Free Stash Tab is no biggie my Non-Season dudes

General Discussion
getting the extra stash tab is not that hard...
i'll just spend like 2-3 weeks and bingo I'll have it.

much slower if I do it solo...
04/15/2019 05:21 AMPosted by Astig
getting the extra stash tab is not that hard...
i'll just spend like 2-3 weeks and bingo I'll have it.

much slower if I do it solo...

I don't think you're been following the conversation thus far. It goes something like this:

1. Blizzard's PTR notes originally stated that they are giving us the 5 tabs for gold. Players were understandably quite excited about this entry in the notes, especially players that do not enjoy playing seasons or found the season journey to not be a fun experience. About a week later, those notes were stealthily altered to state the tabs will be locked behind seasons. I do believe that is called a bait-and-switch.

2. Given the reading of the current notes, it will take roughly 15 months (or more if a season is extended) to unlock those 5 tabs. If a new player is buying the game, those players will have to go about 27 months in order to unlock all 9 tabs. Would you like to find out if a newly bought game you had to wait over 2 years to get the full storage unlocked, if you jump through specific hoops like a good doggy? I mean, having cosmetics that don't actually matter locked in seasons is one thing, and a few stash tabs are acceptable to entice players to try seasons and see what is all there (which isn't that much to be honest), but to lock 9 tabs into seasons you can only unlock one at a time every 3-4 months?

The biggest deal, in terms of principle, is point 1 above. Baiting and switching is a very bad thing to be doing to your players, and it turns out even worse for the company when the players find out you tried to sneak it in to a week old article so you have a fall back and can say it was in the PTR notes.
04/15/2019 03:22 AMPosted by Chosen
Let's not forget a group of people who have it even worse: new players.
Someone who buys the game now or bought it recently, will have access to 6 tabs with gold, 2 more if they also bought the Necro pack and then they will have to spend 2+ years to gain access to the rest of them (9).

A ridiculous requirement for any new player, for any new game.
Imagine buying a game and you have to wait 2+ years to get most of your storage, a much needed feature for a loot hunting game; who thought this was a good idea?

Oh No, new players will have to spend the same amount of time i did to get the same things i got, How Horrible for them. Life is so unfair.
/s
04/15/2019 04:01 PMPosted by Caladon
Oh No, new players will have to spend the same amount of time i did to get the same things i got, How Horrible for them. Life is so unfair.

It's not about the time they'll have to spend as much as it is about the time they'll have to wait. Actually, they'll probably spend less time than we did since, thanks to powercreep, the season journey is even faster to complete now than it was then.

Did you actually enjoy completing 4 season journeys to unlock your tabs or did you consider it a chore? Are you looking forward to having 5 more journeys to complete just to unlock a few extra stash tabs in fifteen months? I sure didn't and I sure am not. And I'd rather new players not be exposed to such tediousness either.
Added an update the starting post. The update contains a list of the free sets from Haedrig's Gift, a link to the season journey web tracker, and the changes to the season journey for S-17.

Given the free sets and the current builds in the game:
- DH is an obvious RGK target early on from the point that the full shadow set is acquired
- DH also brings Mark for Death and wolf companion as group damage buffs that aren't dependent on any set.
- Wiz can run a Star Pact trash-killer build variant in yellows but is fast tracked to trash killer bazooka once Firebird 6-piece bonus is acquired
- Wiz also has some support builds that can add utility to groups early in season
- Monk/Barb have well known support roles
- Monk can run exploding palm in an early DPS build which has great AoE killing power
- Barb - I would need barb pro's to help out with potential early season group DPS (trash killer/RGK) builds
- Barb offers shouts that aid the group
- Necro support builds might take a bit longer to develop because CDR dependence
- Necro can be a RGK early on as well with just Bone Ringer, Corroded Fang, and maybe Nayr's Black Death in the cube
- Crusader - I would need the Sader pro's to help out with potential early season group DPS (trash killer/RGK) or support builds
- Crusader brings useful aura's to aid the group
- WD can use Jade and function as a trash killer in the early season
- WD has some support builds that can be useful early in the season

The list above is a starting point for putting together groups to speed up char progression in the early part of the season, which leads to faster season journey progression.
'Free Stash Tab is no biggie my Non-Season dudes'

REMEMBER TO GRAB YOUR STUFF FROM THE MAIL ON THE NON-SEASON SIDE. IT ONLY STAYS THERE FOR 30 DAYS.

oh,but it is...
04/14/2019 07:40 PMPosted by BossDogg
I think you guys misunderstood me.

I can't speak for others, however I didn't misunderstood you. It's admirable to view things with such positivity.

