PTR 2.6.5 Capt. America

Crusader
What about Akkhan BS? I get this is the LoN season, so everyone is more interested in that, but did anyone test the other option?
04/07/2019 03:20 AMPosted by Kikaha
Here's a gr136 I cleared (tbh, it was the first key but the rift was above average, no conduit still tho)
https://youtu.be/d91VZ4d8ZrY

Maybe it'll help you make your mind about the power of the build a bit better.

Looks fine. No nerf needed.

I haven't been on ptr yet, I trust you don't get the 'seasonal' buff in NS?
You do. For testing purposes. Won't be the case on live.
You can see the gear used at the end of the video, no LoN rings.
What about cube strongarm bracers (proc by vacuum) and equipe aquila cuirass ?

On my simulation i obtain more dps and more toughness. It's right ?
It is. Some players have done that on the PTR already and it'll be the most competitive build (you can also change gogok to PE).
However, strongarms don't work super well against the boss & don't have perma buff against all the mobs. But yeah. Can and probably do that. Especially if you don't have 15% BS on the shield.
OK, thank you very much.
They nerf Akkhan's Leniency from 75-100% down to 30-35%. The build is dead
I think it got over nerfed but I might be wrong. I still think it will be crusader's strongest build for the season and able to clear 130+
On the other hand, one shouldn't forget the LoN buff...
It might be dead as an Akhan build, but might still work with LoN, doesn't it?
But yeah, it's a sad day for that build... :((
50-75% would've been the sweet spot, or even 35-50%. 30-35% is such a narrow window of rolls.
Personally I think nerfing the Leniency damage was a massive mistake. Instead its stacks should have been limited. Now single target damage suffers greatly.
RIP
NIce to see that a dead build got brought up and then gutted for no good reason. Guess someone in the devs got upset crusaders were good for a few days.
04/23/2019 11:40 AMPosted by Sparhawk
NIce to see that a dead build got brought up and then gutted for no good reason. Guess someone in the devs got upset crusaders were good for a few days.

I think a lot of it had to do with insanely high paragon players basically screaming "omg look at me I'm too powerful" in their test videos.

I believe it was also capable of doing 100+ GR fairly easy with no augment but ya, the nerf was too much. It should be around 50% range instead.

As for non-season I think it's going to suck hard if they leave it the way it currently is on PTR.
Captain America is now a Lightning Hammerdin...
04/23/2019 03:20 PMPosted by PhoenixForce
I think a lot of it had to do with insanely high paragon players basically screaming "omg look at me I'm too powerful" in their test videos.

Dude, the fact is my Roland gear is way better than my BS gear (like, WAY better) and I could only dream of steamrolling a 136 like I did with BS before the nerf, and I was playing on the ptr with a subpar build.
Was the build too strong ? Not really (considering LoN star pact is a thing). Was it too strong compared to other crusader builds ? In S17 most definitely. In NS, not so much.
Build got nerfed. You know what ? Just play Roland sweep attack if you like blessed shield so much. It's exactly the same gameplay. Like, honestly, the only thing that changes between the two is BS hits all around you while sweep attack hits only in front of you. Other than that, you use the exact same skills and you do pretty much the exact same thing. You don't even see your shield being thrown when you play fire BS.
04/25/2019 09:34 AMPosted by Kikaha
04/23/2019 03:20 PMPosted by PhoenixForce

Dude, the fact is my Roland gear is way better than my BS gear (like, WAY better) and I could only dream of steamrolling a 136 like I did with BS before the nerf, and I was playing on the ptr with a subpar build.
Was the build too strong ? Not really (considering LoN star pact is a thing). Was it too strong compared to other crusader builds ? In S17 most definitely. In NS, not so much.
Build got nerfed. You know what ? Just play Roland sweep attack if you like blessed shield so much. It's exactly the same gameplay. Like, honestly, the only thing that changes between the two is BS hits all around you while sweep attack hits only in front of you. Other than that, you use the exact same skills and you do pretty much the exact same thing. You don't even see your shield being thrown when you play fire BS.

But is Rolland competitive with Invoker? I think not.
I'm disappointed, I really do not like invoker, and Hammerdin needs a good paragon to stay alive in very high GR's
Condenmn is ok, but invoker is at least 4-5 levels up.
04/25/2019 12:58 PMPosted by ENIAC
But is Rolland competitive with Invoker? I think not.

Roland is 2 levels behind Invoker at most. It's not that bad tbh.
Kikaha, what’s a good time spent to kill the boss with Roland? Let’say the worst scenario possible, Cold Snap without any Shrine. Obviously pushing Solo GR.

Another thing: with All Res everywhere, except in rings, amuleth, gloves, and enough high paragon, could be possible wear a Bane of Powerful instead the Esoteric Alteration? Being in perma AC, perma Iron Skin, with Aquila Cuirass and maybe a Primal Denial with 31% BC... maybe we can fill the difference with Invoker.
Good boss kill on a single target non moving boss (cold snap, but not tethrys for example) would be 3min30 maybe ? It's hard to say....
As for playing without eso, it's possible but the damage from powerful (considering hetting the proc isn't easy) is not good enough. Maybe even zei would be better. But in the end, it's better to be more tanky as that allows you to dps more elites and bigger packs at the same time, which ends up in more actual dps than a powerful. Imo.