S17 awful

General Discussion
It’s a season to try a new class and try some of the fun Lon builds. You don’t have to play a barb to use lon
04/06/2019 11:31 PMPosted by Bamzlol
So blizz why do you think LON season is good when not all classes have a LON build that can do good? S16 barbs/dh/WD can push higher than S17 that sounds dumb when every season you make it so classes can go higher??? I mean lon season fine if you buff those classes to compete with LON classes. But thanks for making me not want to play s17 because my class doesnt use the set and wont be able to clear higher than S16. Some logic you guys got.

They probably think it's a good idea because it's been the most requested season theme.
You don't HAVE to play LoN and realistically there's only 1 reason to play it: because you enjoy LoN. It's going to be almost identical to previous LoN builds with a whole 2 extra ring buffs. If anything, it's going to help immensely with the in-between while people are gearing up. Roll a bunch of random leggos when you hit 70 so you can rift well enough to get by and the extra buff from the smattering of ancients you get will help with that stepping stone.

You're complaining about the exact thing that LoN players hated about season 16: the theme didn't work for their preferred build. You know what? That's okay! Fun is still something you can have even if you're not actively using the theme to your benefit.
The rich get richer and 95% of builds are worse off.

LoN Wiz and Necro, already the 2 more important/strongest meta builds get stronger.

Nearly every other build: worse/weaker due to loss of RoRG.

Incredible fun, core, iconic builds like WW barb and multishot DH even more garbage.

Fun builds that have entire sets build around them like DMO frozen orb... garbage.

This is indeed the Season of Nightmares.
04/10/2019 12:54 AMPosted by Cambios
The rich get richer and 95% of builds are worse off.

LoN Wiz and Necro, already the 2 more important/strongest meta builds get stronger.

Nearly every other build: worse/weaker due to loss of RoRG.

Incredible fun, core, iconic builds like WW barb and multishot DH even more garbage.

Fun builds that have entire sets build around them like DMO frozen orb... garbage.

This is indeed the Season of Nightmares.

You mean all sets are back to normal after the season 16 ONLY buff is gone? They are not garbage. Sets will still work. Your complaining about nothing. If you are worried about them not competing in season 17, that's kind of the point of a LoN season.

Ballerina barb incredibly fun and interesting? Lol that's funny. " just keep spinning, just keep spinning spinning spinning". I know I'm in a minority with this opinion but I've never found this build fun. Boring in fact.
04/08/2019 06:40 AMPosted by DonMartin
Here's an idea.

Don't use LoN

04/07/2019 11:57 AMPosted by naksiloth
Easy. They don't ask you to use LoN at every build. RoRG buff of S16 wasn't utilized at every build either.

Funny jokes, a season theme where buff won't help you in nothing. at least, RoRG season help your progresion with set items before you finish your build, of course not all builds use It, but make your progression easier and faster to push GR.

This season is just a joke for many classes, to much effort to build something that wont compete with top builds, this season for those classes is like to play another season before "Theme season".... Boring.
S17? -Season of not playing season...
04/06/2019 11:31 PMPosted by Bamzlol
So blizz why do you think LON season is good when not all classes have a LON build that can do good?

The players were begging for it in daily posts (plural) in this very forum. Players asked for this, that's why Blizz thought LON would be good.

Just like players asked to kill V1 Primals
and WW Barb...

They do listen some times. Don't be mad at them if our vocal majority asked for dumb crap
04/08/2019 06:00 PMPosted by AntBriWes
You don't HAVE to play LoN and realistically there's only 1 reason to play it: because you enjoy LoN. It's going to be almost identical to previous LoN builds with a whole 2 extra ring buffs. If anything, it's going to help immensely with the in-between while people are gearing up. Roll a bunch of random leggos when you hit 70 so you can rift well enough to get by and the extra buff from the smattering of ancients you get will help with that stepping stone.

You're complaining about the exact thing that LoN players hated about season 16: the theme didn't work for their preferred build. You know what? That's okay! Fun is still something you can have even if you're not actively using the theme to your benefit.

^^This needed said!

EXACTLY, everyone is getting twisted over a THEME. Nowhere does it state that during LoN the sets will no longer work... C'mon peoples!
04/07/2019 03:20 AMPosted by SimpleDave
Maybe DH Impale will still work just fine.

From what I know there is no LoN Impale build... but if there is... only 2 items will compliment such thing anyways :P
75000% dmg set bonus
LoN bonus should offer increased build variances to all classes, just have to wait for your specific class to see what players like by watching leaderboards.
04/08/2019 06:47 AMPosted by Dmoney
It’s a season to try a new class and try some of the fun Lon builds. You don’t have to play a barb to use lon
Its also another fun way to venture into new classes without needing specific sets.