Can we finally get SOLO mode implemented into the game?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next
Seems like it would still be easier to just make a few friends
No, cuzz bots. /thread.

If you want more, because there are limited resources. I would not want time/money/effort being used for this when there are WAY too many other QoL and gameplay changes that MORE people would want.

I would not mind filters in the LBs. I would vote for that but not over other things.
Also, before we get a "Solo player only who may or may not have botted or account shared" filter, I would want set or left/right click used skills filters.

AFA offline mode, I would like to see that around the day D4 gets released. By then, people who really want to try D3, still, will purchase it. People who have owned it for years, like most of us, can try mods.
05/05/2019 12:23 PMPosted by Bloodthroe
Golf is not a competitive sport. Sure, professionals who are getting paid by sponsors will take the game seriously, but the average person plays golf in order to relax.
Probably one of the dumbest statements in the history of the world.
05/05/2019 04:56 PMPosted by Coco
This is what you sound like...... I need solo mode so I can show off my lil epeen and be on the leaderboards. I can’t get on the leaderboards solo the way it is now, because I suck, and I want the solo high clears to be lower so I can get on there. Waaaah waahhhhh.....please let me show off my epeen even though it’s so small.
Your response is moronic. Keep this kind of crap to yourself.
05/05/2019 05:36 PMPosted by RuneThor
Offline mode would solve all of this since blizzard won't do !@#$ to fix this game. I'd love to see some graphics mods. And most of all I'd love to play this game after greedy bastards shut down the servers.
That's got nothing to do with Solo mode. Don't try to derail the damn thread with your own pet peeve. Click the buttons and make your own thread.
05/07/2019 01:56 PMPosted by Cobaltus
Note that this would never work with nonseasonal characters, since the nonseasonal shared stash is permanent, and there's no way at this point to know if a nonseasonal character grouped with others or not. It would only work with future seasons and seasonal characters.
Of course it would, but it would have to be limited to a single character. For example, on character creation, if the non-Seasonal account already contained a Solo Only character, the game would give an error dialog saying that there can only be one Solo Only character active per account, and to create a new one, the previous one will have to be deleted, along with all its gear, gold, and Paragon levels.
05/07/2019 01:58 PMPosted by Prology
Seems like it would still be easier to just make a few friends
You must be responding to a different thread. Your reply makes no sense whatsoever.
05/07/2019 02:18 PMPosted by ViolateThis
No, cuzz bots. /thread.
This, and the remainder of your reply is nonsense. If you want to make these kinds of suggestions, create your own thread. As far as applying to this thread, you might as will be giving flyfishing instructions to a guy who's looking for the procedure to change the camshaft on a 1964 Volvo 122.

You guys keep using the term SSF, which is a redundancy. If you have a Solo Only mode, then it is a given that anything that character finds will be found by itself, without the opportunity to gain anything provided by any other character. So saying that a character is "Solo Self Found" is like saying, "ATM machine," which means "Automatic Teller Machine machine." So from here on out, let's get this right, okay? It's a "Solo Only" mode, and not a SSF mode.

As far as implementation goes, note that on character creation there is already the option to choose Hard-core, Seasonal, and Seasonal Hard-core.

In order to implement a Solo Only mode, developers would only have to take the code from one of these functions, change some wording and a few variables, then allocate additional stash and Armory storage space for the character. It wouldn't be that hard to do, and a pair programmers could probably do it in one or two days. The biggest problem would be the additional sever storage space required.

Like I said before, if we have a dedicated Solo character, then there must be a Solo Leaderboard where these characters can rank against each other, and not against "Solo" characters who have been developed in a four-man meta-group with Paragon levels in the thousands, and Legendary gem ranks in the hundreds. Solo characters would be compared only to other Solo characters, so players could get an idea of how their characters are actually performing. Non-Solo characters would never be able to place on the Solo Only Leaderboard, even if they play solo and achieve a higher clear than the top Solo Only player.
05/07/2019 02:55 PMPosted by Slamboney
You guys keep using the term SSF, which is a redundancy. If you have a Solo Only mode, then it is a given that anything that character finds will be found by itself, without the opportunity to gain anything provided by any other character.
Not true when the term was created. A hero could never play with others but could still be able to use gear stored in the stash from another hero that did play with others.

A solo mode would not share stash space with non-solo heroes. So yes, in that one case the term would be redundant.

I didn't start this movement but I've been supporting it in anyway that I could since the beginning. It started out as just a group of people playing the current modes that wanted to compare their solo only progression. They added the "Self Found" part to make it clear that it was to be a solo only effort, no loop holes.
05/07/2019 06:30 AMPosted by Maximus
Thank you everyone for your comments.

