Can we finally get SOLO mode implemented into the game?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
06/06/2019 07:59 AMPosted by Melisandre
You are forgetting one critical aspect that someone has to pay for this mundane feature that you ask for.

Well, I suppose that's true, though adding a solo mode would take a lot less work than, say, adding challenge rifts to the game, a "feature" that almost nobody seems to actually like, and which probably attracted zero new people.

Challenge rift was an excellent idea but executed in the worst manner possible. It had the potential to draw more people in. Blizzard screwed it up. Not the fault of consumers.

... Anyway, since I already play solo-only, I'd be doing the exact same number of bounties, solo mode or no.

So why you need a dedicated SSF mode then if you are already doing it ????

06/06/2019 07:59 AMPosted by Melisandre
what will be the next complain increase loot drop since its solo play? the list ill never end.

Ah, the "slippery slope" argument. Always silly.[/quote]

It's not silly when the very same people asking for SSF mode will also be the people asking for the mentioned changes when they realize the reality of what they are asking for.

The reasons are listed throughout the thread and in the OP. One reason is because the leaderboards would be more competitive because they wouldn't be full of people who got their paragon, gear and gem levels up in groups.

06/06/2019 08:49 AMPosted by Melisandre
It's not silly when the very same people asking for SSF mode will also be the people asking for the mentioned changes when they realize the reality of what they are asking for.

I'm asking for a solo realm and don't want the other things you're saying I would want. In fact, I want the realms to be the same in every way except for the ability to group. Everyone will be in the same boat and it will be a level playing field.
06/06/2019 11:06 AMPosted by Maximus

The reasons are listed throughout the thread and in the OP. One reason is because the leaderboards would be more competitive because they wouldn't be full of people who got their paragon, gear and gem levels up in groups.

this is only true at the beginning of a solo self found mode. The moment regular people with a job goes to bed in the night, and the people who continues to play all night with only 1-2 hrs of sleep, or people who play solo for a finite duration - do you honestly think the leaderboards would be even ? now extrapolate this same trend through out the entire course of the season. Someone playing non stop through out all week and one playing on avg 2-3 hrs a day, how will one compete with that ? Do you not see a problem right there? the disparity in gr clear in the leaderboard will be huge. You are basically replicating the current leaderboard under a different system with the same inherent problem. To me this just sounds like a faint cry for your own epeen to be able to be placed on a leaderboard just because you don't want to group play or is it the meta you don't enjoy ? If you want to no-life the solo leaderboard so you have a chance to be on the top can you not do the same with Group play ?

. . .

I'm asking for a solo realm and don't want the other things you're saying I would want. In fact, I want the realms to be the same in every way except for the ability to group. Everyone will be in the same boat and it will be a level playing field.

except now that i am saying that it won't be. it will be the exact same as group play. The very same people that pulls all nighter doing rat runs and placing on the leaderboards, these very same people will be running SSF all night long and you will no where catch upto them. They will have higher augments, higher paragons, more keys for g-rift fishing, more bounty mats for better rolls on gears all of these giving them an advantage over you. (I am not even going to mention botting here which is another layer that would further distance your spot on the leaderboards). Unless the root cause of the problem is fixed in this game, adding a SSF mode will do absolutely nothing. Given the current context of the game let me give you a dead clear picture of what would happen in the SSF mode. People would make an alt account, bot the !@#$ out of it, while they do rat runs on their other account. Then they bot on their group account while they do grs on their SSF account and vice versa. So an honest SSF player will be so far behind even after 4-5 days of the start of an SSF mode, that it would make absolutely jack %^-* of a difference. now if you say that you are only going to sleep 1-2 hrs every night to beat bots, then good for you. But, let me ask you at what cost ? you would literally kill yourself. Even if you have two people playing on the same account you still won't be able to beat a bot.

I don't need it at all. But it seems like it would mean a lot to other people, and I can see where they're coming from.

06/06/2019 01:16 PMPosted by Melisandre
The moment regular people with a job goes to bed in the night, and the people who continues to play all night with only 1-2 hrs of sleep, or people who play solo for a finite duration - do you honestly think the leaderboards would be even ?

