T16 Rift guardian

General Discussion
Hello,

Just cleared a T16 regular rift and the rift guardian dropped 2 rift keystones. I am also getting 3 to 4 DBs.

My thoughts, I dont think the rewards are worth the difficulty increase. I have a fire blast Wizz with well rolled gear; Priam Wand oh Woh etc and I cant efficiently clear the content on solo T16. It would take me a long time to clear it. My Wizzard would need to do about 4 times more damage to be able to clear the same way I can clear a T13.

The ancient greeds realm is a nice improvement. Although I think a primal puzzle ring should grant even more gobs or other unique benefits since its so rare.

Thanks to the dev team for this patch.

Sincerely,

Shawmeck
ohh si i saw it right!! it only droped 2 more keys... i cound not believe it, I thought I had seen wrong, and thats weird, it should not be like that
My main Wiz snowplows through the 80s GR's so I had no problem killing stuff.

But I agree on the actual rewards bit. I still see 3 DB's half the time at T16 and I thought elites should be dropping AT LEAST 4 100% of the time, with a chance for a 5th or 6th.

I got 3 keys dropped every time as well.

Not impressed. But I did get a little over 200mil gold from a regular vault on T16 so that should be a big help for early seasonals who are still gearing up.
It is as though blizzard don't understand or know what they are doing....who would have thought?
T16 wont be the most efficient way to farm for 98% of the playerbase like T13 also wasn't for a very long time.
People just play the highest difficulty without making up their mind what's most efficient.
Regarding rifts I have no problem with that, however the amount of bounty mats per hour I will get in a public bounty game will decrease because of the introduction of T16...
I had to make a new character, how are you guys even running T16 already lol

am i missing something obvious?
04/06/2019 04:35 AMPosted by Horrax
T16 wont be the most efficient way to farm for 98% of the playerbase like T13 also wasn't for a very long time.

ever thought of a maybe existing gaming concept, where an award has to cost a certain effort and time?

-maybe bounty mats and other mats that drop more, are just followed by the RNG, to keep the chance of success on cube actions exactly the same...(while just costing more mats)

-example one: T13 is needed to get the same drops as the earlier highest T10
-example two: the RNG at Kadala can be changed at will by the devs
04/06/2019 05:08 AMPosted by Grog

Yes, you are. There is a copy button below your character that will copy your current characters to the PTR for you to test. That way you don't have to start a new guy.
T16 wont be the most efficient way to farm for 98% of the playerbase like T13

Wow! So being that was a number pulled from you know where I'll pull one from my own: It's more likely 50% and being they will only play for a few days and leave after season starts they don't really count. So ultimately only 5% (or 0.01%) by the end of a season.

There's some but numbers.
As a Barbarian player, T16 is not viable for farming, WW is not able anymore to clear fast rift, without being 1000+ paragon + Caldesan. The other builds are slower, only charge barb can do something at speed farming, but the same, not at early seasonal or low Paragon/gear.
04/06/2019 07:01 AMPosted by PaBlEiToR
As a Barbarian player, T16 is not viable for farming, WW is not able anymore to clear fast rift, without being 1000+ paragon + Caldesan. The other builds are slower, only charge barb can do something at speed farming, but the same, not at early seasonal or low Paragon/gear.

Be P1000 than.
04/06/2019 05:51 AMPosted by GodofMagic
04/06/2019 05:08 AMPosted by Grog

Yes, you are. There is a copy button below your character that will copy your current characters to the PTR for you to test. That way you don't have to start a new guy.

cheers, will try that now
04/06/2019 07:52 AMPosted by Grog

cheers, will try that now

Lol it was my first PTR in a very long time as well, and I had the exact same thought. I was like HEY WHERE'S THE DAMN COPY BUTTON??

Just click on starting a new toon first, and when it's gonna take you to the "begin game" screen it will also have a COPY button at the bottom. It's very stupid though, why can't they put the button on the screen at the very beginning?
Think a few of us saw this coming. Rhyker and Bloodshed didn't seem excited about the extra torment levels and think it may fracture the community further by having the optimal farmers, farming at torment lvls between 13 and 16.

I think as people get adjusted, most players who do split bounties will gravitate to the optimal torment level. Same goes for DB and key farming.

I think those who wanted to petition for more challenge outside of GRs should instead of proposed to make regular rifts scale like GRs but just without the timer.
There is a copy button below your character that will copy your current characters to the PTR for you to test. That way you don't have to start a new guy.
Not if you want to play Season 17.

Season 16 has ended in this PTR, and all Seasonal characters have been converted to normal characters. That means when you copy your account over, you will have no Seasonal characters, and if you want to play Season 17, you'll have to create a new (level 1) Seasonal character, and start over at zero.

I started over at zero in Seasonal Hard-Core. The PTR is fairly useless for players who aren't going to play the Season in it.
I have seen so many great QoL suggestions over the years made by some great players that were completely ignored and most of those players you do not see much of other than in short bursts.

Maybe Blizzard should put a survey up if they actually care. It's not like companies with far less money to not employ market research teams. Then again if they did the last Blizzcon would not forever be labelled 'DisasterCon'.

I do not think there may be a correct answer for what the game needs anymore because even the owners no longer seem interested sadly.
04/06/2019 06:50 AMPosted by McCloud
T16 wont be the most efficient way to farm for 98% of the playerbase like T13

Wow! So being that was a number pulled from you know where I'll pull one from my own: It's more likely 50% and being they will only play for a few days and leave after season starts they don't really count. So ultimately only 5% (or 0.01%) by the end of a season.

There's some but numbers.

50%? no, just no.
i could join a t13 public game pre season 16 and carry the complete party in 98ish% of the cases. however I gathered more keys when I solo farmed t11-12.

It's no rocket science, if you clear t13 in 2min 30 sec (including rift close timer) on average you are better off farming t12 in 2min 15sec (including rift close timer)

for almost not a single player it was efficient to farm t13 pre season 16... however in some cases we're talking about only a few seconds each rift (and ofc the classes matter here as well, but not everyone played a dh in rifts...)
Since this will be the season everybody (but a few) plays a LoN build, I don't think t16 is going to be a problem.
04/07/2019 08:27 AMPosted by Stinkyfinger
Since this will be the season everybody (but a few) plays a LoN build, I don't think t16 is going to be a problem.

Nope. Give it a few weeks, nearly all the torment levels in the season will be a ghost town except T16.
OK, so I did a few more puzzle rings but this time I did them on T15 instead of T16. What I noticed was that the number of goblins that spawned went down as low as 12 goblins for the entire ancient vault. The third section of the level (with the stairs going down towards Baroness Greed had no goblins at all). I counted the kill feed twice because I thought this was way too low. I also noticed that there were a few of the goblin minions "Peons" running arround.

My theory is that the higher the torment level the more of these Hobgoblin Sentries and Peons are converted into normal goblins.

Also, I theorize that the more players in a game with you the more goblins will spawn.

If I could give Blizzard team feedback, I would love to see more variety in the types of goblins that spawn. It looks like the only goblins that have variety are those that are hiding inside the gold piles.

I would have liked to have seen a different boss at the end, perhaps Greeds’ Butler? Or perhaps Gheed? :)

Shawmeck