I'd like to expand our discussion a little. I don't know the first thing about programming, servers, etc. I didn't see in this thread and can't think of a logical reason why not to implement a SSF realm. The only reason I can think of is the costs of having another realm because of the server space or something like this. Can someone more knowledgeable in this area (preferably someone who wants to see this in the game) speak objectively to the technical challenges of implementing this? What am I missing here? Why would Blizzard be so against this in regards to the technical aspects of implementing it?

Hopefully we moved past some of these trolls around here. I'd like to bring this back up to see if anybody can speak to technical issues with implementing a SSF realm. How hard would it be to add this to the game?

Oh, yeah, the trolls are gone.. y’know, except for you. ‘Cause if that sarcastic rant wasn’t you trolling then I’m not sure what it was.
05/07/2019 02:55 PMPosted by Slamboney

You guys keep using the term SSF, which is a redundancy. If you have a Solo Only mode, then it is a given that anything that character finds will be found by itself, without the opportunity to gain anything provided by any other character. So saying that a character is "Solo Self Found" is like saying, "ATM machine," which means "Automatic Teller Machine machine." So from here on out, let's get this right, okay? It's a "Solo Only" mode, and not a SSF mode.

As far as implementation goes, note that on character creation there is already the option to choose Hard-core, Seasonal, and Seasonal Hard-core.

In order to implement a Solo Only mode, developers would only have to take the code from one of these functions, change some wording and a few variables, then allocate additional stash and Armory storage space for the character. It wouldn't be that hard to do, and a pair programmers could probably do it in one or two days. The biggest problem would be the additional sever storage space required.

Like I said before, if we have a dedicated Solo character, then there must be a Solo Leaderboard where these characters can rank against each other, and not against "Solo" characters who have been developed in a four-man meta-group with Paragon levels in the thousands, and Legendary gem ranks in the hundreds. Solo characters would be compared only to other Solo characters, so players could get an idea of how their characters are actually performing. Non-Solo characters would never be able to place on the Solo Only Leaderboard, even if they play solo and achieve a higher clear than the top Solo Only player.

You have the reading comp of a Mike and Ike.

Ill dumb it down for you.

Bots = LBs NEVER matter unless they totally eliminate the problem.

If all you want is to compare your solo self to other solo players, a filter will do just fine.

You want Activision to spend money on servers just for this? GTFO.

Posted by Slamboney

Like I said before, if we have a dedicated Solo character, then there must be a Solo Leaderboard.

Thanks Cobaltus, for your detailed write up and to everyone else for your contributions, even you Orrion.

There seems to be a multiple terms and ideas for this realm. This isn't a new idea but the vision I had for this solo realm was basically described above perfectly by Slamboney. However, I had one difference in mind. We current have 4 realms, Seasonal SC, Seasonal HC, nonseasonal SC and nonseasonal HC. Each have their own stash and they are distinct and separated.

My idea is to just create two-four more realms that behave exactly like all the others. Basically named SOLO Seasonal SC, SOLO seasonal HC and they would convert to SOLO nonseasonal SC, SOLO nonseasonal HC. The ONLY difference between these realms and the current ones is that the characters in those realms can't group with other players.

Therefore, one could create multiple solo characters in the solo realm. The characters would all share the same stash space like in the current game. They can share gear between them just like the current game. The only difference is that they can not group with others. This to me seems like the easiest and simplest solution.

Basically, any situation you can think of will behave exactly the same as in the current game. Just create a new solo realm by copying the code of the current realms and change one variable. No grouping with others. What do you guys think?
Max
This wouldn't even need a separate realm, all that is required is to limit group size to 1 on that character and make a separate leaderboard. Limit stash to that character. Would support this as well, especially a great way for anyone to break up things between seasons and measure how you are doing by yourself against others.
05/08/2019 01:13 PMPosted by Fox
This wouldn't even need a separate realm, all that is required is to limit group size to 1 on that character and make a separate leaderboard. Limit stash to that character. Would support this as well, especially a great way for anyone to break up things between seasons and measure how you are doing by yourself against others.

What's up Fox,
so, in this scenario, each character would have their own stash? It sounds more expensive and with more complicated coding than creating a totally separate realm to me. Could you create more than 1 solo character?
05/07/2019 03:25 PMPosted by Orrion
Oh, yeah, the trolls are gone..

