Free Stash Tab is no biggie my Non-Season dudes

General Discussion
PREAMBLE/CLARIFICATION:
The purpose of this post is not to state/restate how easy or difficult it is to complete season journey. The purpose is to rally the non-season and season focused parts of the player community around:
- zerging the season journey
- unlocking the free tab
- making the best of a very crappy situation (Blizz and their grand dirt-baggery around season gated free stash tabs delivered over the next 5 season cycles)
- turning a negative into positive in the process
- channeling our collective anger and negative energy into something that gets us back to having fun as fast as possible

We know how to get it done.

1. Rebirth a class you know how to play very well.
2a. Get PL to 70 or,
2b. Normal level with the crowd
-- follow the quick level 1-70 ==> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sdWUjBqrnXc4nMTvc9G0onHCL1WY6XsF-avLsYOrmOM/htmlview?pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

-- Skill setups 1-70 ==> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SJ3PZRbyXocsdIkq9D0Jik6BjeMQmoLdnvgHJD-tF8o/edit#gid=549941070

(I'm sure there is a necro 1-70 leveling guide with skill setups)

3. Group up and zerg Season journey.
4. Unlock you free tab.
5. Delete all the season stuff you don't want/need and anything worth keeping (mats, puzzle rings, etc) throw it into the season shared stash.
6. Log out to the lobby, delete the rebirthed char and remake as a non-season char.
7. Get a PL to 70 in non-season and grab all your stuff from the mail.

REMEMBER TO GRAB YOUR STUFF FROM THE MAIL ON THE NON-SEASON SIDE. IT ONLY STAYS THERE FOR 30 DAYS.

It times it takes to unlock the tab goes from a couple of hours to few days depending on skill, play time, organization, etc. The key to keeping it as short as possible is being organized.

UPDATE:
Free Sets from Haedrig:
- DH = Shadow's Mantle
- Barb = Might of Earth
- Wiz = Firebird
- WD = Jade
- Monk = Monkey King's Garb (SunWuko)
- Crusader = Thorns of the Invoker (Thornz!)
- Necro = Inarius (Bonado!)

Season Journey Web Tracker:
https://d3resource.com/journey/

Season Journey Changes for Season 17:
Chap-1:
- Kill Skeleton King
- Kill Magda

Chap-2:
- Kill Ghom (hard+)
- Kill Izual (hard+)

Chap-3:
- Kill Urzael (master+)
- Kill Araneae (master+)

Chap-4:
- Kill Zolton Kulle (T2+)
- Kill Siegebreaker (T4+)

Chap-5 (Slayer):
- Kill Rakanoth (T7+)
- Kill Adria (T7+)

Chap-6 (Champion):
- Kill Cydea (T10+)
- Kill Butcher (T10+)

Chap-7 (Destroyer):
- Kill Belial (T13+)
- Kill Azmodan (T13+)

Chap-8 (Conquerer):
- Kill Diablo in 1.5 mins (T13+)

Conquests (only 2 are required for unlocking free stash tab):
- Avarice (50k gold streak outside of a rift and outside of vault)
- Sprinter (complete acts 1-5 in 1 hour)
- Thrill (GR45 completed with no set items equipped)
- Years of War (GR55 solo with 6 different 6-set bonuses)
- Master 8 set dungeons
04/13/2019 11:49 AMPosted by BossDogg
We know how to get it done.

1. Rebirth a class you know how to play very well.
2a. Get PL to 70 or,
2b. Normal level with the crowd
-- follow the quick level 1-70 ==> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sdWUjBqrnXc4nMTvc9G0onHCL1WY6XsF-avLsYOrmOM/htmlview?pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

-- Skill setups 1-70 ==> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SJ3PZRbyXocsdIkq9D0Jik6BjeMQmoLdnvgHJD-tF8o/edit#gid=549941070

(I'm sure there is a necro 1-70 leveling guide with skill setups)

3. Group up and zerg Season journey.
4. Unlock you free tab.
5. Delete all the season stuff you don't want/need and anything worth keeping (mats, puzzle rings, etc) throw it into the season shared stash.
6. Log out to the lobby, delete the rebirthed char and remake as a non-season char.
7. Get a PL to 70 in non-season and grab all your stuff from the mail.

REMEMBER TO GRAB YOUR STUFF FROM THE MAIL ON THE NON-SEASON SIDE. IT ONLY STAYS THERE FOR 30 DAYS.

