Season 17 wings locked behind entire journey?

General Discussion
04/12/2019 11:16 AMPosted by Cobaltus
Collecting the six sets (with supporting legendaries) and completing the Years of War conquest easily took me over 20 hours all by itself.

Yeah, you pick your battles. If you chose to do time consuming stuff, you end up spending a lot of time. Conqueror is definitely laughable these days, in Season 6 it took me about 30 hours, on a Barb. Same in season 7. Back than barbs couldn’t even do T13. Now most of my friends who I play with (in the game that should not be named) are basically done with journey in a week, this is how long it takes them to get to guardian and come back to the “other” game where we don’t have stash tabs issues -_-
04/12/2019 10:48 AMPosted by Bubba
If it was about the grind, reacing a certain level and such, sure. This is about completing stuff in 4 minutes and it requires a group. Not everbody have that :(

Nothing in th season journey requires a group to do. Every single thing can be accomplished solo.
If it's about timed rifts, just hop into a public rift game and be done in no time.
If it was about the grind, reacing a certain level and such, sure. This is about completing stuff in 4 minutes and it requires a group. Not everbody have that :(

Nothing in the season journey requires a group with the exception of the solo gr20, 6 gr55 conquest, no set gr45 conquest and solo gr75 conquest. Everything else can be done solo, but can be a little more difficult, which pretty much sums up life. They are doing it correct as far as gating cosmetics behind some feats to accomplish. They do not affect game play and give the player a little carrot on the stick. People want everything free right up front, there should be something in this game you have to work for and at least it is not like the cosmic wings where it is pure rng base. Season journey gives you incremental steps you can work towards throughout a 3 month season.

If it is a time constraint, well that is your decision. You obviously value other things in life more than video game cosmetics and that's fine. Others value video game time over other things and will get everything in the game. They shouldn't make everything in the game so incredibly easy to get because a few players only want to spend 2 hours every 3 months playing.

If it is a physical constraint holding you back, don't be afraid to ask for help. Yes, asking randoms in a pub game or gen chat channel won't get you far, so join some communities. There are a few solid achievement communities out there with a lot of players who enjoy helping each other. Just remember to always ask politely and be patient, not everyone is sitting their waiting to assist you, but many will when they have free time.
04/12/2019 11:58 AMPosted by Alexismad

Nothing in the season journey requires a group with the exception of the solo gr20, 6 gr55 conquest, no set gr45 conquest and solo gr75 conquest. Everything else can be done solo,

Huh? I think you are confused.
04/12/2019 03:20 AMPosted by Dietrich
Season journey really isn't that hard. No reason why anyone can't complete it in the few months of a season.

Why are people afraid of earning things?
Its not that. Some of the conquests are hard to complete and it makes it almost impossible to get those wings placed in guardian. The thrill is tricky but doable .. the whole acts in an hour I dont think I can do that.. and 6 sets of armor at level 55.. notsure either. Some still struggle with the conquests. I know tough luck for them.. who cares? We do.
The Thrill is very easy and the free LoN buff will make that just insanely easy.

Years of War is easy as well. Reaching GR55 with full set bonuses isn't really challenge. The only trouble is that you have to do it with 6 different sets which require at least two classes and grinding the sets.
04/12/2019 12:56 PMPosted by Kewian
04/12/2019 03:20 AMPosted by Dietrich
Season journey really isn't that hard. No reason why anyone can't complete it in the few months of a season.

Why are people afraid of earning things?
Its not that. Some of the conquests are hard to complete and it makes it almost impossible to get those wings placed in guardian. The thrill is tricky but doable .. the whole acts in an hour I dont think I can do that.. and 6 sets of armor at level 55.. notsure either. Some still struggle with the conquests. I know tough luck for them.. who cares? We do.

This is one of the reasons I've tried (very unsuccessfully) to convince people to learn Speed Racer/Sprinter (the 1 hour campaign conquest). In 17 seasons, it's been a conquest 9 times. Yet maybe 50 people per server actually know how to run it, and the rest who complete it are carried. The thing is, it only really takes 10 or so hours to actually learn the campaign. But once you learn what to do, it's really not that difficult of a conquest, and becomes one of the easiest conquests to complete in the future.

Season 17 has terribly tedious conquests. The 50 million gold is easy, and the reach 45 solo without any set are easy, but the 6 set 55's and 8 set dungeons are beyond tedious. If just going for the season completion, you might as well just start an HC/SC character (depending on your main one, just run the opposite one) if you want to avoid the 1 hour campaign, just because that will be the fastest.

The main problem with the 1 hour campaign is that people give up way too easily. Yes, it takes some time to learn, and yes, you're not going to get any drops within that time, but I'd personally take the 10 hour, one time learning curve, over 10+ hours of needless grinding for a conquest that requires 6+ complete sets.
04/11/2019 04:32 PMPosted by Bubba
I just saw this. You dont get the cosmetic reward until you have completed the entire journey. Why did they make this change? I used to collect these cosmetics, now I wont be able to...

