WTF season 17 is a recycle of season 5!!!

General Discussion
I got that pet and portrait already!!!

But you get some new wings if the compleat the season!
It is part of Blizz's "going green" program to get get in good with the tree huggers. It uses a lot of valuable resources to come up with the new ideas. Recycle the ideas instead and save the planet. Think of them as heroes.
A sign that D3 is truly dead. Once the recycling starts, we done.

What wings are they, I cant remember if I have those or not. Might have to play for 3 hours to get em
I hope they just didnt get a chance to add the art yet........
They have the art, Hella stuff on the mtx market in china. All they would have needed to do is bring that img to the other servers and regions that are available and be lazy that way.
omg again! wtf devs? just put a some new wings or flag with old rewards and we will be happy!
Eh, call me crazy, but I'm fine with some of these cycling through again. I've played every season so far, and have all the pets and wings and pennants, but I don't mind other people getting a chance to get them. I also realize most people don't think like that, which I find odd.
Its season 5 rewards to be more exact
Haven't checked myself yet but the cosmetics are the same as S5? I'm disappointed but I did predict this several seasons ago. According to datamining there was enough seasonal portrait frame sets only up to S16.

They could have added some new pets and such at least. The portrait frames have been mostly rubbish.
just cycling through again eh? Doesn't matter much to me, I'm not possibly playing this just because the cosmetics are shiny. If I'm playing a game, it's to play the game, I don't need a carrot.

Maybe it's just a placeholder until the final stuff is ready? No matter either way.
The fact that we're still getting the conqueror's transmogrification should've been a sign that they'll start recycling the other seasonal rewards as well.
04/05/2019 02:11 PMPosted by Pereg
Its season 5 rewards to be more exact

I also saw that completing Guardian in S17 rewarded some kewl dragon style wings... so maybe they finally giving incentives to complete the journey in full!

More Details on S17 @ http://diablo.blizzpro.com/2019/04/05/season-17-preview-conquests-haedrigs-gifts-more/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8!

I don't usually make this kind of comment, but I could not resist XD

Anyway, this had to happen someday. 3 years of cosmetics rotation is not bad.
(Sorry, my english is not good)
04/05/2019 08:24 PMPosted by MFPF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8!

I don't usually make this kind of comment, but I could not resist XD

(Sorry, my english is not good)

Indeed, I actually don't mind that. I was looking to possibly migrate to a new region for much better server performance, but I was put off by it because I've collected a nice batch of cosmetics in my current region.

But for the last year or so I've been doing Chapters I-IV on both regions just in case. All I'm missing is the cosmetics from earlier seasons, like the Andariel wings.

This'll be a good chance to catch up. Might even go for Guardian for the first time in my life.
I am personally happy that they're recycling portraits and pets. I have met friends that are new to Diablo 3. This remake of season 5 was only one of two seasons in which I was not able to achieve guardian. Only destroyer on seasons 4 and 5. It gives me a chance to play non season without having to miss out on anything. I'm very happy about it overall.
04/05/2019 08:24 PMPosted by MFPF

04/05/2019 09:41 PMPosted by WittyGem
Indeed, I actually don't mind that. I was looking to possibly migrate to a new region for much better server performance, but I was put off by it because I've collected a nice batch of cosmetics in my current region.

04/06/2019 08:25 AMPosted by Achilles
I am personally happy that they're recycling portraits and pets. I have met friends that are new to Diablo 3. This remake of season 5 was only one of two seasons in which I was not able to achieve guardian.

I figured it would eventually happen and I think they went about it in a way that is a good compromise. Players who are new to D3, or only recently got the Switch version, can get the basic rewards.

We DO get new wings for Guardian this season which is quite new and gives people a reason to complete the game at that level.

Easy stuff goes to everyone, harder stuff is still new and exclusive.

I expect this will continue in the future.
The addition of an extra reward to Guardian is very welcome. Up to this point playing all the way up to Guardian hasn't had any proper incentive. You normally got an extra stash tab from Conqueror but what did Guardian give? An extra portrait frame and that's it. Now you get a set of really cool looking wings.
nothing really new. would have rathered a D3 expansion at blizzcon2018
Those of us who have been following the datamined portraits from a few years back have been expecting this. S16 was the last of those portraits to be used.

TBH, I'm more so disappointed that they didn't start with S4... I didn't play that season. I'm also happy that, going forward I won't have to play two accounts in order to get the season rewards on both since I already have most of these rewards on my main account.

Galactic Wings are a good compromise and actually give an incentive to do Guardian at least once I guess. If they change the wings every season... oh man.
04/06/2019 09:38 AMPosted by Kirottu
The addition of an extra reward to Guardian is very welcome. Up to this point playing all the way up to Guardian hasn't had any proper incentive. You normally got an extra stash tab from Conqueror but what did Guardian give? An extra portrait frame and that's it. Now you get a set of really cool looking wings.

The only guardian portrait worth the effort was the one from S8... the pentagram that looked extra good in Guardian colours.

Apart from that, yeah, the Galactic Wings are a good addition.