LoN + PTR + NS = Cruelty

General Discussion
04/06/2019 05:43 PMPosted by Blackarrows
LON bonus is enabled for NON-season on the PTR.

LoN Buff should also be available to NS player.
Kids, don't do drugs.
04/07/2019 06:46 PMPosted by WittyGem
Kids, don't do drugs.

Having the LoN buff in NS is one of the most upvoted posts in the PTR. LoN buff in NS rewards long-term players. This topic also came up in the last PTR preview where it was the second best post after stash tab request according to Blizzard. 2 of the last 3 themes applied to both seasons and non-seaons.
It makes much more sense for LoN specifically because LoN is about long-term planning and holding key ancients. Reward us lifers!
Agree, for ns players there is same patch like 2.6.4 ... nothing changed. We NS players want have fun from patch 2.6.5 aswell.
04/07/2019 08:33 PMPosted by DarkKnight
Kids, don't do drugs.

Having the LoN buff in NS is one of the most upvoted posts in the PTR. LoN buff in NS rewards long-term players. This topic also came up in the last PTR preview where it was the second best post after stash tab request according to Blizzard. 2 of the last 3 themes applied to both seasons and non-seaons.

Totally agree.

I have so many choice items for such time as this.
Kids, don't do drugs.

if they take this away from season only, not as many people will play season.

if all your builds are NS, then why grind season for the same things if you already have their buff in NS?
04/08/2019 07:04 AMPosted by Speedy

if they take this away from season only, not as many people will play season.

if all your builds are NS, then why grind season for the same things if you already have their buff in NS?

Because Season players love the "fresh" start and the grind that comes with Seasons or at least that's what these Seasonal players keep saying. So it's not going to take away anything from Seasons.
They didn't cave to the same requests for the RoRG, so why would they now cave for these?

Because we have more ancients and primals than seasons...

BS

I see seasonal players with fully decked out ancients/primals within the first few weeks of a season quite often.

So not buying that excuse.

Game on.
I can see why they're reluctant to put season themes like LoN into non-season as it would potentially mess up the NS ladder, which has a much larger gap between resets compared to a season ladder. Players would effectively have two ring slots available to boost their power a bit more on top of the set bonus, compared to when the theme disappears in NS, which could cause problems in the months that come after that season ends if it's not yet another power based theme. Not being able to surpass rank XXX because they reached that point with a power based theme no longer available to you to get the same boost would kinda suck.

Not saying that is the exact reason, but I could see reasoning for not putting power shifting season bonuses into NS.

If they could find a way to give NS the bonus, but that stops that character from going up the ladder ranks unless the bonus is nullified (in the case of LoN, getting another set bonus nullifies it) could be a viable solution in that case. That way NS characters can get the same bonus to tinker and the ladder wouldn't risk getting messed up.
It's a season theme - not a D3 theme. Makes sense to do themes and changes for small periods of time.

If you want to enjoy your long time gameplay, have fun with non season.
The problem is the NS ranking =/
04/07/2019 06:23 PMPosted by DieHarder
04/06/2019 05:43 PMPosted by Blackarrows
LON bonus is enabled for NON-season on the PTR.

LoN Buff should also be available to NS player.

Isn't that what "enabled" means? If you mean when the patch goes live then you should say it.

As it is you are just echoing the post you quoted.
Agreed, it should be none season also. What is the downside of doing that anyway.
The difference in forums. PTR forum feedback vs. general discussion vs. PTR preview feedback

For example, on the PTR feedback, this is one of the most upvoted posts.

04/05/2019 05:44 PMPosted by MicroRNA
2 of the last 3 themes applied to both seasons and non-seasons. Given the inherent difficulty in gearing up for LoN builds and rewarding longterm players who have earned ancient/primal gear, I would recommend the buff apply to all game modes (hardcore vs. softcore; seasons vs. non-seasons). Prior to that we had 10 seasons that were functionally identical to non-season with the exception of earning stash tabs and cosmetics.

On the PTR preview feedback from last season , the #2 best post according to Blizzard was the fact that theme buffs should apply to non-season as it did for the prior buffs of double goblins and double bounty caches.

04/08/2019 10:06 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
I can see why they're reluctant to put season themes like LoN into non-season as it would potentially mess up the NS ladder,

This has already been addressed. First, if seasonal gear, augments, legendary gems, augments, and xp did not rollover to non-season, then you could have a valid point. However, this is not true. As such, seasonal themes do mess up the non-season leaderboard. The only question is the extent.

The solution to this is have the seasons/era end at the same time.

04/08/2019 12:20 PMPosted by KiWeN
It's a season theme - not a D3 theme. Makes sense to do themes and changes for small periods of time.
This is what happened for RoRG buff and potentially LoN next season. Please read the top quote to see whay your point does not take into account historical precedent. Morever, do you know the best post in the last PTR preview and many of the other PTR forums. It was a request for more stash space that did not happen for multile seasons. Guess what??? This season we get 5 extra stash tabs. There is nothing that prevents the LoN buff applying to non-seasons. The code is already in place. You could play the LoN buff on the PTR in non-seasons.

04/08/2019 09:43 AMPosted by DTMAce
They didn't cave to the same requests for the RoRG, so why would they now cave for these?
They caved on stash tabs. They could realize the error in their ways.

04/08/2019 09:43 AMPosted by DTMAce
I see seasonal players with fully decked out ancients/primals within the first few weeks of a season quite often.
So what? Is it 1% of the playerbase? How many of those bot 24/7?
Although the original post is -8 as of this typing, it is important to see that it has 18 upvotes.

Simple question for "seasonal" players who want to keep the LoN buff only for seasons: How would giving the buff to non-season negatively impact your game experience?

You still have the buff. Nothing is being taken away from you.
I get where people are coming from, but seasons need to have exclusivity otherwise what is the point?

The only thing that I think should happen out of this is that LoN should become a Lvl 70 natural buff, because it is nice having those two open ring slots.
04/08/2019 04:48 PMPosted by Demonmonger
I get where people are coming from, but seasons need to have exclusivity otherwise what is the point?
Did you play season 5-14?

Excluding cosmetics and stash tabs, seasons and non-seasons were functionally equivalent. If the only point to seasons is seasonal exclusives, then there is a major issue.

The solution to this is have the seasons/era end at the same time.

Personally, this is what they should have been doing from the start.

04/08/2019 04:40 PMPosted by MicroRNA

Does that matter?

Point is, LoN builds are completely doable in the current seasonal time frames we have been getting. Maybe the top 1-2% can get it done in a couple weeks, but most of us are going to get there within a month at least, reasonably I'm saying.

Now if you have the odd player that only gets to play one night a week for an hour, yeah, they might have issues with this, but we can't expect the game to cater that far out either.

All I meant was, it isn't as bad as it is being made out to be.

In response DTMAce wrote:
Does that matter?
Yes. Diablo is a game for fun not a 24/7 job that encourages bots.