The wings are terrible looking anyways. No point in getting them.
04/12/2019 11:16 AMPosted by Cobaltus
I keep hearing people say this, but I don't see how it is possible even when playing with clanmates. It's like they are playing an entirely different game than I am or using the Konami cheat code in a Blizzard game somehow. Collecting the six sets (with supporting legendaries) and completing the Years of War conquest easily took me over 20 hours all by itself.

Yes, a conquest like that can be time consuming. So if you're looking to complete Guardian as quickly as possible, you stay away from conquests like that one.

Some seasons, the journey might take a little a longer than others. Like this season, there's only two really really easy conquests. So what I intend to do, is to level a Hardcore character as well as a Softcore one. Do two conquests, The Thrill and Avarice with the softcore and then also do, probably Superhuman aka The Thrill in hardcore though the Avarice one is probably easier but will take slightly more time.

At any rate, completing Guardian for me this season will take a little more time than it usually does but not much. So instead of completing it in the first weekend or by that Monday at the latest, I should have it done by Wednesday that same week at the latest.

I play somewhere between casually and more dedicated but usually it's that first weekend where I might put 20 hours in all totaled, so that's how I get Guardian done so quickly.
04/12/2019 01:56 PMPosted by BehindTimes
The thing is, it only really takes 10 or so hours to actually learn the campaign. But once you learn what to do, it's really not that difficult of a conquest, and becomes one of the easiest conquests to complete in the future.

I get what your point is though, such a conquest isn't for everyone. I think a lot of people will have legit reasons for not attempting it.

I wanted to many seasons back. It was the only viable one for me to do solo and with one seasonal character (ironically, it was because I had no room left in the stash to offload gear to rebirth a second seasonal character). But my hands aren't what they use to be and cramp up if I'm gaming for too long. It's why I stick to doing things like rifts, GRs, and ubers in a social oriented clan... 15min or less and we spend a few minutes for everyone to either clean up gear, spend shards, get some water, go to the toilet, or, in my case, give my hands a break.

Can't do that with a 1hr speed run.
04/12/2019 02:15 PMPosted by Idolis
I play somewhere between casually and more dedicated but usually it's that first weekend where I might put 20 hours in all totaled, so that's how I get Guardian done so quickly.

My challenge with this is increasing real life commitments and that I run two accounts... one for SC and one for HC. My HC account I deliberately held back on playing all classes given the stash space limit. I may get one account's Guardian done quickly if I hit weekend 1 a bit harder but then I feel burnt out for account 2. Numbers have dropped off severely with this game so if I don't make myself deal with account 2's journey in a reasonable timeframe, I may not have the help I need for somethings not good for some classes (e.g. Barb suffers with the speed rifts).

I'm gonna be playing a lot of DH in the next 5 seasons I think.
I don't get how many people defend seasons as a "fresh start" when everything is completely recycled. S17 has a repeat pet for crying out loud.

Defending D3 management decisions = collaborator.
04/12/2019 03:08 PMPosted by Wurger
I don't get how many people defend seasons as a "fresh start" when everything is completely recycled. S17 has a repeat pet for crying out loud.

Maybe I'm wrong, because there's two pages and I haven't read every post, but I don't think anyone is defending Blizzard in this thread.

There's a difference between liking seasons and folks defending a decision like making more stash tabs only available through a seasonal unlock, which I absolutely don't approve of.

As for seasons, for me, they're pretty fun up to the point where the loot hunt becomes about finding items that are only percentage points better than I have.

That said, it is my opinion that seasons do not, I repeat, do not need incentives to get people to play it outside of maybe the cosmetics.

I've been playing seasons since season 6 or 7 and have had the stash tabs for several seasons but still played despite not having that carrot to "lure" me back for quite some time.
04/12/2019 03:08 PMPosted by Wurger

They call it a fresh start since your stash starts empty, the crafters are at level 1, your cube is empty and your character is at level 1.

The way a season starts like that is the reason I play season for a couple of weeks, just to enjoy that climb up.

At the beginning of the season, when doing bounties, everyone will be teaming up on the maps that you need to complete to get the Journey. So if you get a pop-up notification about a boss that you need to complete, just say yes to join up and get the completion.
04/12/2019 03:36 PMPosted by Idolis
That said, it is my opinion that seasons do not, I repeat, do not need incentives to get people to play it outside of maybe the cosmetics.

I've been playing seasons since season 6 or 7 and have had the stash tabs for several seasons but still played despite not having that carrot to "lure" me back for quite some time.

This.

I play seasons for the odd cosmetic and because that's where my clan is. I don't enjoy the fresh start but when I can leverage off the clan on that one weekend at the start, it's not that bad.

S14 I only managed to get to chapter 4 before my time was needed elsewhere. S15 and S16 I've continued to get up to P900-ish before season end. But I'm expecting the matters from S14 rear it's ugly head again soon.