Diablo 3 forum = full of hoarders?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Honestly I could not care less about additional 5 stash tabs.
I already have more than enough stash tabs, and I have around 3-4 empty tabs in non season and season.

Sadly 99.9969% new posts on Diablo 3 forums are stash tab nerf in season 17. :(
I guess it kinda sucks Blizzards suddenly changed stash tabs after initial patch note, BUT WHAT IF IT WAS NOT MENTIONED on original patch note? would you still cry and ask for additional 5 stash tabs on 100 different threads?

IMHO stash space has never been a problem, unless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaYRDg0kdIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vvVDCAoLIk
The problem of space is presented by the novices and the players who play all (or almost all) the classes.
It is reasonable that a player who only plays three classes does not understand the anger and need of these other players.

(sorry, my english is not good)

PS:I play only 1 class, and for me (opinion, 100% subjective) it is more than evident that if I played all the classes I would not have enough space.
Highly Rated
Welcome to D3. The only ARPG around where you are actually CRITICIZED for wanting space to keep the cool stuff you find in the game.

OP enjoy your downvote.
People hoard items and hate to admit it. That’s the issue. Everyone wants to keep everything. And sure there are some cases where it’s worth keeping. But everyone likes to over react to it.

See the thing about d3 is that stash isn’t for all the items that drop on the ground. You actually have to make a decision what you’re keeping and what to salvage.

On non season there are a few cases that items that have been changed people kept. But only a handful of them are actually unique to what they used to be. Most of them won’t even make the meta build or any build semi viable. Since everything seems to be changing to multiplier bonus vs addictive.

So in the end we are forced to make a decision about the loot we stash and what we instant salvage. Which is fine honestly. With the amount of character slots and stash tabs you should be able to keep it semi clean and characters geared for certain things.

See a game like Poe which people like to compare that has unlimited tabs except a $ tag on them. Well they fail to compare them fair. Because in d3 you are able to salvage every single piece of loot that drops. From the start of joining the game until you leave it. Even in rift or gr it’s your choice what you do with all the loot. In Poe you have the feel of unlimited stash tabs. But in the end you are limited of how many items you can pick up. Some places you can go back as much as you want. But a lot of the end game stuff such as maps you have 7 portals. Which you have to make a decision what you keep and what you leave behind. Because the inventory space is very limiting.

So both games will have hoarders. And both games force you to make a decision what you keep and what you don’t keep.

Just like in life. During summer season when driving down the neighborhood when you see people’s garages open. You can see who hoards and who simply makes decisions of what’s important to keep and what isn’t. I mean who needs 4 lawnmowers when the lawn around their house is about 10 minutes of work to get it nicely mowed
04/12/2019 05:28 AMPosted by Steven
I already have more than enough stash tabs, and I have around 3-4 empty tabs in non season and season.

I guess it kinda sucks Blizzards suddenly changed stash tabs after initial patch note, BUT WHAT IF IT WAS NOT MENTIONED on original patch note? would you still cry and ask for additional 5 stash tabs on 100 different threads?

You may care less about stash tabs and are the 0.0031% according to your own statistic. Asking for more stash space is almost invariably the comment in the PTR preview over the past 15 seasons that is scored best according to Blizzard's metrics. Also, the post about getting more stash space tens to be the most upvoted in the PTR feedback forum.

If it was not mentioned in the original patch notes, the outcry would be less but it still would be the most popular PTR request. All you have to do is look back at the Season 16 PTR preview where the "best" post was asking that we get stash tabs that many want versus armory slots that almost no one asked for.

As I have said, some people are minimalist like yourself. Some would prefer more stash space to store loot in a game about collecting loot. Live and let live. If you were given 5 extra stash tabs, can you or anyone explain to me how that would hurt your gameplay experience? If you do not want to use them, don't.
Most people already have 12 stash tabs, that's enough to store 840 rings or 420 weapons.

Seriously you guys are worse than Stan and Mackey!

ME - "Old sandwich in a baggie, filled with maggots"
YOU PEOPLE - "You CAN'T throw that away!!!"
ME - "The maggots are crawling down my hand and biting my wrist, can we throw this away?”
YOU PEOPLE - "NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Good. If you are indifferent to it, you shouldn't mind people getting more stash tabs.

would you still cry and ask for additional 5 stash tabs on 100 different threads?

People have been asking for extra stash tabs for years. The bait-and-switch only exacerbates it since we now have to complain both about the lack of stash space and Blizzard's failure to communicate.
The thing is, even if one doesn't play all classes, they may play numerous builds with those classes. Various builds, even if they might otherwise use the same items, might require to have different affixes on them. As a result it becomes necessary to have multiple copies of the same items. Things like these eat stash space. If one play all classes with various builds, stash space can seriously become a major issue.

One doesn't necessarily have to hoard for the lack of stash space to become apparent.
04/12/2019 05:38 AMPosted by MFPF
players who play all (or almost all) the classes.

That was my first thought and saw the OP only plays 3 classes. If he has up to 4 tabs empty and assuming he has 8 tabs used, that's 2.67 tabs needed per class. So for 7 classes, that's 18.67 tabs that's needed if the OP played all 7 classes. Clearly, we don't have that many tabs.