It takes a couple of hours but the key to keeping it as short as possible is being organized.
I tend to do something similar; however, to characterize this as a couple of hours is clear hyperbole. Many of us have already done this grind 4 times. Now, they want us to do it 5 more times. It will take in >100 hours to get all five additional tabs and you won't earn the last one for more than a year.
Its not about how easy it is to get. Its about the principle of the matter.
There are players with 2x conquests done by the 7th or 8th hour of season start. If you prefer 1-2 days then that should surely cover it. The good thing is there is a way for non-season people to short-circuit their seasonal run. Once the tab is unlocked in season its also unlocked in Non-season immediately. Once the tab is acquired salvage, store valuables, delete char, remake non-season, and done.

I don't like this gated mess but we don't have any control. Its not worth complaining in the forums. Management doesn't listen.
I've traditionally taken about 24-25 hours to do complete all 9. So I agree with the 100 hour comittment for 5 stash tabs.

I'd rather get a temp job and cold call people for 3 hours and use the minimum wage to buy the tabs at 2 to 5 dollars each.
@BossDog
Please stop going down the path of “difficulty”. That really isn’t the issue here.

The issue is their complete deafness to the community and their continued failures is all aspects of communication.

I think for many, this is a line in the sand. You know, one of those special times that Blizz needs to stand up and do the right thing by their players.
My only issue is the amount of time that I'll have to wait in order to get the stash tabs.

If possible, I would much rather do 5 season journeys (all up to conqueror's or higher) worth of activity all in the time length of one actual season just to get all the tabs, than to wait for blizzard to restart season five times for 1-2 years.

Early in the game's life, I'd have no problem with this. But at this point, I'm more annoyed by the season gated QoL reward than motivated.
04/13/2019 12:32 PMPosted by Oblivion
If possible, I would much rather do 5 season journeys (all up to conqueror's or higher) worth of activity all in the time length of one actual season just to get all the tabs, than to wait for blizzard to restart season five times for 1-2 years.

They could add in a 'force season restart' function... wipe the season journey progress (though you get to keep your cosmetics and unlocked stash tab), send all seasonal inventory items to NS and make all of one's seasonal characters NS ones again.

You get to restart your seasonal journey progress again with nil resources.

For those of us not interested in chasing LB positions it would mean that we could do a journey once a month or two without waiting for the next season. Would also mean we unlock the tabs faster.

Of course, the logical thing to do would be to just let us buy the tabs in what ever mode for gold. Means NS players won't be forced to jump through hoops and players won't be complaining about the wait to the next season start to get the next tab. We'd just be focused on enjoying the seasonal buff instead, knowing we'll have a decent amount of stash space to store our loot come end of season.
Oh Lord, are there still people who think the problem with this is the 'difficulty' of getting the tabs? Have you not read any of the posts, at all?
The drama over this stashtab thing is hilarious, the Immortal mobile drama I understood, but not this.

They are unlocked the same way as the other 5.
Those of you that are looking at this as a complaint about the difficulty of getting the tabs are being thick.

This is NOT ABOUT THAT.

Its about WHAT WAS SAID FIRST vs WHAT IT WAS CHANGED TO.

This about a very big and problematic disconnect between Blizzard and the community and its players. Meaning all of us.

This is about them shafting the players over and over on multitudes of things, for the past 7 years.

Apparently some of you enjoy being treated like dirt, and I guess... That's good for you?

I and many of us are done. We are drawing a line in the sand. This far, no farther!

Make it right or watch your player base dwindle even more. Think its dead and bad now?

Will be nothing left but the botters before long.

Game on.
04/13/2019 02:56 PMPosted by Exalted
They are unlocked the same way as the other 5.

What? You mean there current number of tabs unlocked via seasons isn't 4 but 5 instead? Blizzard has been short changing me for the past 8 seasons!

Turning off the sarcasm, the game

- 1 that you start with
- 2 from purchasing the Necro pack
- 5 from incremental gold purchases in game, and
- 4 from unlocking via the season journey

This was accepted to some degree seeing how it was a smaller proportion of your total stash tabs that needed to be unlocked via seasons. With the current PTR notes, it'll be 9 unlocked via the season journies and 8 via other means... that's over 50% of the max tabs that a new player needs to spend over 2yrs unlocking which is absolutely ridiculous.

