Primal Vault

General Discussion
What happens? Anyone try it yet?
04/08/2019 04:48 PMPosted by Crypto
What happens? Anyone try it yet?

Anthony Evans has a video on YouTube where he cracked a regular, an ancient and a primal.
Spoiler Alert. Same as Ancient.
Primal vault shoud be more rewarding. This would give players task to do ALL YEAR.
We won’t know how rewarding primal vault is until the ptr deletes the legendary drop bonus
04/08/2019 07:12 PMPosted by MOE

As far as I know this is true. The patch notes indicate that both rings give one new result. Not two new results. Testing on the PTR seems to back that Primal and Ancient Puzzle rings give the same result. Primal is really just a perfect Ancient after all.
I have a primal PR in my bank from a couple seasons ago. Used it in the cube first thing, got a vault with about 40 gobs in it. Used an ancient PR right after and got basically the same thing. No difference that I noticed.
That's because primals are ancients. In fact some ancients are BETTER than primals. Got my 3rd yangs since launch and not one had the 12 disp needed on the secondary roll and this one had RCR and Vit.

Version 1 Primal, now that would/should have a different reward.
04/09/2019 02:11 PMPosted by Prology
That's because primals are ancients. In fact some ancients are BETTER than primals. Got my 3rd yangs since launch and not one had the 12 disp needed on the secondary roll and this one had RCR and Vit.

Version 1 Primal, now that would/should have a different reward.

Items like this should always spawn with Discipline. Quivers like holy point shot should always spawn with impale DML with MS etc.
04/09/2019 08:27 AMPosted by MissCheetah

As far as I know this is true. The patch notes indicate that both rings give one new result. Not two new results. Testing on the PTR seems to back that Primal and Ancient Puzzle rings give the same result. Primal is really just a perfect Ancient after all.

Primal is really just a perfect Ancient after all

perfection is overrated!
04/09/2019 07:59 PMPosted by kab

perfection is overrated!

NOT "perfect" just maximum rolls. With a few exceptions Primals could be made to drop with what are known to be the preferred stats, primary and secondary. Getting a truly "perfect" Primal or one that can be made so with one stat change is truly rare. If a Primal 3.0 ever comes about this would be a change to look at. I won't hold my breath.
04/09/2019 07:59 PMPosted by kab

lol.

Yeah right! You obviously have not got many Primals. They are sub-optimal 90% of the time.

I'd like to see Cow King + Cow Queen on the primal version. Maybe they could drop a new legendary gem. It would be good 'cuz it has tons of season we don't get a new legendary gem.
Imagine the big whining when u introduce a new gem dropped only when u can get your hands on a primal PR :D