04/14/2019 07:40 PMPosted by BossDogg
However, if the player community is very focused and organized we can get through the season journey hoop together in a much speedier fashion.

No matter how organized and focus the community is, it won't change the amount of time that it would take for us to receive all of the stash tabs, as we would still have to wait for season to restart, before we can get the next one. That's my issue with gating even more stash tabs behind season, I'm waiting on blizzard in order to receive in-game QoL rewards.
04/16/2019 01:51 AMPosted by Thorgor
Did you actually enjoy completing 4 season journeys to unlock your tabs or did you consider it a chore? Are you looking forward to having 5 more journeys to complete just to unlock a few extra stash tabs in fifteen months? I sure didn't and I sure am not. And I'd rather new players not be exposed to such tediousness either.

Yes, I did, and yes, I am.

Tediousness? Seasonal play is rifts, bounties and GR's. Over and over. You know, kinda exactly the same as what we do in non-season play. So if seasonal play is 'tedious', how can non-seasonal play not be?

I enjoy the fresh start, the absurdly fast progression of gear, paragon and power, playing different classes / builds to my NS mains, and working towards an end goal, be it tabs or cosmetics. And once that's done, I enjoy going back to NS.

New players? Yeah, there's just so many new players after Blizzcon and DI, right? They already start with more tabs than we did, with more than enough space for them to manage, and hey, if they need more, they can jump straight in to seasonal play and earn another, and another. We didn't get that chance for quite some time, and yet, here we are.

All this concern for 'new players' and them somehow not managing with more stash space than we had is bogus, it's just virtue-signalling code for " I want MOAR space for me".
I can't speak for others, however I didn't misunderstood you. It's admirable to view things with such positivity.

Oh don't mistake my clear headed deliberate approach for a positive, optimist's view. Dirty-baggery deserves glorious karma. May they bear witness to a squandering of their wealth and fortunes, and may their grand and great-grand children be the recipients of the rancid fruits of their avarice... and lastly may they be alive and unable to alter the tragic outcome. By they I mean Activ/Blizz management and their enablers. I don't put any time into trying to harm others or wishing bad tidings on others, I let them bring a tragedy upon themselves and make sure that I'm out of harm's way. Just give them some time and space, and they'll drive off a cliff.

04/16/2019 12:29 PMPosted by Oblivion
No matter how organized and focus the community is, it won't change the amount of time that it would take for us to receive all of the stash tabs, as we would still have to wait for season to restart, before we can get the next one. That's my issue with gating even more stash tabs behind season, I'm waiting on blizzard in order to receive in-game QoL rewards.

There is no quality of life (QoL) improvement in this mess they've created. We even have a few nut jobs suggesting that Activ/Blizz charge us a fee for stash space when we've already paid for the game and played their damned seasons without stash tab rewards. Activ/Blizz management assumed that they could remove the doggy treat but continue to trigger salivation by ringing the Pavlovian bell. Well its should be abundantly clear that they've learned ZeRo from the toilet diablo, "Do you guys not have phones?!" fiasco.

Since they've learned nothing and we've already paid for the game, should we really rage against the machine, or cry foul, or cross our collective arms and hold our collective breaths?
Nah. Let Karma do its job, let tragedy take its toll, and let the player community enjoy what we paid for and the fun of the social gaming experience. Good friends and good fun for us, and for Activ/Blizz bless their hearts and Good Game.
04/16/2019 01:51 AMPosted by Thorgor
It's not about the time they'll have to spend as much as it is about the time they'll have to wait.

What? LOL
04/13/2019 11:49 AMPosted by BossDogg
PREAMBLE/CLARIFICATION:
The purpose of this post is not to state/restate how easy or difficult it is to complete season journey. The purpose is to rally the non-season and season focused parts of the player community around:
- zerging the season journey
- unlocking the free tab
- making the best of a very crappy situation (Blizz and their grand dirt-baggery around season gated free stash tabs delivered over the next 5 season cycles)
- turning a negative into positive in the process
- channeling our collective anger and negative energy into something that gets us back to having fun as fast as possible

We know how to get it done.

1. Rebirth a class you know how to play very well.
2a. Get PL to 70 or,
2b. Normal level with the crowd
-- follow the quick level 1-70 ==> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sdWUjBqrnXc4nMTvc9G0onHCL1WY6XsF-avLsYOrmOM/htmlview?pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

-- Skill setups 1-70 ==> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SJ3PZRbyXocsdIkq9D0Jik6BjeMQmoLdnvgHJD-tF8o/edit#gid=549941070

(I'm sure there is a necro 1-70 leveling guide with skill setups)

3. Group up and zerg Season journey.
4. Unlock you free tab.
5. Delete all the season stuff you don't want/need and anything worth keeping (mats, puzzle rings, etc) throw it into the season shared stash.
6. Log out to the lobby, delete the rebirthed char and remake as a non-season char.
7. Get a PL to 70 in non-season and grab all your stuff from the mail.