Can I have your 5 tabs then?
04/12/2019 05:42 AMPosted by Tetra
Welcome to D3. The only ARPG around where you are actually CRITICIZED for wanting space to keep the cool stuff you find in the game.

Now that is the truth in a nutshell, I agree 100%. Any modern loot based ARPG, Slash and Grab Dungeon Crawler has or offers enough Stashes one way or other to satisfy everyone, and seriously not one of these games I have seen has a Stash or Stash Tab Bug that I have ever heard about.
I think it's a habit from other ARPG's like Diablo 2, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, Titan Quest, etc etc. Typically you find all kinds of cool loot with interesting effects in ARPG that you might want to use in a different build. Sadly, that is not always the case in D3. Very few legendary pieces are seen as useful in D3 with how the game is designed to cater (and if you want to progress into higher GR, enforce) sets and specific supporting legendary pieces to those sets.

So, old habits die hard and players squirrel stuff away 'in case they need it some day'. Given that Blizzard has drastically altered how some set and legendary pieces function, can you blame people for keeping stuff in case it is altered?

It was also weird (and insulting to some) that they would give a few tabs for gold to console players, but try to make PC players jump hoops.
Well. It's enough to look on your profile and see why do you have empty tabs. Hell no. You should have far more empty tabs due to how much you played. 0% barb. 0% crusader. 0% wd...
I tend to only play 1 or 2 classes per season so the tabs I have is enough. I focus on a single build and tend to salvage anything not relevant to that build. That said, the stash tab thing doesn't effect me but there's no reason why players who do need them should have to fight so hard for them.

It's a completely arbitrary restriction.
If you play three classes, two of which share the same stat, you won't have stash issues. But you've also only played a fraction of what the game offers.
WHAT IF

Oh!I like this game!

Go back under your bridge.
I have no problem with extra stash space being added, but I play every class in hardcore which means I save a backup of almost every set in the game (there are a few I dislike, so I salvage those) and I keep a few full LON sets as well and I still have a couple completely empty stash tabs out of 12 total.

good portion of the problem of stash space is some item take two when it should only require one.
04/12/2019 05:52 AMPosted by Steven
Most people already have 12 stash tabs, that's enough to store 840 rings or 420 weapons.

Lets look at the numbers. I have excluded legendaries without orange affixes with a couple of exceptions for useful legendaries such as witching hours that is the only belt that can roll AS/CHD. I have also excluded most crafted items. For crafted items, there are some exceptions such as Sage's sets, Reaper's Wrap, Hellfire amulet, etc...

The following is organized as non-set + set items = total

NON-WEAPONS
Helms 13+30=43
Spirit Stones 9+1=10
Voodoo Masks 6+1=7
Wizard Hats 7+0= 7
Shoulder 10+27=37
Chest 10+28=38
Cloaks 5+2=7
Belts 40+3=43
Might Belts 6+1=7
Pants 8+32=40
Boots 11+32=43
Amulets 22+4 =26
Rings 36+7=43
Shields 10+1=11
Crusader Shield 12+1=13
Mojos 8+2=10
Quivers 8+0=8
Phylactery 4+0=4

1- HAND WEAPONS
Axes 6+0=6
Daggers 6+0=6
Maces 7+0=7
Spears 4+0=4
Swords 13+0=13
Ceremonial Knives 11+1=12
Fist Weapons 11+2=13
Flails 9+0=9
Mighty Weapons 5+2=7
Scythes 3+1=4

2-HAND WEAPONS
Axe 3+0=3
Mace 7+0=7
Polearm 5+0=5
Staves 10+0=10
Swords 10+0=10
Daibo 6+0=6
Flails 7+1=8
Might Weapons 5+1=6
Scythes 4+0=4

RANGED WEAPONS
Bows 8+0=8
Crossbows 7+0=7
Hand Crossbows 9+3=12
Wands 8+1=9

RANDOM
Ram Gift 1
Normal gems 15 (5x Marquis, Imperial, and Flawless RoyaL)
Legendary Gems =22 (Uniques not including extra for augmenting)
Infernal machines 4

TOTAL ITEM SPACES =1061 without duplicates or alternate rolls

You could argue that some of these legendary items with orange affixes are "worthless". Even if I concede that point, you must recognize that this does not take into account that some items would need to be duplicates/triplicates based on class and builds. Simple exmple illusory boots that might be nice to have STR/DEX/INT versions. I haven't even gotten to the fact that often you need unique rolls. For examples, thorn builds (LoN Necro and Crusader) don't crit, so you do not want CHC/CHD.

That is in and of itself a dishonest post. You can't say you don't care then go on and complain. You disprove yourself as soon as you start the second sentence.

BUT WHAT IF IT WAS NOT MENTIONED on original patch note? would you still cry and ask for additional 5 stash tabs on 100 different threads?

You mean like we have been for the last 6+ years? There's two quality of life posts I see all the time; auto pick up for mats, and more stash tabs. Don't pretend like you haven't been seeing them for years.
While more stash space has been long overdue, the upcoming season theme makes the problem much more acute as LoN by its very nature must be assembled piecemeal (no intra-set item conversion cube recipe). You literally have to hoard a considerable amount to make it work.