Diablo 3 forum = full of hoarders?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
You only have a few chars also :/
Imagine playing a game that's all about customizability and intentionally choosing to pick the path most-traveled.
Do you know what I like to do in loot games? I like to collect loot and store it away. Not just any loot - but cool loot. Stuff with cool particle effects, interesting suffixes, or massive bad !@# looking hammers. Sometimes I just like looking over them. I'm a bit OCD, so of course I have them in order - another little thing i take pleasure in.

These aren't just trinkets though. They're also records of my progress through the game. And they make me happy.

I get the point about 'not all of it is immediately useful'. And I would agree, it isn't.

Am I being selfish? Unfair? Greedy? Well, you know what? Its 2019. I dont sleep in a cave or eat with my hands. I think having an appropriately sized stash just so I can collect my trinkets and enjoy the loot in a loot game is not asking for too $%^-ing much.

I'M SO SOOOOORRY GUYS
LOL can't admit the hoarding disorder, the best excuse you can come up is that you ALL play every single class? how many people play EVERY class in season?

04/12/2019 05:52 AMPosted by Steven
Most people already have 12 stash tabs, that's enough to store 840 rings or 420 weapons.

no hoarding disorder = no stash tab problem :)

I dare ya to upload video with stash full of perfectly rolled primals. :D
Oh but you can't.. cos you only have useless junk in your stash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XievwJSLeE
This is how I collect...... For set items for Monk it's 1 item of each. When I find one better than the one I currently have, I salvage it and keep the better of the two. I don't have multiples of multiples of multiples of the same damn item!

Best of the best. It that not what we all crave?
Josh Mosquiera copped a lot of abuse (and still does) for saying "And if we give you more you want more, and more and more...", but he's been proven 100% correct every time that more space has been offered or given, including the latest. 5 more tabs - ignoring the how/when we get them - would surely be an end to even the most rabid hoarder's stash demands?

But no. "The extra tabs are nowhere near enough! I must have MOAR!"

Every. Single. Time. Without fail.

Josh 'Nostradamus' Mosquiera.
04/12/2019 12:21 PMPosted by spacecadet13

If you read the original Patch notes the Dev's gave "EVERYONE" in the Game, not just Season players, 5 stash tabs presumably for in game gold, a QOL feature that no one asked for before these patch notes were released.
04/12/2019 11:48 AMPosted by Steven
LOL can't admit the hoarding disorder, the best excuse you can come up is that you ALL play every single class? how many people play EVERY class in season?

04/12/2019 05:52 AMPosted by Steven
Most people already have 12 stash tabs, that's enough to store 840 rings or 420 weapons.

So what is the point of all this? As you say, you don't need the stash space. So why does any of this matter/effect you? If you played enough to need the space you would understand.

Oh that's right, it doesnt effect you and there is no point to this thread because it's just a troll post.

Report and move on folks.
Oh look. Here’s a primal cindercoat that I have no use for. Should I keep it ? Well I don’t have any lawnmowers in the garage. So....

Oh wait. Blizzard just made a lon monk viable. Glad I hoarded that cindercoat. Who would have thought.

Oh look ! Here’s a primal. Too bad I ran out of stash. Oh well. Probably never get to use it.
the best excuse you can come up is that you ALL play every single class? how many people play EVERY class in season?

In season? Why should it have to be in season? Stash tabs are mainly a problem for non-season (and hardcore) players (which makes gating them behind season even more stupid).
How people choose to play the game is none of your business anyway. Why does it bother you if other people hoard useless junk? Please explain how everyone being given 5 extra stash tabs would negatively affect your own game experience.

04/12/2019 12:21 PMPosted by spacecadet13

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Give people 100 stash tabs each and I'm pretty sure almost nobody will come and ask for more (and those who do will be downvoted into oblivion).

04/12/2019 12:45 PMPosted by Windigo
the Dev's gave "EVERYONE" in the Game, not just Season players, 5 stash tabs presumably for in game gold, a QOL feature that no one asked for before these patch notes were released.

No one asked for ungated extra stash tabs? Extra stash tabs and mat auto-pickup have been requested during every single PTR ever. It's a long overdue QoL feature.
When the Patch Notes came out the 5 stashes for everyone in the game, was already in the Patch Notes. Nobody had to ask for them.
04/12/2019 05:28 AMPosted by Steven
Honestly I could not care less about additional 5 stash tabs.
I already have more than enough stash tabs, and I have around 3-4 empty tabs in non season and season.

Sadly 99.9969% new posts on Diablo 3 forums are stash tab nerf in season 17. :(
I guess it kinda sucks Blizzards suddenly changed stash tabs after initial patch note, BUT WHAT IF IT WAS NOT MENTIONED on original patch note? would you still cry and ask for additional 5 stash tabs on 100 different threads?

