Beast charges too much damage

General Discussion
Salvage/skeleton beasts do way more damage than last patch when they charge you. It's usually a one shot. I want to ask devs, is this intended or is this a bug?

Edit: Thanks for the response guys. But let me clarify. Maybe lower GR and if you play solo, yeah, dodging can be an option. But I'm talking about 4man 130+. That beast charge just 1-shot the wiz even if he's in the sanct and get all the z buff and heal. It wasn't like this in the previous patch.
Its easy to dodge. Stop trying to face tank everything.

Seriously though, IF they upped some damage from minions, they post about it with the patch notes.
04/02/2019 04:35 PMPosted by JohnTravolta
Salvage/skeleton beasts do way more damage than last patch when they charge you. It's usually a one shot. I want to ask devs, is this intended or is this a bug?

They're perfectly avoidable, so I'd say it's working as intended.
There's always a short animation before certain mobs attempt a powerful attack. Memorize them and dodge.
The only good Tusked Bogan is a dead Tusked Bogen! I really dislike them when they hide behind a wall or off screen some how and nail you from behind, while yelling "Dodge That You Fools!" The cowardly, dirty rotten, 4 legged scoundrels! ;)

Learn to dance JohnTravolta :-D
While charging enemies do give signs when they're about to charge, making them dodgeable, what is a huge issue is that they always snapcharge. Once they move, you can't dodge. It takes only one frame for them to move from their starting point to your character. One single frame.
Can you not disco dance away from them? :)
@JohnTravolta

U need to keep moving, boy!

Intended. Straight forward you have to dodge them by listening their groans. Else you better be sure you have enough vitality to endure a hit and keep damage mitigation buffs active or stack some reduced damage taken from melee% (secondary affix) equipment.

In case you're a potato at dodging I suggest you to stick with any potential short period invulnerability skill you got instead of straight mobility ones.
04/03/2019 05:51 AMPosted by Kirottu
While charging enemies do give signs when they're about to charge, making them dodgeable, what is a huge issue is that they always snapcharge. Once they move, you can't dodge. It takes only one frame for them to move from their starting point to your character. One single frame.

Not when slowed they will. Ever seen a charging beast while slowed? Its hilarious.
04/03/2019 07:22 AMPosted by DTMAce
Not when slowed they will.

Oh yeah that's a big help, I skipped that. One of the reasons why reduced damage from melee is a waste (ranged is better) if you can extend the slow effects at long range.
haha is fun how paragons 1600 or lower saying "dodge the charge" or something but u didnt get it.. when ur in a high gr (maybe 130 or more) and the map is full of !@#$ and mobs and there is a lot in the screen you cant see what is attacking you... and charger beast can one shot most of the characters even if they have all buff like IP or sanctuary and zmonk and zbarb stuff, sometimes you just cant avoid that because you need to make ur combo, ppl who says "avoid them" are low paragons who never have been in a gr 130+
The only problem I've ever had with them is that they can charge from offscreen or if they're below your ginormous UI where you can't see them, you're kinda screwed. I've never asked for the damage to be reduced, just the distance they can charge from, since it's easily far enough to be out of sight where you can't see the telegraph for obvious reasons.
These heavy hitters definitely feel bugged than previous patches. For those who commented dodging, the lowest tier john plays is 140, usually he plays on 4p 150 speeds. S. B/DARK berserker just 1 shots wiz on max defensive buffs. You can't dodge them during firing the rotations. The best supports can only body block to an extend.

Farm some 150s before replying dumb comments. It's a 7 year game, who doesn't know how to dodge damages?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU
04/03/2019 09:21 AMPosted by celtic08
Farm some 150s before replying dumb comments.

OP could have been more detailed and specific as there are so many posts about this and that monster and effect that does too much damage.
In a game where the difficulty is near endless, Minions can and will eventually 1 shot everyone.
Must nerf them all!!!

Games too easy, we need more difficult content....

Thus the circle we all see.

Play for a season or two, before asking the devs to change things to make it easier for you.
Have you done a gr 90 yet?

It will give you a whole new perspective.
Lately at higher rifts I have more hiding issues with the nightmarish ghouls or ghosts... you know the ones that seem to be life-suckers that give the WTF why your life is suddenly dropped massively and nothing is in sight then they come out of a wall.
Something huge to be said for only doing big GR maps.
That pretty much fixed that issue.