Diablo 4 Starting/Intro Leak [April 1]

General Discussion
Ok, so this is how Diablo 4 should start

Leah wakes up from a nightmare screaming, "UNCLE DECKARD AHHH UNCLE DECKARD! AHHHH *SCREAMS*"
Deckard Cain enters her cabin asking, "What's wrong, Leah? ... Those nightmares again?!"
Leah responds by telling the nightmare she saw, and her nightmare is the whole story of Diablo 3.

So Diablo 3 was just a nightmare... and nothing serious :D
Leah says, "Uncle Deckard, I WAS DIABLO in my dream..."
Cain responds, "Go back to sleep Leah, it was only a vision"

So D3...
It doesn't count!
It gets deleted!
It never happened!
It didn't exist!

The real story of Diablo begins with Deckard Cain returning in Diablo 4
04/01/2019 04:22 PMPosted by Love

Cain was like 100 years old. He kept getting stuck in that cage in burnt out Tristram in D2. He kept leaving his lore books all over Sanctuary in D3. His life was ended by butterflies.

Let the poor guy R.I.P.
Signed.
04/01/2019 04:50 PMPosted by Alexismad
04/01/2019 04:22 PMPosted by Love

Cain was like 100 years old. He kept getting stuck in that cage in burnt out Tristram in D2. He kept leaving his lore books all over Sanctuary in D3. His life was ended by butterflies.

Let the poor guy R.I.P.

Not butterflies. A witch who liked butterflies.
Adria persuaded Leah to eat the mysterious black shroom.

Next thing you know Adria starts shooting neon orange laser beams from her forehead at a metal castle gate while talking to Leah...while encouraging that behavior and justifying it as somehow "normal" by saying "just like mum taught u...go...now!".

I prefer D2's story where Malah says that Larzuk asker her for 20 of her 'Finest sheepskins' to 'Fill with hot air' and "Float about the clouds over the battlefield...to spy on Baal's legions!' Or, when Anya says "If Larzuk could dance 1/2 as well as he 'smiths' (whatever that means) he'd be married by now. Just look at his shoulders!"

D2's voice acting and music is like 2bil times better than D3's. So is the storytelling and dialogue-writing. It's not even close what the better game is and why.

Bascially in D3 they eat black shrooms and shoot neon laser beams from foreheads...and in D2 they talk about big shoulders and floating with air-filled sheepskins..but only the finest skins no average-skins...
I'd rather see Cain flip out and start swinging his staff as Leah because he doesn't know who she is. "You weren't in Diablo 2!" and smashes her head in as if she were a spoony bard.
I will never understand the obsession with the bad story in this game. Diablo has never had a good story, and it was never a focus of the developers.

I understand people being upset at Cain dying, but they can easily retcon that in a simple mission. Writing yourself out of a hole is pretty easy in the fantasy genre. He can be our Jon Snow :P
Just make D-4 a totally different setting with nothing to do with the baggage of the last three Diablo story-lines. Is that so different or radical to attempt?! What?! are the devs so afraid if there's no mention of Tristram or Deckard Caine in the fourth game that no one will play it?

They keep hinting of a world map; perhaps the devs should put their money where their mouths are and make an actual open game starting the player off elsewhere. A challenging ARPG that doesn't drag the corpse story-lines of the last three Diablo games like a prisoner dragging his chains.

Keep the Lord of Terror in it. Keep his siblings. Just show a little creativity and don't just have D-4 game merely be a reflection of the D-3 game.
Each thread you make on an hourly basis is stupider than the last. I'm fairly sure you're the lowest post-count person I've muted here.
100% this.
04/02/2019 01:19 PMPosted by AshyLarry
I will never understand the obsession with the bad story in this game. Diablo has never had a good story, and it was never a focus of the developers.

I understand people being upset at Cain dying, but they can easily retcon that in a simple mission. Writing yourself out of a hole is pretty easy in the fantasy genre. He can be our Jon Snow :P

I thought Diablo and Diablo 2 had pretty good stories. Have you read any of the older books?
Does noone notice this post was written on April 1? It even mentions the date in the subject...April Fools>>>

I'd suggest you start from the beginning with the books, in order.
Then play the games over again, then reflect on your first comment.
Shut up.
04/04/2019 07:37 AMPosted by Palpapally
Shut up.

April Fools, haha
Go cry to your mom
04/03/2019 09:19 AMPosted by SuperduperJW

I thought Diablo and Diablo 2 had pretty good stories. Have you read any of the older books?

I haven't read any of the books. ANd it's quite possible that those books are good. But the story in the games was always such a backdrop. D2 you weren't even really part of the story.

I think it would be really cool if Diablo 4 had a really interesting story with good characters. But it's such a small symptom of what's really wrong with D3, and shouldn't be the main focus IMO.
04/04/2019 06:19 AMPosted by Exuri

I'd suggest you start from the beginning with the books, in order.
Then play the games over again, then reflect on your first comment.

I'm honestly not interested. No offense to anyone who enjoys them, I just don't care enough about the lore of this game. Never have. Played the series since D2 first released.

Maybe they're amazing reads but the game itself has never been focused on the story. In fact you can make the argument, that D3 is the most story focused of all the games so far (maybe D1 though).

And if a story has other required reading to enjoy then it's not a good story. If you need to read a book to like a movie or a video game then the makers of that video game or movie or whatever failed at implementing the story and themes correctly.