.
No legendary gems, Intelligence on bows, and terrible drop
rates.
No thanks.
It's easy to simulate. don't pick up legs. roll all your yellows to the wrong main stat and you have vanilla. Continuously run A3 campaign up to Azmo, hoping to get an echoing fury or skorn and sell it unid to the suckers.

Perfect. I would buy D3 vanilla with kanai cube and jelwery gr lvlable gens. Very good.
03/18/2019 10:04 AMPosted by Simone
There is one way...on xbox360 or ps3 you can play it.

I do not want to place link here but you can find it still on ebay or amazon
03/18/2019 01:53 PMPosted by TobiasPeste
The day they increased monster density across all acts (except III) was a day to remember. Started a game with 3 guys from my list and nobody said a word for hours (other than 'this is fun!'), too busy killing stuff :)

Constant public activity, instant join game at any hour... often adding some randoms as friends, HF ring runs. It felt alive. It was good despite the horribly implemented AH and the 3rd party fest.
I miss that game from time to time too.

Higher Density with Monster Power was Diablo at its peak. RoS was fine at first, then it degenerated with Greater Rift and the overwhelming power of sets.

I simply wish that D4 does not follow RoS footsteps. We do not need overpowered Set bonuses that overshadow everything. We do not need Greater Rifts that made the rest of the game totally irrelevant and unrewarding in comparison.

We need balance.