Create a new kind of Rift for Cross Platform

General Discussion
D3 need something new. Create a new kind of rift or new kind of GR (specials monsters, or just elite packs, ubbers, all act bosses etc).

From the two. A new kind of Rifts on my view it's a good call.

Rift of Fear or Rift of Panic. It would be nice to connect 2 platforms.

See the Fortnite success allowing cross gaming platform.

Make the difference Blizzard. It's the opportunity to Boost your image respect after the fiasco with DI. That will Boost the game worth plus value aggregated.

PC gamers will get a "PC" written above portrait. Switch gamers will get "NS" written above portrait.
Crossplatform won't be happening for numerous reasons. One major factor is that PC and console versions have fundamental differences.
Cross-platform wouldn't work. Here's what it would be like if they did: https://youtu.be/n2WqYidC_0Y
03/19/2019 05:22 AMPosted by Kirottu
Crossplatform won't be happening for numerous reasons. One major factor is that PC and console versions have fundamental differences.

Exactly for this reason i said a new kind of Rift. On this new rift all these differences could be equalized. It could bring a different gameplay to fit both platform.

03/19/2019 05:40 AMPosted by McCloud
Cross-platform wouldn't work. Here's what it would be like if they did: https://youtu.be/n2WqYidC_0Y

Not asking cross platform for the whole game. Just for a new rift which work for both. A new rift it means a new gameplay mode for both play together.
Exactly for this reason i said a new kind of Rift. On this new rift all these differences could be equalized. It could bring a different gameplay to fit both platform.

No, they can't equalized. Consoles have manual dodge which gives significant advantage compared to PC. Consoles have different Nephalem Glory mechanic which cripples their gameplay. Consoles have locally stored saves making them susceptiple to hacking. Consoles can't handle the same monster density as PC.

The PC version will never be gimped to console mechanics to allow crossplay nor would console player ever accept pure PC mechanics on consoles.

You're delusional if think a mere new type of rift would be enough to allow crossplay.
I feel like this crossed their minds during the post development of the game. But as the game was in its development phase, they problably found numerous problems, mainly becuase they wanted to hit "All types of gamers" and not just "PC gamers". That's why in a game, only 4 players can join because there are only 4 controllers on a console. It's just an assumption but I think the PC version of this game has a lot of "limitations" on the "MMO experience" becuase of the idea of cross platform. And now they are all just lazy to edit/undo anything.

"well !@#$, its too late now boss, forget those ideas that will make it cool on the PC version, you wanted this on every platform so you get what you get" -Craig from D3 IT Department
03/19/2019 09:44 AMPosted by Kirottu

No, they can't equalized. Consoles have manual dodge which gives significant advantage compared to PC. Consoles have different Nephalem Glory mechanic which cripples their gameplay. Consoles have locally stored saves making them susceptiple to hacking. Consoles can't handle the same monster density as PC.

The PC version will never be gimped to console mechanics to allow crossplay nor would console player ever accept pure PC mechanics on consoles.

You're delusional if think a mere new type of rift would be enough to allow crossplay.

So you already said a lot from new rift to make it possible. New rift will have cloud saved and manual dodge for both. Etc. Of course they will have to adapt to work out for both. For that is called NEW rift instead old rift. It will be a entirely new instance to get fun :D
Keep on trollin' Pard ol' chap!
03/19/2019 01:46 PMPosted by DonMartin
Keep on trollin' Pard ol' chap!

While D3 does not entertain yet. Forum does HeHe
We as the PC race will never accept your cheaters. We have our own lol.
awww the hackers wanna play with their PC masters