Pet Capabilities

General Discussion
Can pets do anything but fly around and pick up gold? I would love it if they would also pick up crafting materials, shards and other like items. I hate stopping for them.
04/14/2019 10:08 AMPosted by DiablArt
Can pets do anything but fly around and pick up gold?
No.

I would love it if they would also pick up crafting materials, shards and other like items.
Me too.

I hate stopping for them.
Boy, howdy...
Tell that to the DH's Ferret Companion skill.
04/14/2019 03:44 PMPosted by Volatility
Tell that to the DH's Ferret Companion skill.
I thought DiablArt was referring to Cosmetic Pets. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The thing about Ferrets is: They won't pick up Gold if hostiles are nearby. They fight first and pick up Gold later. But, they have a larger field of vision than Cosmetic Pets. While they fight, the Cosmetic Pet picks up piles of Gold closest to your Character. When the battle is over, the Ferrets will pick up the rest of the Gold on their way back to you. :-D

Besides, Ferrets increase Gold dropped by monsters and your Movement Speed by 10%. When you activate them, they cause you to pick up all Gold and Health Globes within 60 yards. |;‑)
My statement refers that if cosmetic pets were to be given more than just the 'pick up gold' functionality, it just completely overshadows a built-in feature of a skill.

And no, the '10% Movement Speed and Gold Drop' is hardly worth a mention given how that 10% Movement Speed doesn't even exceed the soft cap of the characters. And please, don't bring in its 'active' skill to be a comparison to its passive one as per comparing to the cosmetic pets' innate nature to collect gold.
04/14/2019 06:43 PMPosted by Volatility
that 10% Movement Speed doesn't even exceed the soft cap of the characters.
I put less Paragon Points in MS and put them somewhere else instead.

04/14/2019 06:43 PMPosted by Volatility
And please, don't bring in its 'active' skill to be a comparison to its passive one as per comparing to the cosmetic pets' innate nature to collect gold.
I was not comparing anything to anything. I was just stating that this is what Ferrets do.

"...just the facts, ma'am".
Again, you fail to see that a cosmetic pet is surpassing what a supposedly skill for another class should be able to do should they be allowed to pick up more than just gold.

I rest my case.
04/14/2019 08:50 PMPosted by Volatility
Again, you fail to see that a cosmetic pet is surpassing what a supposedly skill for another class should be able to do should they be allowed to pick up more than just gold.
You are not reading what I have said. You are reading into what I have said.

I am not saying Ferrets surpass Cosmetic Pets or Cosmetic Pets surpass Ferrets.

I am not trying to convince Blizzard to change what Ferrets do. And I am not trying to get them to change what Cosmetic Pets do.

If you want to lobby for changing Ferrets' capabilities, by all means, go for it. (You should probably start your own thread for this, instead of derailing DiablArt's). But, please don't accuse me of implying something I did not say.

I wouldn't mind seeing Blizzard change Cosmetic Pets to pick up Mats as well as Gold. I even said so in my first response to the OP.
Posted by Perusoe
I would love it if they would also pick up crafting materials, shards and other like items.
Me too.

But, I'm not lobbying for Ferrets. (And I play a Demon Hunter exclusively these days; usually an M6 build). This thread is not about Ferrets. It's about improving "Pets".