REMEMBER TO GRAB YOUR STUFF FROM THE MAIL ON THE NON-SEASON SIDE. IT ONLY STAYS THERE FOR 30 DAYS.

It times it takes to unlock the tab goes from a couple of hours to few days depending on skill, play time, organization, etc. The key to keeping it as short as possible is being organized.

UPDATE:
Free Sets from Haedrig:
- DH = Shadow's Mantle
- Barb = Might of Earth
- Wiz = Firebird
- WD = Jade
- Monk = Monkey King's Garb (SunWuko)
- Crusader = Thorns of the Invoker (Thornz!)
- Necro = Inarius (Bonado!)

Season Journey Web Tracker:
https://d3resource.com/journey/

Season Journey Changes for Season 17:
Chap-1:
- Kill Skeleton King
- Kill Magda

Chap-2:
- Kill Ghom (hard+)
- Kill Izual (hard+)

Chap-3:
- Kill Urzael (master+)
- Kill Araneae (master+)

Chap-4:
- Kill Zolton Kulle (T2+)
- Kill Siegebreaker (T4+)

Chap-5 (Slayer):
- Kill Rakanoth (T7+)
- Kill Adria (T7+)

Chap-6 (Champion):
- Kill Cydea (T10+)
- Kill Butcher (T10+)

Chap-7 (Destroyer):
- Kill Belial (T13+)
- Kill Azmodan (T13+)

Chap-8 (Conquerer):
- Kill Diablo in 1.5 mins (T13+)

Conquests (only 2 are required for unlocking free stash tab):
- Avarice (50k gold streak outside of a rift and outside of vault)
- Sprinter (complete acts 1-5 in 1 hour)
- Thrill (GR45 completed with no set items equipped)
- Years of War (GR55 solo with 6 different 6-set bonuses)
- Master 8 set dungeons
Liked it better when all I had to do is the stuff for pet which was generally slayer and now I have to screw around with stash tabs again which is a needed function of game.
@FusRoDah:
Get on your A-game Nephelem.
04/16/2019 10:50 PMPosted by BossDogg
Since they've learned nothing and we've already paid for the game, should we really rage against the machine, or cry foul, or cross our collective arms and hold our collective breaths?
Nah. Let Karma do its job, let tragedy take its toll, and let the player community enjoy what we paid for and the fun of the social gaming experience. Good friends and good fun for us, and for Activ/Blizz bless their hearts and Good Game.

At this point, I wouldn't even consider wasting energy just to rage against blizzard, however I will call them out on poor decisions that they make. That said, nothing the community as a whole can do will help quicken the process of attaining the stash spaces. That's about my only gripe with the situation.
Shameless bump. May 17th is coming.
Remember, remember,
the Second of November.
'Big things coming,' they said,
followed shortly by Immortal dread.

Months go by and not a sound,
'great things will soon abound!'
Then silence, silence and silence more,
nothing new came, nothing grand in store.

Then the sound of hope rang hollow,
new stash tabs, but only with seasons do they follow!
a lesson should be learned from all the cries,
Blizzard's words twist, Blizzard's words are lies.
Bravo Zeddicuus!
04/13/2019 11:54 AMPosted by MicroRNA
Many of us have already done this grind 4 times.
LOL...4 times.

I started on Season 3. I had 4 accounts at that time. I added two more 3 Seasons ago. I do the Season Journey on all of them every Season, so I have done this grind 46 times...lol
04/13/2019 11:54 AMPosted by MicroRNA
Now, they want us to do it 5 more times.

As of this moment in time it is 'Not' 5 new stash tabs, but 1.
Yeah, they were listening to your complaints apparently.
Hi!
I did the following steps:
04/13/2019 11:49 AMPosted by BossDogg
4. Unlock you free tab.
5. Delete all the season stuff you don't want/need and anything worth keeping (mats, puzzle rings, etc) throw it into the season shared stash.
6. Log out to the lobby, delete the rebirthed char and remake as a non-season char.

Now when I start the game with any non-Season character or the recreated ex-seasonal one I don't see anything in the mail. Nor do I have the Paragon points etc. .

Does it really only show up after the next step?
Level to 70 in non-season (and grab all your stuff from the mail.)

Thanks for the help.