PTR 2.6.5 Capt. America

Crusader
Since you would want a lot of attack speed and cooldown reduction wouldn't a broken promise ring be good for this build? freeing up 7 slots on armor and rings
No.
I mean, at some point it should be obvious that Broken Promise is a garbage item. If your attacks hit 10 mobs, you have to hit 50 mobs without critting once in order to get the buff. At 5% crit chance, that's 0.95^50 = 7% of happening. 10 mobs.
Oh, ok. I thought only the first enemy hit would proc it
04/27/2019 07:27 AMPosted by Himax
Since you would want a lot of attack speed and cooldown reduction wouldn't a broken promise ring be good for this build? freeing up 7 slots on armor and rings

Broken Promise suck!

There had been lotsa computations/simulations and it gives squat DPS...

If however they change the numbers to "3 consecutive non-crits and 5 seconds of guaranteed crits" I would buy it; otherwise NO.
Regarding buffed Akkhan's Leniency going from 15-20% per enemy hit to a possible 100% per enemy hit, it got nerfed on April 23rd patch to only 30-35%, well S17 text says it is now 35-40% over 3 seconds.
They basically buffed the thing by 5%, after originally nerfing it to high hell.
A maximum stack count like 20 with 75%-100% would have been a much better idea. This way the RG takes forever and the trash clear is only good when there are huge groups of mobs :(
20 stack max at 100% is less dmg than 50 stacks at 40%. you can get up to 80 stacks in good maps. If you've never played the build please don't ask for ridiculously bad ideas. BS will be at least as strong as invoker next season. Sure it should be more powerful since "it's only for one season" but whatever, the build would be awful in NS antway, be it at 100 or at 20 per stack.
Everybody cares about 35-40% of Akkhan’s Leniency buff, but nobody is focusing on those “3 seconds” of time effect. Isn’t this a huge nerf which has compromised the effectiveness of the build in high group grifts? I haven’t never tried this build.
It was always at 3 seconds, what do you mean ?
05/11/2019 02:59 PMPosted by Kikaha
20 stack max at 100% is less dmg than 50 stacks at 40%. you can get up to 80 stacks in good maps. If you've never played the build please don't ask for ridiculously bad ideas. BS will be at least as strong as invoker next season. Sure it should be more powerful since "it's only for one season" but whatever, the build would be awful in NS antway, be it at 100 or at 20 per stack.

Yeah thank you but i can do the math by myself...
My point is that you dont always have a good map, and you dont always have 40+ stacks. Especially when speedfarming solo. And 20 Stacks with 100% would make a way smoother and less add-dependant RG killing time.
Of course no stack limit would be better for pushing. But how much time do you really spend with pushing compared to Para farming as a solo player?
So i would prefer the 20 stacks 100% variant considering that Crusader already has a good push build but lacks a good speedfarm build above the 100s.

But of course you can think what you want ;)
Yes, I am sorry, I did a mistake :), didn’t carefully read it.
05/12/2019 03:23 PMPosted by Emilie
So i would prefer the 20 stacks 100% variant considering that Crusader already has a good push build but lacks a good speedfarm build above the 100s.

I think we are not playing the same game. Crusaders have very good speed farming builds for 100-110s. LoN Condemn can easily do those in 5mins.
What crus lack is very high pushing AoE builds. Especially 4p. The best way to compete in 4p is to have heavily scaling builds such as blessed shield, that scales very well with density with AD and attack speed (from PE). If you kill the scaling by adding a limit on stack numbers, you just kill it.

05/12/2019 03:23 PMPosted by Emilie
you dont always have 40+ stacks

Pro-tip : if you don't have 40 stacks, you shouldn't even bother killing the thing and just move on with your life. 40 stacks at 2aps / 3s means you have to hit 7 mobs. That's not a lot of mobs. And you usually have more than 2aps.
Emilie, can I know which Crusader builds do you think are good for pushes? With LoN Condemn I stopped at 123 last Season, few days ago in NS 120 in 9:19. Obviously I take a ton of GRs from Wizard, so... as said Kikaha maybe we play different games.

By the way, with LoN bonus next season has anybody planned to try a LoN Physical Condemn? I think I mostly will play Necromancer, so probably I won’t have the time to collect all the right items but could be interesting. That of really lacks Condemn is damage against Élites, which is simply not consistent: BotS doesn’t apply at the Élites in decent times so you need to have in group a skilled BK.

With Wizard dominating AD, Invoker remains the only half-consistent build which a Crusader can wear in high GRs (130+).

About BS: I wonder if also you have enough damage, the couple high AD - fast AS would give big lag issues with great density...
Oof. They stuck with 35-40% and didn’t do any other upgrades? So much hype wasted...
05/01/2019 03:12 AMPosted by Astig
04/27/2019 07:27 AMPosted by Himax

Broken Promise suck!

There had been lotsa computations/simulations and it gives squat DPS...

If however they change the numbers to "3 consecutive non-crits and 5 seconds of guaranteed crits" I would buy it; otherwise NO.

Broken Promise needs to have -5%, or -10% crit chance as an affix to be any good. But then it might become TOO good.