I have a job. I go to bed at night. I only play solo. I play a fair amount, but certainly not all the time, and usually in bursts-- sometimes I don't play at all for weeks or months. I'm currently 16th on the leaderboards, at about 2400 paragon.

And bots are bad, yes. But it's Blizz's job to catch botters and ban them. If your argument is really "Bots ruin the game so much that you just shouldn't play", well, then I suggest you follow your own advice.
06/06/2019 01:34 PMPosted by Rage

I don't need it at all. But it seems like it would mean a lot to other people, and I can see where they're coming from.

The moment regular people with a job goes to bed in the night, and the people who continues to play all night with only 1-2 hrs of sleep, or people who play solo for a finite duration - do you honestly think the leaderboards would be even ?

I have a job. I go to bed at night. I only play solo. I play a fair amount, but certainly not all the time, and usually in bursts-- sometimes I don't play at all for weeks or months. I'm currently 16th on the leaderboards, at about 2400 paragon.

And bots are bad, yes. But it's Blizz's job to catch botters and ban them. If your argument is really "Bots ruin the game so much that you just shouldn't play", well, then I suggest you follow your own advice.

No, the argument is "bots ruin the LEADERBOARDS, so any other changes they make before committing to removing botters is pointless."

Believe it or not, it IS possible to play and have fun without caring about the leaderboards.
this is only true at the beginning of a solo self found mode. The moment regular people with a job goes to bed in the night, and the people who continues to play all night with only 1-2 hrs of sleep, or people who play solo for a finite duration - do you honestly think the leaderboards would be even ? now extrapolate this same trend through out the entire course of the season. Someone playing non stop through out all week and one playing on avg 2-3 hrs a day, how will one compete with that ? Do you not see a problem right there? the disparity in gr clear in the leaderboard will be huge. You are basically replicating the current leaderboard under a different system with the same inherent problem. To me this just sounds like a faint cry for your own epeen to be able to be placed on a leaderboard just because you don't want to group play or is it the meta you don't enjoy ? If you want to no-life the solo leaderboard so you have a chance to be on the top can you not do the same with Group play ?

Thanks for your interest in this topic Melisandre. Diablo 3 is setup in a way that people that play in groups can clear higher greater rifts and also faster than in solo players. Therefore, they can get XP faster and higher gem levels then solo players. It's setup in a way that people in groups find more gear and can trade that gear whereas solo players cant. Groups are way more efficient in pretty much every aspect of the game.

We are looking for a level playing field for solo players over these benefits of grouping. I completely understand bots, people who play more, people who share their accounts, etc, are going to be higher on the leaderboards. No competition is completely 100% even. It's the nature of competition. Someone who plays nonstop should be more powerful and be higher on the leaderboards. The problem is when someone who plays solo nonstop has very little chance against someone who plays half that time in efficient groups. This is what we're trying to eliminate. Not the competition itself.

I'll use RAGE as an example in this case. He said he plays 100% solo. He's currently very high on the solo Barb leaderboards. many people who play solo still make it on the leaderboards in this current game. We're just looking for a more level playing field for these players to compete in a place where everyone is playing solo. Does this make since and answer your questions?

This is a good video explaining the reason we want a solo realm and the problems with grouping. I highly recommend watching it if you really want to know why I don't like grouping anymore.
https://youtu.be/nPCHJYvAJJ4

I'd also like to add that I'm NEVER going to be #1 on the leaderboards. That's not my ambition. I just want to have fun playing this game in a solo realm.

Unless the root cause of the problem is fixed in this game, adding a SSF mode will do absolutely nothing.

This game may have a lot of problems. I'd love for the boting and cheating the be eliminated. This is not a reason not to have a solo realm.

There is one thing that creating a solo realm would absolutely fix. This can't be denied. It would create a realm for people to play and compete solo that never had the benefits of group play. Their are countless benefits to group play that I only touched on a few at the start of this post. Why not give people a way to play the way they like? What's the harm in this?

The people that want to compete by no lifeing the game can do so. They just won't get the benefits of group play. That's all. I don't care if they no life the game and get higher greater rift clears than me. That's great. This is competition. What they wouldn't be able to do is grind paragon 100x faster in a group and then jump on a so called SOLO leaderboard and reap the benefits of that group play. Do you see a difference?