The best compromise atm IMHO is to keep the ratio of seasonal stash unlocks to "ungated" stash unlocks the same. That'll be giving us 3 tabs now for gold unlock and then 2 to unlock via seasons. I wouldn't call this a fair compromise as NS players are really short changed still.
What do you do about the people that don't play seasons and play only Non-season. What do they get OH that is right TO BAD TO SAD. It is getting to a point where there are almost as many people playing non-season vs season.

I have played every season. I going skip season 17 because what are they giving you? OH a pet that I already have and a stash space. OH maybe the LON build. But if they do the LON rings. More likely the non-season players will get that too.

All the season is for new people. The diehard people that play non-season what do they get basically screwed.
Yeah with 100 hour I could actually level my non-season character up.

Don't make us jump stupid hoops just to get your stock prices back up.
I think you guys misunderstood me. I don't like the tabs being gated behind season journey but we have no control over that. I'm just as disgusted by Blizzard's handling of this as anyone else. I never said completing season journey was difficult nor did I imply it. However, if the player community is very focused and organized we can get through the season journey hoop together in a much speedier fashion. Its all about turning a negative into a positive. We know this gated rewards mess is a dirt bag move, but we don't have to let them ruin our fun. If we do it right there will be a sharp peak of player activity within the first few days of the season followed by a mass of deleted seasonal characters. The non-season folks get their new tab in 1-3 days depending on play time and can happily ignore the remainder of the season.

I apologize for any confusion about my post.
04/13/2019 03:15 PMPosted by DTMAce

Maybe this is what they actually want. I can imagine Bobby Big Bucks at the next earnings call: "So our MAU has dropped from 6 million to 1 million, but if you look at the average play time of the players, it has gone from 1 hour a day to 23.5 hours a day!!!"
Added a clarification at the top of the starting post to remove any confusion about the post and its purpose. Feel free to withdraw your anger based down votes.
04/13/2019 03:15 PMPosted by DTMAce
Those of you that are looking at this as a complaint about the difficulty of getting the tabs are being thick.

This is NOT ABOUT THAT.

Its about WHAT WAS SAID FIRST vs WHAT IT WAS CHANGED TO.

This about a very big and problematic disconnect between Blizzard and the community and its players. Meaning all of us.

This is about them shafting the players over and over on multitudes of things, for the past 7 years.

Apparently some of you enjoy being treated like dirt, and I guess... That's good for you?

I and many of us are done. We are drawing a line in the sand. This far, no farther!

Make it right or watch your player base dwindle even more. Think its dead and bad now?

Game on.

We can draw lines in the proverbial sand all day, but it won't stop this train wreck management team. Give them some time and they will drive Acti/Blizz (the company) off of a steep cliff. Their avarice knows no bounds.

If there is a mass exodus of players from the game, how are you, me, and the rest of herd going to stick together as a cohesive community? We've already paid for the game which is also a ticket to accessing and participating in the community. We might as well enjoy our purchase while we can. Not only have we already paid for the game, but Acti/Blizz management has already made millions of $$$ from us. If any of top management leave the company right now, you can bet that they have compensation clauses in their employee contracts. So, they have no incentive to care about the customers. Its all about ballooning the company stock and converting it to $$$.

Lastly, the real solution to Acti/Blizz management's dirt-baggery is not drawing proverbial lines in the proverbial sand. The real solution is:
- getting out of the way and letting them go right over a cliff
- more competition against Acti/Blizz pumping out high quality, engaging, immersive games from companies that value its customers
Let's not forget a group of people who have it even worse: new players.
Someone who buys the game now or bought it recently, will have access to 6 tabs with gold, 2 more if they also bought the Necro pack and then they will have to spend 2+ years to gain access to the rest of them (9).

A ridiculous requirement for any new player, for any new game.
Imagine buying a game and you have to wait 2+ years to get most of your storage, a much needed feature for a loot hunting game; who thought this was a good idea?
I agree with op. As of now d4 will probably be in beta before we can even start the season journey for tab 17. Especially when it's considered a qol change in patch notes. If they would have allowed us to earn the tabs back in season 9 or 10 (can't remember what season it was we got the 4th tab) and up till now I would be fine. But the fact that I did the sj 5 times since I stopped being able to further unlock tabs feels bad.

And it's true it takes about 2 weeks going really casual play. And if you have the time to just power thru it opening night about 12 hours with a amazing group. But with 3 month seasons and s17 being first for new tabs it won't be till season 22 till you can finish them. Assuming you were one of those players that unlocked the 4 original tabs from season.