Why are you even trying to reason with them? They don't admit that game has no serious player interaction, anything that can be shared between teams are insignificant because gambling offers you the same chance. There are two gamble machines at the middle of the town already and people exchanging items bothered you all?
Additionally, networking or teamwork, just like in real life, supposed to get you somewhere. If they can not get over that fact, who are you to each them?
They don't even reason with you, aren't you reading so far? Stick around for a laugh only.

Alkaizer wanted this mod, because he's a "top player". I only find it hilarious, neither of you are hitting up leaderboards regularly, and still hate leveling up process; yet asking for solo mode like it would convince people to not bot. I assure you, just because there's a horrid process of leveling up to lvl70 all by yourself everytime, you'll see more botters than not.
05/09/2019 06:43 AMPosted by naksiloth
05/07/2019 03:25 PMPosted by Orrion
Oh, yeah, the trolls are gone..

Why are you even trying to reason with them? They don't admit that game has no serious player interaction, anything that can be shared between teams are insignificant because gambling offers you the same chance. There are two gamble machines at the middle of the town already and people exchanging items bothered you all?
Additionally, networking or teamwork, just like in real life, supposed to get you somewhere. If they can not get over that fact, who are you to each them?
They don't even reason with you, aren't you reading so far? Stick around for a laugh only.

Alkaizer wanted this mod, because he's a "top player". I only find it hilarious, neither of you are hitting up leaderboards regularly, and still hate leveling up process; yet asking for solo mode like it would convince people to not bot. I assure you, just because there's a horrid process of leveling up to lvl70 all by yourself everytime, you'll see more botters than not.

Thanks for your post naksiloth. I'd like to start off by saying I fully respect your opinion but wanted to see if you could have a reasonable debate unlike the person your trying to defend. One issue with this is that you must of course present opinions with at least some kind of logic to defend your position in order to be able to debate those opinions.

Otherwise, it's considered more trolling. Here is a definition of trolling:
" troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community "

I'm not here to fight. Lets have a logical conversation about a solo realm. Here is my post regarding the points I see in your post. Please rebut them:

"don't admit that game has no serious player interaction" This is an opinion, so I can't debate this point. There's no reasoning in this at all either to debate with. Plus if this was true, wouldn't a solo mode be even more important?

"anything that can be shared between teams are insignificant because gambling offers you the same chance." and "people exchanging items bothered you all?"
This makes no sense. Group players can gamble too right? Plus Group players are more efficient in grinding paragon, have higher gems, and the least of these issues is what you mention here, which is shearing gear. We have fun with the competitive aspect of this game and want to have a competitive solo leaderboard. Having a solo mode is the only way to that end.

Alkaizer: So to have fun in a competition you have to be the #1 player? This doesn't make any sense to me. regardless of how often I'm on the leaderboards, it doesn't change the fact that having a solo realm would be more competitive for solo payers. I don't see how often I'm on the leaderboards changes this fact? Plus, the fact is, I am on the leaderboards, several times in seasons and non season, as if that mattered anyway.

"and still hate leveling up process": Who said they hate the leveling process? And what does this have to do at all with having a SOLO realm? Fact is, on the first night of the season, anyone can level a character in about the same amount of time wither in a group or solo. Under 4 hours for sure, but probably closer to 3. What's the point you're trying to make here?

Bots: Please see all the other posts about this. no need to recreate the wheel here.
05/09/2019 07:25 AMPosted by Maximus
Plus if this was true, wouldn't a solo mode be even more important?

No?

Group players can gamble too right?

You can not share gambled items with others.

Here is a definition of trolling:

I'm having a hard time following your debate and arguments since all you ever did was ignoring points and insisting on the same thing with a circular logic.

Alkaizer: So to have fun in a competition you have to be the #1 player?

Alk wanted game to be balanced around top players, while game is not even competitive on its own. If there'd be real trading or PvP, may people would take his idea more seriously.

Plus Group players are more efficient in grinding paragon, have higher gems,

That's the point of being grouped up. You ask for soft-capping your progress, yet want a separate leaderboard despite bots will out-do you no matter what? You have a solo leaderboard already.

Under 4 hours for sure, but probably closer to 3. What's the point you're trying to make here?

So that supposed to attract players while they can speedfarm more reliably and efficiently in a group, let along GR push and gem level-ups? When you realize that, you'd demand bounties and rifts to change to please your conformities.

What purpose does that serve again? If you don't feel like competing with others, that only boils down to you ignoring leaderboards or comparing yourself with solo leaderboards only. Paragon level is not a huge pushing force when clearing solo.
05/09/2019 07:30 AMPosted by naksiloth
Plus if this was true, wouldn't a solo mode be even more important?