06/06/2019 06:01 PMPosted by Orrion
No, the argument is "bots ruin the LEADERBOARDS, so any other changes they make before committing to removing botters is pointless."

Believe it or not, it IS possible to play and have fun without caring about the leaderboards.

This isn't all about the leaderboards. Competing is a huge part of the fun in this game but it's not all about this.

One thing that makes the game fun (at least for me) is doing things as fast and efficient as possible. Being so overpowered that it feels almost as if you broke the game. It's getting harder and harder to find good groups with the shrinking player base. It is what it is. I have no fun logging in during the day and seeing hardly anybody on and taking a half hour to find a meta group. This is no fun.

Yes, I can grind solo. But then I just feel like I'm falling behind everyone who has efficient groups. Then I log in at night and just carry people in pub games, and get kicked out of the elite groups because I'm not using third party map hacks so can't support, I'm not using macros, so can't play the meta wiz DPS. Grouping at this point in Diablo3 is just no fun.

We need a solo realm to make this game fun again.
If you want competition play a skill based game not a slot machine simulator .
Offline exists on consoles and it's glorious. No lag, no wait times, no rubber banding, and you get a solo only leader board. Sounds like you need to just buy a Nintendo Switch, go to your local gamestop and get d3 for like 15 bucks. I suggest the blackweb glass screen protector from Walmart, it comes with an applicator so you can't install it wrong. To hell with Windows gaming.
06/11/2019 05:14 AMPosted by PonyKiller
Offline exists on consoles and it's glorious. No lag, no wait times, no rubber banding, and you get a solo only leader board. Sounds like you need to just buy a Nintendo Switch, go to your local gamestop and get d3 for like 15 bucks. I suggest the blackweb glass screen protector from Walmart, it comes with an applicator so you can't install it wrong. To hell with Windows gaming.

Offline the way the console does it also means hacked items and profiles.
Here's an idea that might work for everyone and would be easy to implement, kind of a meet in the middle sort of thing. Although I haven't read the entire 10 page thread and might be off here but I am assuming the main problem to be the relative unassailability of the solo boards by purely solo players. Just move the attainment and upgrade possibility of all legendary gems into solo GR's only. Presto- solo players now have a leg up and no disability as far as gems, while multiplayers still have the ease of paragon and better drop potential that goes along with all the meta.

I haven't put more than a couple minutes thought into this, so am probably missing something of grave importance here, but whatdya think, doing some solo rifts ain't gonna kill ya...or is it?
people act like bots would not be in a solo realm
Yes, I forgot about zBots. Bots don't do hardcore do they? We must all move to HC!
06/11/2019 05:05 PMPosted by InThayne
Yes, I forgot about zBots. Bots don't do hardcore do they? We must all move to HC!

they do
Game is so dead, it pretty much is solo mode.

The solo leaderboards wouldnt be full either :) I sincerely doubt youd find 1000 players willing to play under restrictions like that ...

Another thing you seem to be missing is that all those advantages you listed are not directly tied to people playing in groups, but to the efficiency of farming. Which means that :
- if youre good enough you can be close enough to the people farming in groups that the advantage is limited (which really isnt even an argument, just simple math)
- you have no guarantee anyone playing solo in your imaginary mode is not pushing the limits and will not get that kind of advantage over you ANYWAY
06/14/2019 01:39 AMPosted by Skyfall
The solo leaderboards wouldnt be full either :) I sincerely doubt youd find 1000 players willing to play under restrictions like that ...

Hey Skyfall, thanks for the post. You might be right about the number of players interested in a solo realm. We'll never know if they don't implement it into the game though. I don't see a problem here though. Even if most people never play in this realm, it'd still be great for the many people that would love it, and it's not hard to implement.

06/14/2019 01:39 AMPosted by Skyfall

Another thing you seem to be missing is that all those advantages you listed are not directly tied to people playing in groups, but to the efficiency of farming. Which means that :
- if youre good enough you can be close enough to the people farming in groups that the advantage is limited (which really isnt even an argument, just simple math)
- you have no guarantee anyone playing solo in your imaginary mode is not pushing the limits and will not get that kind of advantage over you ANYWAY

I disagree with your assessment of the disadvantages of playing solo and competing with people who have played in groups. People who play with good efficient groups have many advantages over solo players.

