NVIDIA FreeStyle AVAILABLE NOW on GeForce Experience!

Games & Technology
I tried it out, about all it did is seem to jack up the brightness to make some details stand out more. I could do that without a post process filter. Shut it off after a few minutes. Tried the details filter, was not impressed.

Tried it on Grim Dawn, did a bit better, but didn't like how the contrast and brightness seemed increased so I shut it off again, unimpressed.
05/01/2019 03:59 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
I tried it out, about all it did is seem to jack up the brightness to make some details stand out more. I could do that without a post process filter. Shut it off after a few minutes. Tried the details filter, was not impressed.

Tried it on Grim Dawn, did a bit better, but didn't like how the contrast and brightness seemed increased so I shut it off again, unimpressed.

Cant seem to please anyone these days can we? Your choice to use it or not but I will keep using it as I have various needs for my vision :P
04/30/2019 10:28 PMPosted by LiLmEgZ
Maybe you can tell NVIDIA this on their forums... wont do ya no good here as they dont read this forum :P

My point is to tell people here that are looking at your thread so they have more information. I can pretty well assure you that virtually zero people here are going to go over to the nVidia DevTalk fora either before or after downloading the installer you listed. Most people don't even know that specific forum exists as it isn't part of the regular community fora provided by nVidia.
Missing out the nvidia shield streams the diablo 3 experience perfectly using their own computers.
Only thing I noticed like others have pointed out is it cranks the brightness way up. As for Details or Looking better I notice no change in graphics. Running on a GTX 1080 with max settings turned on.
04/30/2019 03:10 PMPosted by McCloud
I removed GeForce Experience due to it being spyware now you insensitive clod.
Ya when i ran a virus scan it came up as maliscious spyware. Removed that and the beta drivers. Was like 3 drivers ago.
05/01/2019 07:39 PMPosted by LiLmEgZ
Cant seem to please anyone these days can we? Your choice to use it or not but I will keep using it as I have various needs for my vision :P

Go ahead and continue to use it. I never claimed you shouldn't use it, I simply stated that I didn't care for it and don't use it, as well as why I didn't use it.

If others find it suits them, all the more power to them.
I dont know why you guys are trashing on Raedon.

Bang for the buck, I find Raedon better lately. An older Raedon 480 w/ 4gb will perform pretty much the same as a newer GTX1060 w/ 6GB and at about 2/3 the cost.

I mean you wont 4k game with a Raedon 480, but itll play anything out on high settings for like $90.

and I also find it to run cooler than the GTX card I replaced. like 60-65c normally where my gtx card stayed at 70c and would actually overheat occasionally during high particle moments on Overwatch.
05/02/2019 08:03 AMPosted by Latest
and I also find it to run cooler than the GTX card I replaced. like 60-65c normally where my gtx card stayed at 70c and would actually overheat occasionally during high particle moments on Overwatch.

You had a defective cooler on your nVidia card and/or had an older model. Polaris runs much hotter than either Maxwell or Pascal. We're talking a good 20C difference. That's to be expected though, given AMD's penchant for brute forcing performance via high power draw vs. efficient designs.

AMD doesn't have bad cards, it just doesn't have efficient cards. nVidia's had them beat on that front for the last eight years. Thankfully for AMD, that's where the new 7nm fab process comes into play as smaller dies will help with the TDP.
05/01/2019 03:25 PMPosted by LiLmEgZ
05/01/2019 04:07 AMPosted by Zymurgeist
It's more buggy Nvidia garbage. Sorry not paying them twice what their graphics cards are worth so they can crash my rig. I'd play with Intel integrated graphics rather than install this garbage.

LOL dude... Integrated cards are trash, u cant do much with them as theyre not meant for gaming with much except for card games n such... have fun with that :)

I'm well aware.