We need wastes buff

General Discussion
Next month blizzard do patch 2.6.5. This version will plus torment16. Game difficulty Increases. Present wastes set barb cant hunt Mobs at torment16. Wastes barb have 10b~30b normal dmg. But mobs life and dmg big rising at torment16. Especially 4man open game rift is very hard. Like a 90gr. If Ww barb play 90gr, this is waste time. Because cant kill mobs and RG. We want wastes set buff. 10000% > 15000%
04/21/2019 05:14 AMPosted by supermaniya
Next month blizzard do patch 2.6.5. This version will plus torment16. Game difficulty Increases. Present wastes set barb cant hunt Mobs at torment16. Wastes barb have 10b~30b normal dmg. But mobs life and dmg big rising at torment16. Especially 4man open game rift is very hard. Like a 90gr. If Ww barb play 90gr, this is waste time. Because cant kill mobs and RG. We want wastes set buff. 10000% > 15000%
im korean
Yes the Barbs need a set that conquers all and the Wastes Set should be it.
A few tweaks here and there would be nice, Rend needs a major overhaul if it is going to stay in the Set description for sure. What the set really needs is some major support items to make it shine, like maybe a Mighty weapon or weapons that is truly Mighty or a weapon built for the build would be nice, some specialty bracers to fit the build and Skull Grasp could use a buff as well.
I am sorry to say this but I would be surprised if any of this will be done any time soon, the Dev's hate this build for some reason or other and have held it back when it should be one of the top DPS builds in the Game.
Maybe it will change if there ever is a D4 and the way things are going I'll be long dead before that happens and I am Canadian! LoL
A whirlwind weapon of 800 percent more power for cube over standard stuck with furnace should fix it entirely.
Waste set need's a big buff and I am American!
Perhaps a belt that casts rend?
Your English is better than a lot of English native speakers.
make deathwish usable by all class. it will make ww, strafe and tempest rush build viable
04/21/2019 05:15 AMPosted by supermaniya
im korean

We'd have never known.
Instead of buffing the Wastes set, why not buff support items and create some new ones?

I was thinking about the Bul-Kathos weapons, they could use a damage buff.
04/21/2019 09:19 AMPosted by Kirottu
Instead of buffing the Wastes set, why not buff support items and create some new ones?

I was thinking about the Bul-Kathos weapons, they could use a damage buff.

This post is about buffing the waste set.

Then you had to come in and screw the whole thing up!

I agree completely.

I truly enjoy the waste set this RoRG buff season and with S17, the waste set will slip once again into the background being nothing more than a T13 Rift clear hero and good power level build.

Please buff this set so it can easily clear gr 90 with no augments and gr 100+ with all ancients augmented.
Chetanji's post propably was sarcasm but overpowered sets and weak support items is the biggest reason why the DH has no LoN builds and barbarian is not much better. It's a very bad idea to try to fix something by simply cranking one single damage modifier up. Sets do not need to have absurdly high damage modifiers, it's just one of several.

I do not however deny that Rend needs a much better implementation. Currently no one uses it.
Bring back Mortick's Brace
Yeah @Kirottu, I was joking.

A guy from halfway around the world nails my favorite barb build need with a fresh post.

8 posts in row basically about WW barb and then 'boom' the post goes sideways lol.

Nothing is perfect in this world and what I want will never happen.

I'm used to this.
I thought the ww build I was using in the ptr test did ok on t16
sure, could be better and i would like to use rend as the set seems to intend, but not expecting much to change unfortunately
04/21/2019 09:19 AMPosted by Kirottu

Because two of the set bonuses of the Wastes set currently buffs Rend which no one even selects in a WW build because its damage is pitiful and even if used with the healing rune doesn't scale anywhere near enough to be useful. They'd need to make the set auto-cast Rend or something, or have a belt that does this similar to the crusader belt that keeps dropping bombardments.
WW set is fine were it is at. You guys just need to get more paragon. They could remove rend from the set bonus and give us something different. Mortik's bracers
would be amazing but I don't see that happening.
04/21/2019 10:40 AMPosted by Grog
I thought the ww build I was using in the ptr test did ok on t16
sure, could be better and i would like to use rend as the set seems to intend, but not expecting much to change unfortunately
Could also remove secondary resistances since there is no way to balance out like a monk replacing with all resistance mandatory for every piece.
04/21/2019 12:41 PMPosted by chris
WW set is fine were it is at.

You have two WW Barbs...
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/chris-11418/hero/108394057
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/chris-11418/hero/97838591
So, why don't they have Rend in their builds?

04/21/2019 12:41 PMPosted by chris
You guys just need to get more paragon.

2787... https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/chris-11418/career
2837... https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Meteorblade-2266/career

Paragon level doesn't in any way address the fact that Rend is currently completely useless to the Wastes set. It needs to do more damage, provide more healing / sustain, be automatically cast as a result of whirlwinds or some combination of all of these.

It's completely trivial to prove Rend's uselessness to the set by the fact that anyone that plays a WW Barb doesn't even use it.
Rend needs better a implementation. Something like an autocasting support item would be a good start but might need a little extra boost as well. Something to make it useful, even for utility.

My opinion on the main damage boost of the Wastes set is unchanged. Leave it as it is. Instead make several smaller buffs via support items. Remember, such buffs are multiplicative with each other. In the end you'll get more power than just with one stupid buff of a class set.