No?

Group players can gamble too right?

Here is a definition of trolling:

I'm having a hard time following your debate and arguments since all you ever did was ignoring points and insisting on the same thing with a circular logic.

Alkaizer: So to have fun in a competition you have to be the #1 player?

Alk wanted game to be balanced around top players, while game is not even competitive on its own. If there'd be real trading or PvP, may people would take his idea more seriously.

That's the point of being grouped up. You ask for soft-capping your progress, yet want a separate leaderboard despite bots will out-do you no matter what? You have a solo leaderboard already.

Under 4 hours for sure, but probably closer to 3. What's the point you're trying to make here?

So that supposed to attract players while they can speedfarm more reliably and efficiently in a group, let along GR push and gem level-ups? When you realize that, you'd demand bounties and rifts to change to please your conformities.

What purpose does that serve again? If you don't feel like competing with others, that only boils down to you ignoring leaderboards or comparing yourself with solo leaderboards only. Paragon level is not a huge pushing force when clearing solo.

For argument's sake, even thought I don't understand what you even mean by it nor what it has to do at all with having a solo realm. I'll agree with your statement about serious player interaction. "don't admit that game has no serious player interaction"

I want a have a solo realm. Do you want one? If not, what is the point in this statement? and how does it relate to your argument of why we shouldn't have a solo realm?

The purpose of this thread is to have blizzard implement a solo realm for us players who want it. Every point and argument presented is to this end. Your point regarding gambling
"shared between teams are insignificant because gambling offers you the same chance. There are two gamble machines at the middle of the town already and people exchanging items bothered you all?"

Exchanging items between people in a group realm doesn't bother me at all. I give away a lot of items to people. This wouldn't be in a solo realm.

follow on point
"You can not share gambled items with others, they're account bound the moment you land a legendary. I have no idea what's your darn point. You can only toss items you looted for the group within' 2 hours frame and you have to find a legendary that someone else needed."

ok, great points. How does this fit in with having a solo realm? Do you want one a solo realm? If not, how does this statement relate to your argument of why we shouldn't have a solo realm?

"Alk wanted game to be balanced around top players, while game is not even competitive on its own. If there'd be real trading or PvP may people would take his idea more seriously. Game is not even near being competitive and you're acting like it's an e-sport."

I agree, this game is not an e-sport. I also want this game to be balanced for top players. A solo realm would be more competitive for TOP SOLO players. I have no opinion on real trading in this game but I would also love to see some real PvP in the group realm but this is outside the topic of this thread. You're more then welcome to create another thread to discuss that topic, and I'll fully support it.

Posted by Maximus

"That's the point of being grouped up. You ask for soft-capping your progress, yet want a separate leaderboard despite bots will out-do you no matter what?"

This is what makes the group realm not competitive for SOLO only players. I don't want a soft cap on progress in this realm at all and I never said anything suggesting this at all. I want a completely separate realm all together for us solo players. Cheaters will always be apart of life. This is apart of life and I'll give you that point completely.

Posted by Maximus

your post
"So that supposed to attract players while they can speedfarm more reliably and efficiently in a group, let along GR push and gem level-ups?

What purpose does that serve again? If you don't feel like competing with others, that only boils down to you ignoring leaderboards or comparing yourself with solo leaderboards only."

I'm not attacking anyone. Group players can play the way they like all day long. The point in this thread is asking for a solo realm so we can do just what you said. have a "solo leaderboards only"
05/09/2019 08:22 AMPosted by Maximus
ok, great points. How does this fit in with having a solo realm?

It's as relevant as group players gambling for the sake of gambling. That was a digress on your part.

I don't want a soft cap on progress in this realm

Players can only clear GRs as much as their solo class potential, that's your soft-cap. You're making class imbalances even more important by asking a ridiculous thing.
If highest rewards are given at highest GR, then everyone will play the most capable class and ignore others then you'll whine again about class balances that no one give a flying flick about because this game supposed to be played in groups.

Same thing can be applied to the gem levelling attempts, bounties... Example ad infinitum.

Some classes only excel at speedfarm, some classes excel at GR clears; asking for solo-only leaderboards, would make such GR clearing classes shine further. If you can ignore leaderboards after solo-mode applied; why not do that now and ignore the whole leaderboards altogether?

I also want this game to be balanced for top players.

