More Aggressive Gargantuan(s)

General Discussion
I love playing pet builds, always have. However an issue I've seen with Witch Doctor's gargantuan(s) is that it's not very aggressive, even with The Short Man's Finger, I often see 1-2 gargantuans just hanging out next to me while one is off whacking things trying to kill their master.

It would be nice if they were made to be more active in battles, perhaps have that be another feature of the TSMF's affix.

Gargantuan instead summons three smaller gargantuans more aggressive and powerful than before, dealing 500-650% more damage each.

Something else that would be a very nice addition is this:
Gargantuan instead summons three smaller gargantuans more aggressive and powerful than before, moving 20% faster and dealing 500-650% more damage each.

The gargantuan is quite lumbering, which is understandable considering its size hence why I think making TSMF increase the movement speed of the three smaller gargantuans makes sense and I'd consider it a very welcome change personally.

But in general I just want an aggression boost to the gargantuan (whether base skill or through the TSMF ring), make the witch doctor inject it with some testosterone voodoo to have it actually smack stuff for once.

Please
... I often see 1-2 gargantuans just hanging out next to me while one is off whacking things trying to kill their master.

My dyslexia made your post hilarious to me.

I agree. Garg build is my favorite lazy build, but past GR 100 the Gargs just dont cut it. Constantly recasting them on the elites or they wander around trying to smash quillrats instead of bosses.

Also I would like them to change the garg voices. i cannot play the garg build when my kids or family are in the house. Ever listen to them? The gargs are always growling "F*** me" and "F*** you". Nasty buggers.
04/22/2019 06:50 AMPosted by Shogun
My dyslexia made your post hilarious to me.

Don't have experience with dyslexia myself but you've got me curious now....

I agree. Garg build is my favorite lazy build, but past GR 100 the Gargs just dont cut it. Constantly recasting them on the elites or they wander around trying to smash quillrats instead of bosses.

Admittedly I've not been to very high GRs with a Witch Doctor (or any class for that matter), I'm by a large margin just a casual but yeah I've noticed something similar anyhow. Either they just stand around or beat up the weakest ones they can find.

Also I would like them to change the garg voices. i cannot play the garg build when my kids or family are in the house. Ever listen to them? The gargs are always growling "F*** me" and "F*** you". Nasty buggers.

I barely ever play with sounds on anymore on any game but it sounds to me like all of their aggression got put into their voice lines rather than their A.I, hmm...

Maybe they're actually just bullies who are scared of older, tougher bullies, considering the above two points. Makes you think
I propose two different approaches:

1. Add a seventh dynamic utility-action slot where you command your pets to retreat and attack again. This will open the path of more intriguing combat mechanics to be added later on.
2. Make all pets less likely to attack crowd controlled monsters that are away from character, until they come out from control impairment effects or get close to the main character which they prioritize and switch targets to.

It doesn't matter which one you pick, we won't see any changes in game be it S17 or S18.

The gargs are always growling "F*** me" and "F*** you". Nasty buggers.

I believe having dyslexia makes you hear such things...
Don't have experience with dyslexia myself but you've got me curious now....

I believe he is referencing the quote below, switching two of the words
04/22/2019 06:44 AMPosted by goof
while one is off whacking
I believe he is referencing the quote below, switching two of the words
while one is off whacking

Ooooh, that makes sense lmfao
moving 20% faster
In a game where everything eventually runs at lightning speed, a 20% increase to anything slow is not going to make a noticeable difference.

One of my favorite games from my childhood was an arcade where you played as a ship at the bottom of the screen and waves upon waves of thousands of other ships would come flying at you from the top of the screen.

The part that was so fun about it is that you could get absurd power-ups that could make targeting irrelevant and even shooting irrelevant, as some of the power-ups just shot stuff for you. Of course, it was flashy and stuff was happening all over the screen. I could Google its name, but I think there were dozens of clones that all sort of fed each other.

In any case, when I play a pet, I want that to happen. There's not one build in the game where pets are even useful, let alone flashy and/or powerful. Sure, some of them are meat shields with infinite health, I assume because it was almost impossible to make one that could survive a single hit, but they don't really do damage. I guess Necro is a small exception, but there's nothing really exciting about how they work and it's not really a very viable class anyways.

I envision gargantuans doing front-flip summersaults and landing with their fists, causing earthquake splash damage and exploding sometimes, taking half of the screen out with it. Way better than a 20% increase in speed and also has an equal likelihood of happening.