IMHO stash space has never been a problem, unless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaYRDg0kdIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vvVDCAoLIk
you don't care at all about this subject....yet you keep commenting on it. why?
I dare ya to upload video with stash full of perfectly rolled primals. :DOh but you can't.. cos you only have useless junk in your stash.
I have already linked on this forum images of every characters inventory and stash tabs for my characters. I had two people respond that I was hoarding crap. One was able to identify a few items that like the sword that blinds (used for the enchantress) and the blinding helm (used in lazymancer inarius build). The other told me that the Travellers Pledge amulet was junk and is never used.
For everyone who makes claims about junk hoarding, I pose a super simple question. Please answer if you want me to take anything you say seriously.

There are 7 set rings in game (LoN Littany, LoN Wailing, Focus, Restraint, Compass Rose, Zunimassa, Natalya). For each, please write out the ring and affixes that I should keep.

For example:
1) LoN Littany INT,CHD, CHC, socket
2) LoN Littany, INT, VIT, AS, socket
3) LoN Littany STR, CHD, CHC, socket
etc...

Please educate this hoarding noob.
There's also the HC factor, for those of us who play that. It's fine is SC to only have 2 of each gear (1 for wearing, 1 for rerolling), but in HC, you need more. You never can tell when you're going to die, via stupidity or bad luck like a disconnect. Boom, item gone. So, you now have an extra piece or two for backup gear. And then you might also have a leveling set, because power levels in HC can be hard to come by. You basically devote half a stash tab per character that doesn't need to exist in SC.
So OP doesn't even play all the classes and haven't played long enough to accumulate gear. No wonder he doesn't have stash problems.

Let me take you seriously and try to explain this to you, as I don't you are really thinking this through. A lot of other posters gave good reasons but let me summarize mine.

1) Some items go obsolete but are better than what comes after. There is the shoulders that give +5 gold pick up radius that you can no longer craft. This is BIS for some zbarb builds for example. There are other builds that used to require obsolete items like zdogs, or +9 AS Witching Hours that gets you to higher break points. So vets like to keep stuff cause you can no longer get those items but they can be quite useful depending on the patch.

2) Depending on the build, you need different combination of affixes to be BIS, especially gloves and shoulders. Take the Mantle of Channeling. First of all you need one with str, dex, int to play channeling builds for all classes. Then you want to save different versions that has cool down, area damage, resource reduction, all rez, etc depending on what build you want to play. If you play a zbarb, you also want ones with +2 gold pick up radius. This means you will most likely need to save 6-10 different Mantles.

3) LON requires that you save ancient versions of all non-set gear and multiple copies of some pieces for the same reasons listed above for the Mantle. You will probably hoard 100 to 200 items or more depending on how well you want to prepare for future LON builds.

4) You need to collect 168 set pieces (4x6x7)! And actually there are some 7 piece sets so add a few more. This is the primary reason why if you play all classes you will experience stash hell. And although, chests, pants, belts, and boots you can usually get away with having just one BIS copy, with gloves, shoulders and helms, you usually want multiple copies cause you will need different combinations like the Mantle of Channeling example I gave you. So add another 200 set items you will probably have in your stash.

I could go on (I didn't even talk about jewelry, bracers and off-hands with 3 different elements each) but the game mechanics of D3 means that once you understand how the game works you MUST hoard or otherwise spend hours trying to reforge/craft the item. Which means dozens of hours doing more bounties and picking up DBs just because you didn't save that item in your stash.

Seriously, a lot of us have a life to live besides D3 so it's best to just throw it in the stash so that you don't have to refarm the item you need.

There's a reason why so many of us (especially the long time vets) are absolutely enraged about this issue. They make a game that requires stash space to fully enjoy and they jerk us around with it. With D2 you could share items between mule accounts so you didn't have this issue. This is how this game worked since forever.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

So what is the point of all this? As you say, you don't need the stash space. So why does any of this matter/effect you? If you played enough to need the space you would understand.

Oh that's right, it doesnt effect you and there is no point to this thread because it's just a troll post.

Report and move on folks.

LOL you are NOT even p800 and don't even play season, and YOU want more stash tabs? Bet you don't even have one primal in stash, and it's just filled with 500-600 non-ancient Broken Crowns and Blackthorne sets.. just SAD!!!

HOADER!!!

It's either that or season's journey conqueror is way to hard for ya, probably both. :D

I always knew forums general section is filled with clueless noobs but didn't know they also had hoarding disorder. GL noobs and have fun crying over nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9U-f-vtXkQ
04/12/2019 02:46 PMPosted by Steven

HOADER!!!

Hoader

Hoador

Hodor

This thread is !@#$ lets riot
The Dev's must of thought we needed more Stash Space or they wouldn't of made it available in the new Patch Notes for everyone, to bad they had to turn around and Gate it all to Seasons. Nassssty!
04/12/2019 02:46 PMPosted by Steven
don't even play season, and YOU want more stash tabs?

Non Seasons players need Stash Space the most and yes I like shiny new things.
Seasons player get rid of all their precious items and start from "SCRATCH" or haven't you heard? ;)