And we all said a non-comp game wouldn't handle this, nor anyone would show effort. Bots, class imbalances, farming efficiency, loss of powerleveling, loss of even minimal player interaction; all shout that kinda mode shouldn't even exist.
There's no real trading or PvP interaction to make group play and power gap, a major problem.
However, the model you're asking will make class imbalances a major flaw that affect the gameplay of such measurements and won't ease anything about botters.

What were your excuses again? Balancing it for top players only? Sorry to ask, what was your placement on leaderboards last season? If you want something because you want something, that's not a good reasoning to begin with.

I strongly suggest you to send mails to the developers rather than insisting and trolling on same thing, despite being given points. So many people dismissed and negative towards your idea after all these years. I'd expect you to take a smidge of hint. You have a solo GR leaderboard already, if you wanna be competitive compare yourself to it and only to it.
ok, great points. How does this fit in with having a solo realm?

It's as relevant as group players gambling for the sake of gambling. That was a digress on your part.

I don't want a soft cap on progress in this realm

Players can only clear GRs as much as their solo potential. You're making class imbalances even more important by asking a ridiculous thing.
If highest rewards are given at highest GR, then everyone will play the most capable class and ignore others then you'll whine again about class balances that no one give a flying flick about. Examples ad infinitum.

I also want this game to be balanced for top players.

And we all said a non-comp game wouldn't handle this, nor anyone would show effort. I strongly suggest you to send mails to the developers rather than insisting on the same thing despite being given points.

Great points naksiloth. I never argued about class imbalances. Wanting the game to be balanced is not mutually exclusive with wanting a solo realm. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the merits of having a solo realm. Take care brother.
05/09/2019 07:30 AMPosted by naksiloth

No?

For argument's sake, even thought I don't understand what you even mean by it nor what it has to do at all with having a solo realm. I'll agree with your statement about serious player interaction. "don't admit that game has no serious player interaction"

I want a have a solo realm. Do you want one? If not, what is the point in this statement? and how does it relate to your argument of why we shouldn't have a solo realm?

The purpose of this thread is to have blizzard implement a solo realm for us players who want it. Every point and argument presented is to this end. Your point regarding gambling
"shared between teams are insignificant because gambling offers you the same chance. There are two gamble machines at the middle of the town already and people exchanging items bothered you all?"

Exchanging items between people in a group realm doesn't bother me at all. I give away a lot of items to people. This wouldn't be in a solo realm.

follow on point
"You can not share gambled items with others, they're account bound the moment you land a legendary. I have no idea what's your darn point. You can only toss items you looted for the group within' 2 hours frame and you have to find a legendary that someone else needed."

ok, great points. How does this fit in with having a solo realm? Do you want one a solo realm? If not, how does this statement relate to your argument of why we shouldn't have a solo realm?

"Alk wanted game to be balanced around top players, while game is not even competitive on its own. If there'd be real trading or PvP may people would take his idea more seriously. Game is not even near being competitive and you're acting like it's an e-sport."

I agree, this game is not an e-sport. I also want this game to be balanced for top players. A solo realm would be more competitive for TOP SOLO players. I have no opinion on real trading in this game but I would also love to see some real PvP in the group realm but this is outside the topic of this thread. You're more then welcome to create another thread to discuss that topic, and I'll fully support it.

Posted by Maximus

"That's the point of being grouped up. You ask for soft-capping your progress, yet want a separate leaderboard despite bots will out-do you no matter what?"

This is what makes the group realm not competitive for SOLO only players. I don't want a soft cap on progress in this realm at all and I never said anything suggesting this at all. I want a completely separate realm all together for us solo players. Cheaters will always be apart of life. This is apart of life and I'll give you that point completely.

Posted by Maximus

your post
"So that supposed to attract players while they can speedfarm more reliably and efficiently in a group, let along GR push and gem level-ups?

What purpose does that serve again? If you don't feel like competing with others, that only boils down to you ignoring leaderboards or comparing yourself with solo leaderboards only."

I'm not attacking anyone. Group players can play the way they like all day long. The point in this thread is asking for a solo realm so we can do just what you said. have a "solo leaderboards only"

Quoted for wall of text. Seems like the thing to do in this thread now.

Time to lock it down.
[quote="207702377498"][quote="207703777501"]<span class="truncated">...</span>

Quoted for wall of text. Seems like the thing to do in this thread now.

Time to lock it down.

Terrible point Don. Please Troll someplace else.
Considering you completely edited your post. I'll reply to it again.