Some group benefits as listed in these threads: Not my words. Direct copy pastes:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20761017230
palatinae writes "More exp per hour. More buffs if you have a balanced group of various classes. The dps can gear more glass cannon-ish knowing the tank(s) will support them (and the tanks can be more tanky knowing the dps will kill stuff faster)."

Graveheart wrtes:
"In addition, drop rate chances are increased by the number of active players and in-game trading is allowed for a limited time between them, which greatly benefits from farming with the same character class. Mention in chat what you need and other players can help you out if they don't need it by dropping it on the ground in town."

https://www.diabloii.net/blog/comments/blizzard-on-solo-vs-multiplayer-exp-bonuses
This site talks about the advantages of group XP over solo players XP. It also lists that blizzard designed the game this way. This is fine that they designed the game this way but why not give people an option to also only play solo and compete solo with like minded people? It's not going to cost much and is as simple as just creating another realm and just eliminating the ability to group. It's not hard.

Also I think these advantages are clear:
Groups can clear higher greater rifts which increase their gem levels and power. They can also get higher augments which increase their power. They can be carried and shear gear. They get better XP and can speed farm higher greater rifts faster then even the most efficient solo players. Efficient groups can gain infinitely more XP then efficient solo players. I'm not comparing pub groups with efficient solo players here. That's not what I'm comparing.

If you don't see these as advantages, we're just going to have to agree to disagree and that's cool.
06/12/2019 07:47 PMPosted by Eclipse
Game is so dead, it pretty much is solo mode.

This makes me lol. I don't disagree that the game is dying but this is one of the reasons we want this realm even more now. It's explained a little in the video. Anyway, the down vote isn't mine. :)

Has nothing to do with being 'competitive.' Your definition of 'competitive' is the issue, not the game structure.

Everyone will be in the same boat and it will be a level playing field.

Equality of outcome isn't competitive, nor does it breed competition.

Some people aren't ment to be on leaderboard, for any number of reasons. If you're one of those players you can get better and put more time in or not and continue along waiting for the company to try and fix a player issue not a game issue.
Has nothing to do with being 'competitive.' Your definition of 'competitive' is the issue, not the game structure.

Please give me your definition of competition? Google defines it as
"1. relating to or characterized by competition.​"
"​2. as good as or better than others of a comparable nature.​"​

​The leaderboards are comparing characters by ranking their Greater Rift clears. Sounds like a competition to me.

06/15/2019 03:47 AMPosted by jay
Equality of outcome isn't competitive, nor does it breed competition.

Some people aren't ment to be on leaderboard, for any number of reasons. If you're one of those players you can get better and put more time in or not and continue along waiting for the company to try and fix a player issue not a game issue.

I never mentioned equality of outcome anywhere and I agree that trying to get some kind of "equality of outcome" doesn't breed competition. I'm not looking for "equality of OUTCOME", I'm looking for an equal playing field for people to compete in, that want to play solo. A solo leaderboards that is full of characters that don't play SOLO is not a solo leaderboards. That's completely different and if you can't understand that, than maybe you don't understand competition.

You don't put people in groups competing against individuals in any competition. Two tennis players playing against one. Two basketball players playing against one. Give me one example where you have a group of people playing against one individual and it would be the exception that proves the rule.

Also, you clearly didn't read anything I wrote. Rage is very high on the barb solo leaderboards right now. I've been on the solo leaderboards in season and non, in SC and HC. It's not just about the leaderboards, It's way more then this.
04/19/2019 10:49 AMPosted by Maximus
If there was a separate solo realm in this game, like their is a HC and SC realm, I would enjoy this game and play it significantly more.

As much as i would love this, it would be hard to implement (Due to the old system, they even had issues with adding stash tabs, think about it, whats more complex what your asking, or adding 2 pages to a stash. It would be nearly impossible to implement this.) and at this point, this request is a lost cause.