Here's the vision I have for this realm which I posted before.
My idea is to just create two-four more realms that behave exactly like all the others. Basically named SOLO Seasonal SC, SOLO seasonal HC and they would convert to SOLO nonseasonal SC, SOLO nonseasonal HC. The ONLY difference between these realms and the current ones is that the characters in those realms can't group with other players.

Therefore, one could create multiple solo characters in the solo realm. The characters would all share the same stash space like in the current game. They can share gear between them just like the current game. The only difference is that they can not group with others. This to me seems like the easiest and simplest solution.

Basically, any situation you can think of will behave exactly the same as in the current game. I'm not asking to do away with the group realms. We should give people a way to play the way they want. People who want this can still do this.

Players can only clear GRs as much as their solo class potential, that's your soft-cap. You're making class imbalances even more important by asking a ridiculous thing.
If highest rewards are given at highest GR, then everyone will play the most capable class and ignore others then you'll whine again about class balances that no one give a flying flick about because this game supposed to be played in groups.

Same thing can be applied to the gem levelling attempts, bounties... Example ad infinitum.

Some classes only excel at speedfarm, some classes excel at GR clears; asking for solo-only leaderboards, would make such GR clearing classes shine further. If you can ignore leaderboards after solo-mode applied; why not do that now and ignore the whole leaderboards altogether?

Class imbalances will be the same in the SOLO as they are in the GROUP realms. Someone can use whatever classes they want, and for whatever aspect of the game they want in both the solo and group realms. Therefore, lets say DH's are best at speed farming t17 Rift keys. Someone in the group and solo realm can create a DH to farm t17 keys. Lets say Crusaders have the highest solo clears. Someone can create a crusader to get the highest solo clears in both a group or solo realm. There is no difference between the realms in regards to class imbalances.

The difference between the class imbalances now in the group realm vs in a solo realm in regards to the leader boards is this. The players in the group realm can grind paragon infinitely more efficiently than solo players. They can also clear significantly higher greater rifts and do them much faster. This all makes these characters more powerful than a character that never groups with people. This has nothing to do with the inherent differences between the classes.

I believe I address your points. I'm not dismissing them at all. I already addressed the leaderboards. We can agree to disagree on the merits of having a solo realm without all the hate. Again, I'm not changing the game for you. You don't want to play in the solo realm, don't. Keep playing the game you like, the way it is.

Regarding your comments about being a top player. I must say that's a low blow. Trolling I would argue. I never said I was a top player. Please read through the thread. I said I enjoy the competition of this game. I am not a top player. I never will be. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy the competition.

We are asking for this solo realm because we want to play this way. This can all be cleared up with one post from Blizzard. They can easily say. We will never implement a solo realm and I will never bring it up again. They can say, we are looking into it and value your feedback and we can continue this discussion. ANY word from Blizzard would be greatly appreciated.
05/09/2019 06:43 AMPosted by naksiloth

Thanks for your post naksiloth. I'd like to start off by saying I fully respect your opinion but wanted to see if you could have a reasonable debate unlike the person your trying to defend. One issue with this is that you must of course present opinions with at least some kind of logic to defend your position in order to be able to debate those opinions.

Okay, let me ask you this:

Who debated more reasonably? The guy who largely based his argument on the Paragon level of the other guy's profile, or the guy who responded to the arguments actually being presented in the thread?

As far as logic goes.. here are the 2 pillars that I'm working from.
1) Cheating compromises the integrity of leaderboards. Since there are cheaters present in multiplayer leaderboards, it is logical to assume that there would be cheaters present in solo player leaderboards.
2) The more randomness you introduce to a competition, the less accurate and fair the results. D3 is a game where randomness rules everything. The leaderboards are drawn based on completion times of a timed trial. Said completion times are not only based upon player skill, but upon factors that they have increasingly less control over (not necessarily an all-inclusive list): Paragon level, gear, map layouts, mob layouts, and mob type.

Given all of these random factors, it is logical that the resulting leaderboard would not give a very accurate or fair assessment of placements. Combined with the presence of undeterred cheating, the logical conclusion is that any leaderboards are currently compromised and useless as a competitive barometer.

Tell me, Max, what part or parts of that you find illogical or difficult to understand. Without using any variation of the phrase "it's better than we have now," please.

Otherwise, it's considered more trolling. Here is a definition of trolling:
" troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community "

Ah, I see. So when you responded to me with that relentless tide of sarcastic trash, what you're saying is that you weren't being inflammatory or trying to start a quarrel with or upset me, and you weren't being digressive by not actually addressing the arguments being made.

Thanks for confirming you're a troll, sir.